Author Topic: Ryan Shitzpatrick  (Read 836 times)

jeff in tucson

• puts the "semen" in amusement :koolaid
  • -Nutter-
    • sb1070supporter
Ryan Shitzpatrick
« on: March 15, 2016, 01:05:01 pm »
Seriously, wtf makes this dood think he's worth $15M a year? He's way too inconsistent to demand that kind of jack. I know on the surface his numbers look decent, but he'll throw for 450 and 4 td's one week and throw for 150 with 0 td's and 4 picks the next. Plus he's 33 and his arm strength isn't what it used to be. Oh and zero playoff wins. The Jets aren't making any secret of the fact they're heavily shopping for a qb, which tells me this asshat isn't going to take a pay cut. I just don't see where this guy's head is.
Arizona WildcatsArizona DiamondbacksPhoenix SunsDallas CowboysPhoenix Coyotes

Dog

• -Nutter-
  • The Anti-Nutter
Re: Ryan Shitzpatrick
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 01:22:56 pm »
It's his agent trying to get the most for his client.  Sure, dude probably isn't worth it.  But if he can land a contract like that for two or three years, he's leaving the game with a boat load of cash when he walks away.
Boise St. BroncosChicago CubsBoston CelticsMiami Dolphins

Learjet89

• -Nutter-
  • -Fact Checker-
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 01:27:58 pm »
And because of the recent contracts of Dalton, Tannehill and Bradford, that is unfortunately the going rate for a middle of the road but durable QB.  Odds are it'll be a team friendly deal that will allow them to save cap money if he reverts back to old form.
Xavier MusketeersCincinnati RedsCincinnati Bengals

Front Porch

• Rat bastard
  • -Security-
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 03:19:05 pm »
Plus he went to an ivy league school. They don't give away those degrees.

Snakeeyes

• Fair & Balanced.
  • -Nutter-
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 03:27:54 pm »
If Brock Osweiler is worth $18 mil a year, I can see Fitzy thinking he's worth $15 mil.
Colorado St. RamsColorado RockiesDenver NuggetsBuffalo BillsBuffalo Sabres
"I took all the same classes as you at a much bigger D1 school."  :lol

Norman in Norman

• RIP Mike in Sandy Eggo
  • -Nutter-
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2016, 05:25:27 pm »
And because of the recent contracts of Dalton, Tannehill and Bradford, that is unfortunately the going rate for a middle of the road but durable QB.  Odds are it'll be a team friendly deal that will allow them to save cap money if he reverts back to old form.
Bradford falling face first in another pile of money :lol
Oklahoma SoonersSt. Louis CardinalsOklahoma City ThunderHouston Texans
Mohrrior

Joe in EastVan

• If you read this, you're gay!
  • -Nutter-
  • Genesis 19:30-35
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2016, 05:59:51 pm »
Shitzpatrick, clever  ::)

Justin NoCal

• Dickpuss Penegor, PhD.
  • -Nutter-
  • leave the gun, take the cannolis
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2016, 09:39:44 pm »
Shitzpatrick, clever  ::)

How about I splitz your peter with a clever, boy?
California Golden BearsSan Francisco GiantsSacramento KingsWashington Redskins
Elevate, excavate, eliminate.

Joe in EastVan

• If you read this, you're gay!
  • -Nutter-
  • Genesis 19:30-35
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2016, 10:12:40 pm »
How about I splitz your peter with a clever, boy?

Jeff in MD

• the M.D. is in the house
  • -Nutter-
  • 2012 Stucknut NFL Pool Champion
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2016, 03:22:30 pm »
Seriously, wtf makes this dood think he's worth $15M a year? He's way too inconsistent to demand that kind of jack. I know on the surface his numbers look decent, but he'll throw for 450 and 4 td's one week and throw for 150 with 0 td's and 4 picks the next. Plus he's 33 and his arm strength isn't what it used to be. Oh and zero playoff wins. The Jets aren't making any secret of the fact they're heavily shopping for a qb, which tells me this asshat isn't going to take a pay cut. I just don't see where this guy's head is.

As average as Fitzpatrick is, given the state of QBs in the NFL right now he's probably in the top half of QBs in the league. There's a reason why Brock Osweiler, Sam Bradford, Mark Sanchez, Colin Kaepernick (who got benched for Blaine Gabbert) and RG3 have been the "hot" QB names in the offseason so far and have been talked about for starting jobs. Brandon Weeden, Ryan Mallett and Jimmy Clausen each started for 2 different teams last season. Most of the QBs in the league are either locked up long term or complete garbage, and Fitzpatrick at least is coming off of 2 really good seasons and he and his agent knows what the market is for QBs right now, especially with Osweiler getting the contract he got.
Maryland TerrapinsWashington NationalsWashington WizardsWashington RedskinsWashington Capitals