Author Topic: UFC 196  (Read 4721 times)

VicNocal

• NFL Pool Champ
  • -Member-
  • My brand > Your brand
    • vicnocal
Re: UFC 196
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2016, 02:58:01 pm »
Dana White has flat out said that Ronda will fight Tate now.

I know Dana is in a bit of a pickle, because Nunes probably hasn't done enough to warrant a big title shot (to be honest, I don't know much about her), but I still think the fights that make sense are Tate-Nunes  & Rousey-Holm, with the winners of each fight then facing each other.

How can you give Ronda a title shot immediately after she got destroyed by Holm, and then was so shaken up that she talked about being suicidal and asks for an entire year off in order to "recover".  And she gets to fight for the title immediately after that?  against a chick she's already beaten twice and who she matches up well against? 

If anyone deserves to fight Tate for the title, it's probably Holm.  She was doing pretty well against Tate, and only lost due to a last-minute choke hold. 
California Golden BearsChicago BullsChicago Bears
Invariably this Wednesday when I go to Chic Fil A, the woman will ask if the money I left on the counter is mine, and I'll smile and say, "No its yours". - B.P. in Houston

Dan in Toronto

• -Member-
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2016, 06:03:44 pm »
excuse-making McGregor-apologist bitch?

moron?

fvckng nerd?

:lol awesome

Nobody is denying that the Diaz brothers are tough. But yes, they're punks and bullies. What happens when a bully is stood up...he makes excuses. Any humility is too tall an order for them but if they mixed in just a little respect for their opponents or any kind of authority, they'd be swimmng in cash. Nick can't get his head out of his ass long enough to stop smoking grass and Nate emulates his big bro so he acts the fool just like him.

It's truely a shame because they're both solid boxers and ju jitsu practitioners but they're totally oblivious to what it takes to promote themselves. It's more than just dropping F-bombs and mugging for the cameras. They want respect and promotional pushes but they pull the street cred attitude and just wind up shooting themselves in the foot. Any push they do get is shit away just as fast by their own doing. Mark my words, Nate won't get any further in the lightweight division than his top 5 ranking.

With respect to McGregor...he fvcked up. I'm not making excuses. Plain and simple he fvcked up agreeing to fight Diaz at 170.

Now 170lb Champ Robbie Lawler is a big dude for a welterweight. If he decided for instance to fight say Light Heavyweight Glover Texiera at 195, who has the advantage? But then again I know absolutely nothing about mma.

Clearly you want to protect your Boy by slinging insults. Have at it. Makes it more interesting around here. Especially coming from a radio "legend" such as yourself.

Buffalo BillsOttawa Senators

JohnPaul

• -Member-
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2016, 08:47:20 pm »
Oh Danny Boy ...Does you have some bloody , blooting Irish Welches blood in you do you  :drink
 Your boy , Connor , kinda met up with a fist in his face and then he got kinda blue in the face and gave the Stockton Tap-Out  :drink

McGregor got the mush  :blush .....But hey ya mate , He can still "go kick alll Stockton's punkazz"  :lol

1. He zold tickets and legitimately sold the push .
 2. You brought in on the front row hype :police: referee2
 3.  I guess it's kool watching 145 lb. Midgets knocking other midgets da fvck out .
 4.   Why u hate da Diaz brothers .......they say too many fvck words :drink
mofo's help their hood and get starters going .....

VicNocal

• NFL Pool Champ
  • -Member-
  • My brand > Your brand
    • vicnocal
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2016, 01:08:31 am »
Now 170lb Champ Robbie Lawler is a big dude for a welterweight. If he decided for instance to fight say Light Heavyweight Glover Texiera at 195, who has the advantage? But then again I know absolutely nothing about mma.

And that's why you don't see Lawler booking that fight or talking shit about how he's going to clean up all the divisions.  Also, AGAIN, McGregor didn't go up from 145 all the way to 170 when he learned he was fighting Diaz.  He was already up at 155-lbs, he had been planning the move for a while and his fight with Dos Anjos at that weight had been scheduled for a while.  Once Nate Diaz entered the picture as his next opponent, a fight at 165-lbs was proposed, to which Conor foolishly said "let's just do 170, since I'm such a badass".  So enough of this narrative some people are pushing that poor wittle Conor was forced to go from 145 all the way to 170 to fight Nate the bully.   Conor was already at 155, and the fight would've been just 10lbs above that at 165.

Clearly you want to protect your Boy by slinging insults. Have at it. Makes it more interesting around here. Especially coming from a radio "legend" such as yourself.

"My boy" doesn't need me to protect him.  He's coming off a win where he beat up & choked Dana White's golden boy inside of 2 rounds.  Also, legend should be capitalized and without the quotation marks.

It's truely a shame because they're both solid boxers and ju jitsu practitioners but they're totally oblivious to what it takes to promote themselves. It's more than just dropping F-bombs and mugging for the cameras. They want respect and promotional pushes but they pull the street cred attitude and just wind up shooting themselves in the foot. Any push they do get is shit away just as fast by their own doing. Mark my words, Nate won't get any further in the lightweight division than his top 5 ranking.

I'd say the Diaz's style is what draws people to their fights.  If Nick was just a hardworking quiet guy who's tough and gives people difficult fights, he'd be Carlos Condit or something.
California Golden BearsChicago BullsChicago Bears
Invariably this Wednesday when I go to Chic Fil A, the woman will ask if the money I left on the counter is mine, and I'll smile and say, "No its yours". - B.P. in Houston

Joe in EastVan

• If you read this, you're gay!
  • -Nutter-
  • Genesis 19:30-35
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2016, 06:10:44 pm »
Did the guy with the cauliflower ear win ?

Dan in Toronto

• -Member-
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2016, 06:54:32 pm »
Vic disappointed. I was hoping for more name calling.  :-\
Buffalo BillsOttawa Senators