Author Topic: Uncle Sam Wants Apple to Hack Itself?  (Read 1849 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Hedstrom

  • -Nutter-
  • Posts: 10784
  • Karma: +54
  • Born and Raised in South Detroit
    • hedstrombacon
    • @hedstrombacon
Uncle Sam Wants Apple to Hack Itself?
« on: February 18, 2016, 11:36:52 am »
http://www.apple.com/customer-letter/

"February 16, 2016

A Message to Our Customers

The United States government has demanded that Apple take an unprecedented step which threatens the security of our customers. We oppose this order, which has implications far beyond the legal case at hand.

This moment calls for public discussion, and we want our customers and people around the country to understand what is at stake."
Miami DolphinsCalgary Flames

Beavis in KC

  • -Nutter-
  • Posts: 3129
  • Karma: +122
  • What the fvck are you looking at?
Re: Uncle Sam Wants Apple to Hack Itself?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 11:44:57 am »
To Apple, I say:  Don't you dare.

Kansas St. WildcatsKansas City RoyalsGolden State WarriorsKansas City ChiefsDetroit Red Wings
2016 Stucknut Member of the Year

Spaz

  • Pimp
  • -Member-
  • Posts: 900
  • Karma: +1
  • Fresh KING of Bel-Air
Re: Uncle Sam Wants Apple to Hack Itself?
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 12:20:13 pm »
lol i have unlisted fone numbers so fu k u apple
UCLA BruinsLos Angeles DodgersGolden State WarriorsNew England PatriotsSan Jose Sharks
Don't fuk with me or I'll kick ur ass boi

Saluki

  • I'd never join a club that would have me as a
  • -Nutter-
  • Posts: 10161
  • Karma: +2
  • I've made a huge mistake
Re: Uncle Sam Wants Apple to Hack Itself?
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 01:43:42 pm »
Pretty sure Uncle Sam could hack it. My guess is, goobermint wants to set the precedent of a company doing it for them.
Southern Illinois SalukisPittsburgh PiratesChicago BullsPittsburgh SteelersPittsburgh Penguins
I'm more muscular than you /s/ Tudo

Rob in VB

  • Masticater
  • -Nutter-
  • Posts: 7852
  • Karma: +72
  • Zamboni Pilot
Re: Uncle Sam Wants Apple to Hack Itself?
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2016, 01:47:50 pm »
Pretty sure Uncle Sam could hack it. My guess is, goobermint wants to set the precedent of a company doing it for them.

They can't get away from password attempts limit.  I thought that too, Saluki, but then I thought that if you were that smart you wouldn't be inclined to hack it for the gubmint.
Georgetown HoyasNew York MetsNew York KnicksDallas CowboysWashington Capitals

Saluki

  • I'd never join a club that would have me as a
  • -Nutter-
  • Posts: 10161
  • Karma: +2
  • I've made a huge mistake
Re: Uncle Sam Wants Apple to Hack Itself?
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2016, 03:03:39 pm »
They can't get away from password attempts limit.  I thought that too, Saluki, but then I thought that if you were that smart you wouldn't be inclined to hack it for the gubmint.

Isn't this about creating backdoors the goobermint can use to access people's shit?
Southern Illinois SalukisPittsburgh PiratesChicago BullsPittsburgh SteelersPittsburgh Penguins
I'm more muscular than you /s/ Tudo

wireman

  • -Nutter-
  • Posts: 4034
  • Karma: +39
Re: Uncle Sam Wants Apple to Hack Itself?
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2016, 03:21:04 pm »
Isn't this about creating backdoors the goobermint can use to access people's shit?
pretty much.  of course it would only be used in cases where criminal activity is/has taken place
North Carolina Tar HeelsOakland AthleticsSacramento KingsOakland RaidersCarolina Hurricanes
I may be drunk Miss but, in the morning I'll be sober & you'll still be ugly. W. Churchill

Beavis in KC

  • -Nutter-
  • Posts: 3129
  • Karma: +122
  • What the fvck are you looking at?
Re: Uncle Sam Wants Apple to Hack Itself?
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2016, 03:45:35 pm »
pretty much.  of course it would only be used in cases where criminal activity is/has taken place

Right.

