Author Topic: UFC 196  (Read 4790 times)

Laser Wang

• Pussy Eater
  • -Nutter-
Re: UFC 196
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2016, 05:59:58 pm »
I made fake stucknut currency by betting on both Tate and Diaz. Rack me.  8)
North Carolina Tar HeelsHouston AstrosCharlotte HornetsBaltimore RavensCalgary Flames

Hedstrom

• -Nutter-
  • Born and Raised in South Detroit
    • hedstrombacon
    • @hedstrombacon
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2016, 06:58:15 pm »

Miesha Tate beating Holm was considered a very possible scenario by those in the know - Tate is no joke and has been a top contender for longer than Holm.    Therefore, I don't think this was something that totally threw a wrench into Dana White's best-laid plans for Rousey and Holm - a Rousey vs Holm part 2 fight should still be as viable as ever.  My guess is they put Tate in against some top contender (maybe that Nunes chick, even though she's not all that), and then they put Holm in against Rousey again, and the winners of those fights will then face each other. They might even put those fights on in the same card.

Absolutely White knew Tate was a legit threat. That's why he wanted Holm to wait and fight Rousey at UFC 200 but I believe since Rousey won't be available until at least the fall they had to let it happen. I agree that Tate will likely face Nunes, Rousey v Holms 2 and winner meets winner.

As far as Diaz goes, him and his brother have always been saying they don't get the promotion that other fighters get and don't get the opportunities other fighters get.  Fact is you make your own opportunities and Nate did that by being ready and willing to fight McGregor and subsequently taking him out.

Looking back at what Dan referred to at UFC 129, Rory McDonald's win over Nate at 170 sent him down to 155. Nate then had very impressive wins against Cerrone and Miller....earned the title shot and lost a decision to Benson Henderson. He worked back and earned an important bout against Dos Anjos and missed weight. How is this not getting opportunities other fighters get? Thing is, Dos Anjos dominated Nate last time and with 4 guys ranked ahead of him in a loaded lightweight division (although he has that 155 win over Cerrone), it's a tough call to say he deserves a title shot right now.
Miami DolphinsCalgary Flames

Justin NoCal

• Dickpuss Penegor, PhD.
  • -Nutter-
  • leave the gun, take the cannolis
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2016, 07:35:03 pm »
Is this where I come in and say yah brah yah Diaz bros NoCal 209?
I met those two idiots at a liquor store in Lodi, CA at 1:45am. They have a lot of raw talent but they're both a couple of morans.
California Golden BearsSan Francisco GiantsSacramento KingsWashington Redskins
Elevate, excavate, eliminate.

Dog

• -Nutter-
  • The Anti-Nutter
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2016, 08:17:49 pm »
 :lol Vic making friends
Boise St. BroncosChicago CubsBoston CelticsMiami Dolphins

Hedstrom

• -Nutter-
    • hedstrombacon
    • @hedstrombacon

VicNocal

• NFL Pool Champ
  • -Member-
  • My brand > Your brand
    • vicnocal
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2016, 01:19:11 am »
Absolutely White knew Tate was a legit threat. That's why he wanted Holm to wait and fight Rousey at UFC 200 but I believe since Rousey won't be available until at least the fall they had to let it happen. I agree that Tate will likely face Nunes, Rousey v Holms 2 and winner meets winner.

As far as Diaz goes, him and his brother have always been saying they don't get the promotion that other fighters get and don't get the opportunities other fighters get.  Fact is you make your own opportunities and Nate did that by being ready and willing to fight McGregor and subsequently taking him out.

Looking back at what Dan referred to at UFC 129, Rory McDonald's win over Nate at 170 sent him down to 155. Nate then had very impressive wins against Cerrone and Miller....earned the title shot and lost a decision to Benson Henderson. He worked back and earned an important bout against Dos Anjos and missed weight. How is this not getting opportunities other fighters get? Thing is, Dos Anjos dominated Nate last time and with 4 guys ranked ahead of him in a loaded lightweight division (although he has that 155 win over Cerrone), it's a tough call to say he deserves a title shot right now.

Hmm, I heard that *supposedly* Dana White said that Rousey will get the shot against Tate, which I think is totall crap  - I'd rather Holm get a rematch vs Tate or Holm face Rousey again while Tate goes up against the next contender in line.   How can you give Rousey a shot at the title right after she got destroyed by Holm?   I mean, Tate might want that fight as some kind of redemption for her 2 previous losses to Rousey.

