Author Topic: The State of Popular Music  (Read 632 times)

Beavis in KC

• -Nutter-
  • What the fvck are you looking at?
The State of Popular Music
« on: February 26, 2016, 10:02:43 am »
This was pretty interesting.

Kansas St. WildcatsKansas City RoyalsGolden State WarriorsKansas City ChiefsDetroit Red Wings
2016 Stucknut Member of the Year

wireman

• -Nutter-
Re: The State of Popular Music
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 10:59:06 am »
"....pretentious wankers..." :lol

d00d has a point.  there'll always be brain cell melting music but, nowadays there's more of it than ever.  I think the reason is artists have several mediums to have their music heard on (youtube/facebook/twitter, etc) that the music is being produced quickly to get it to the masses. 

rarely and I mean rarely do I listen to the actual music on the radio other than sports (hello Pandora/SiriusXM) but, when I do; my brain cells get all mawlty.  typically i'll turn to the hip-hop station just to see whats on and I really cannot tell the artist's apart from each other.  don't get me wrong what these guys/girls do I'm not mad; more power to them because that's what the masses want and they are getting paid.  of course the r&b station is different (mainly because they'll mix in some oldies) but, even w/the newer artist's I can listen and separate one from another.

listen at your own risk...
North Carolina Tar HeelsOakland AthleticsSacramento KingsOakland RaidersCarolina Hurricanes
I may be drunk Miss but, in the morning I'll be sober & you'll still be ugly. W. Churchill

Stab

• Morally Flexible
  • -Nutter-
  • Stuck in the past.
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 06:49:45 pm »
I've been saying that same stuff for years.

I've had the displeasure of having to hear a lot of pop radio at work and it is terrible, terrible stuff...most of it.

I guess though, my favorite band and pretty much all I listen to mostly still is Motley Crue. So what do I know?

Most all their songs were written by the same guy too, the bass player.
Wisconsin BadgersMilwaukee BrewersMilwaukee BucksGreen Bay Packers
Probably the worst person ever.

frankinhouston

• -Member-
  • Hello!
    • @harryhooper8
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 08:35:15 pm »
"....pretentious wankers..." :lol

d00d has a point.  there'll always be brain cell melting music but, nowadays there's more of it than ever.  I think the reason is artists have several mediums to have their music heard on (youtube/facebook/twitter, etc) that the music is being produced quickly to get it to the masses. 

rarely and I mean rarely do I listen to the actual music on the radio other than sports (hello Pandora/SiriusXM) but, when I do; my brain cells get all mawlty.  typically i'll turn to the hip-hop station just to see whats on and I really cannot tell the artist's apart from each other.  don't get me wrong what these guys/girls do I'm not mad; more power to them because that's what the masses want and they are getting paid.  of course the r&b station is different (mainly because they'll mix in some oldies) but, even w/the newer artist's I can listen and separate one from another.

listen at your own risk...

nice take wireman. rack

f
Texas A&M AggiesHouston AstrosHouston RocketsHouston Texans