 :lol
Kansas St. WildcatsKansas City RoyalsGolden State WarriorsKansas City ChiefsDetroit Red Wings
2016 Stucknut Member of the Year

frankinhouston

  • -Member-
  • Posts: 5564
  • Karma: +33
    • @harryhooper8
Re: Uncle Sam Wants Apple to Hack Itself?
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2016, 07:24:39 pm »
please observe the people have posted before, then judge....................harrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

f
Texas A&M AggiesHouston AstrosHouston RocketsHouston Texans

PlaynWithDummies

  • Why am I still just a
  • -Member-
  • Posts: 9545
  • Karma: +19
    • playnwithdummies
    • @PlaynWithDummys
Re: Uncle Sam Wants Apple to Hack Itself?
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2016, 04:46:32 pm »
pretty much.  of course it would only be used in cases where criminal activity is/has taken place
I call bullshit

I have worked for companies that have required a police clearance check.   My ilast one I had done I had to submit finger prints because according to them a hit came back on my names.  Total bullshit... just a scam to get your prints into the system.  Its all digital now and stored.
Green Bay PackersToronto Maple Leafs
If you're bored I've got a whole bunch of off's you can go fvck.

Dan in Toronto

  • -Member-
  • Posts: 371
  • Karma: +0
Re: Uncle Sam Wants Apple to Hack Itself?
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2016, 06:25:22 am »
I work in two separate unrelated businesses. One uses PC because of the accounting software. The other uses Apple because of the design software. Both have their advantages and disadvantages but there have been less hardware and security issues on the Apple side.

When it was time to get a new computer, I went Apple after having used PC exclusively up until I started working with the company that uses Apple. I'm no tech wizard but I did my own research and then went to the Apple store a few separate times to ask questions.

The only added security that was suggested was a VPN. No problems at all for the last 3 years. It sure beats having to purchase security software every year. Apple is pricey but I'll never go back to PC. The phones kinda suck though.
Buffalo BillsOttawa Senators

Beavis in KC

  • -Nutter-
  • Posts: 3129
  • Karma: +122
  • What the fvck are you looking at?
Re: Uncle Sam Wants Apple to Hack Itself?
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2016, 06:40:59 am »
One of the reasons Apple is considered more secure is that there are so few of them out there compared with PCs.  Apple makes up 8% of the market.  It is way better for hackers to write programs that attack the operating system that runs on the remaining 92%.
Kansas St. WildcatsKansas City RoyalsGolden State WarriorsKansas City ChiefsDetroit Red Wings
2016 Stucknut Member of the Year

Dan in Toronto

  • -Member-
  • Posts: 371
  • Karma: +0
Re: Uncle Sam Wants Apple to Hack Itself?
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2016, 06:46:28 am »
One of the reasons Apple is considered more secure is that there are so few of them out there compared with PCs.  Apple makes up 8% of the market.  It is way better for hackers to write programs that attack the operating system that runs on the remaining 92%.

 :koolaid
Buffalo BillsOttawa Senators

Hedstrom

  • -Nutter-
  • Posts: 10784
  • Karma: +54
  • Born and Raised in South Detroit
    • hedstrombacon
    • @hedstrombacon
Re: Uncle Sam Wants Apple to Hack Itself?
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2016, 06:09:41 am »
The phones don't "kinda" suck, they full on suck.
Miami DolphinsCalgary Flames

PlaynWithDummies

  • Why am I still just a
  • -Member-
  • Posts: 9545
  • Karma: +19
    • playnwithdummies
    • @PlaynWithDummys
Re: Uncle Sam Wants Apple to Hack Itself?
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2016, 01:31:15 pm »
I like my iPhone
Green Bay PackersToronto Maple Leafs
If you're bored I've got a whole bunch of off's you can go fvck.