Speaking of that loaded lightweight division, Dos Anjos is dominating right now -he has easily dispatched Ben Henderson, Nate, Pettis, and Cerrone.   I really think he would've dispatched McGregor without much of a problem as well.
California Golden BearsChicago BullsChicago Bears
Invariably this Wednesday when I go to Chic Fil A, the woman will ask if the money I left on the counter is mine, and I'll smile and say, "No its yours". - B.P. in Houston

Hedstrom

• -Nutter-
    • hedstrombacon
    • @hedstrombacon
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2016, 06:45:12 am »
Agreed. Dos Anjos would have easily beaten McGregor IMO....total ground domination.  Just seeing what Mendes did to Conor on the ground set up the perfect game plan. Would Dos Anjos have submitted him? Tough to say...my guess would have been a unanimous decision in the range of 49-46, sending McGregor back down to 145 with the "littler" people. Even if McGregor got a surprise win like the freaky Aldo bout, there's no way he would have lasted long in the stacked lightweight division which makes what Benson Henderson did during his title run all the more impressive to me.

wireman

• -Nutter-
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2016, 08:10:15 am »

Hmm, I heard that *supposedly* Dana White said that Rousey will get the shot against Tate, which I think is totall crap  - I'd rather Holm get a rematch vs Tate or Holm face Rousey again while Tate goes up against the next contender in line.   How can you give Rousey a shot at the title right after she got destroyed by Holm?   I mean, Tate might want that fight as some kind of redemption for her 2 previous losses to Rousey.

Speaking of that loaded lightweight division, Dos Anjos is dominating right now -he has easily dispatched Ben Henderson, Nate, Pettis, and Cerrone.   I really think he would've dispatched McGregor without much of a problem as well.

white and rousey both crapped their pants when holm tapped.

the best scenario for them is to have holm v rousey and the winner faces tate.  my guess is that rousey wasn't mentally all there yet which is why holm went on to fight tate instead of waiting for rousey.  I hope white doesn't give rousey a shot at the title right away she should face holm first...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 08:13:45 am by wireman »
North Carolina Tar HeelsOakland AthleticsSacramento KingsOakland RaidersCarolina Hurricanes
I may be drunk Miss but, in the morning I'll be sober & you'll still be ugly. W. Churchill

Rob in VB

• Masticater
  • -Nutter-
  • Zamboni Pilot
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2016, 08:14:57 am »
Seems that McGregor  should remain at 145.  I've seen his fights and thought he was a bit overrated.  And a Journeyman just choked him out.
Georgetown HoyasNew York MetsNew York KnicksDallas CowboysWashington Capitals

Hedstrom

• -Nutter-
    • hedstrombacon
    • @hedstrombacon
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2016, 08:55:06 am »
Props to Bagels for retweeting this Saturday night...errr early Sunday. :lol

Front Porch

• Rat bastard
  • -Security-
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2016, 09:06:07 am »
I am not sure this cost holm much. She now will get another fight with Tate and Rousey. You saying you wouldn't watch her and Rousey again?

Also I think she is set to face Tate again at some point. Holm was never going to be a big endorsement person as that just isn't her personality.

More so as she said she is a fighter and wants to fight.

Bagels

• Don Postwhoreleone
  • -Nutter-
  • How u durrrrin?
    • Mikeinthaville
    • @mikeybagels1
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2016, 11:38:56 am »
Props to Bagels for retweeting this Saturday night...errr early Sunday. :lol

Racks are Given on the left :koolaid
Auburn TigersAtlanta BravesMemphis GrizzliesTennessee TitansNashville Predators
Used to be we were all fvcking post whores.  Didn't matter what the topic was, we whored the fvck out of it.

Hedstrom

• -Nutter-
    • hedstrombacon
    • @hedstrombacon
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2016, 01:15:41 pm »
I am not sure this cost holm much. She now will get another fight with Tate and Rousey. You saying you wouldn't watch her and Rousey again?

Also I think she is set to face Tate again at some point. Holm was never going to be a big endorsement person as that just isn't her personality.

More so as she said she is a fighter and wants to fight.

She better get a ground game.

jeff in tucson

• puts the "semen" in amusement :koolaid
  • -Nutter-
    • sb1070supporter
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2016, 01:43:26 pm »
She better get a ground game.

An offensive ground game would be more accurate. Right now her ground game consists of avoiding chokes and punches while trying to escape to get back to her feet so she can use her standup. She has absolutely no clue how to maneuver to set up for an arm bar or kimora or rear naked, she might throw an elbow here and there but it's pretty clear she wants the fight to stay upstairs. Thats why she's good at stuffing takedowns. She needs to learn some BJJ pronto.
Arizona WildcatsArizona DiamondbacksPhoenix SunsDallas CowboysPhoenix Coyotes

Spaz

• Pimp
  • -Member-
  • Fresh KING of Bel-Air
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2016, 01:43:51 pm »
lol id nock this bitch out 1 pucnh
UCLA BruinsLos Angeles DodgersGolden State WarriorsNew England PatriotsSan Jose Sharks
Don't fuk with me or I'll kick ur ass boi