Author Topic: C'mon Canada...  (Read 1361 times)

Hedstrom

• -Nutter-
  • Born and Raised in South Detroit
    • hedstrombacon
    • @hedstrombacon
C'mon Canada...
« on: May 19, 2016, 10:43:52 am »
Represent dammit. July 1st should be an epic day in the Jungle.
Miami DolphinsCalgary Flames

VicNocal

• NFL Pool Champ
  • -Member-
  • My brand > Your brand
    • vicnocal
Re: C'mon Canada...
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 11:58:26 am »
Lafitte  :uhh
California Golden BearsChicago BullsChicago Bears
Invariably this Wednesday when I go to Chic Fil A, the woman will ask if the money I left on the counter is mine, and I'll smile and say, "No its yours". - B.P. in Houston

magic_uno

• -Member-
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 12:30:15 pm »
WAR Bernie in Vermont.
Illinois Fighting IlliniChicago White SoxChicago BullsChicago BearsChicago Blackhawks

Hedstrom

• -Nutter-
  • Born and Raised in South Detroit
    • hedstrombacon
    • @hedstrombacon
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 12:33:12 pm »
Lafitte  :uhh

I'm actually down with Lafitte. But he's more Paris than Montreal.

He definitely has potential....we can work on this.

WAR Bernie in Vermont.

Vermont maple syrup is pwn...good stuff.
Miami DolphinsCalgary Flames

Steve in HTown

• -Admin-
    • stucknut
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 12:43:01 pm »
I reached out to Jeff in Vancouver. 
Perhaps he'll be the chosen one.
Texas LonghornsHouston AstrosHouston RocketsCleveland Browns

VicNocal

• NFL Pool Champ
  • -Member-
  • My brand > Your brand
    • vicnocal
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 12:57:55 pm »
Why? You really want him taking up space in the Smackoff?
California Golden BearsChicago BullsChicago Bears
Invariably this Wednesday when I go to Chic Fil A, the woman will ask if the money I left on the counter is mine, and I'll smile and say, "No its yours". - B.P. in Houston

spookyben

• Round & Round
  • -Member-
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2016, 01:00:09 pm »
Lafitte in NoCal and Alpha Duck were both fresh.

As to America's Hat, if you're going to put up the bat signal over Vancouver, make it for Lee and his wife-smack.
Fire up the ferris wheel!

Joe in EastVan

• If you read this, you're gay!
  • -Nutter-
  • Genesis 19:30-35
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2016, 06:15:17 pm »
I'm thinking bout it. Gonna rep Vancouver.

Got my list of topics Im gonna hit such as Kirstie Alley, Val Kilmer, Global Warming...

Kenyon

• -Member-
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2016, 07:20:51 pm »
Canadian callers have always sucked on the Rome show. I would like to say it's because they are too busy with their lives. Then I see drunk lumberjacks log-dancing on ESPN.

I'd like to say it's because they're too smart to get involved, but then I see them on TV tossing axes into the air like Arabs trying to celebrate a wedding without AK-47s.

I'd like to think it's because all the awesome Canadian callers are busy calling some Canadian version of the Jungle and letting the lames have the Jim Rome Show. But if Canada had their own awesome version of the Jungle, then they would also have their own awesome version of the NHL, and they don't. Their teams don't even make the playoffs.

Maybe Canada really...sucks. I will say their National Anthem is beautiful, and D. Wade is not disrespectful. I'm afraid he's just stupid as a dirt road and his NBA money won't even stretch as far as one.

UCLA BruinsLos Angeles DodgersLos Angeles LakersArizona CardinalsLos Angeles Kings
An optimist can never be pleasantly surprised

Joe in EastVan

• If you read this, you're gay!
  • -Nutter-
  • Genesis 19:30-35
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2016, 07:25:08 pm »
Canadian callers have always sucked on the Rome show. I would like to say it's because they are too busy with their lives. Then I see drunk lumberjacks log-dancing on ESPN.

I'd like to say it's because they're too smart to get involved, but then I see them on TV tossing axes into the air like Arabs trying to celebrate a wedding without AK-47s.

I'd like to think it's because all the awesome Canadian callers are busy calling some Canadian version of the Jungle and letting the lames have the Jim Rome Show. But if Canada had their own awesome version of the Jungle, then they would also have their own awesome version of the NHL, and they don't. Their teams don't even make the playoffs.

Maybe Canada really...sucks. I will say their National Anthem is beautiful, and D. Wade is not disrespectful. I'm afraid he's just stupid as a dirt road and his NBA money won't even stretch as far as one.

Yeah, cause the american callers are so awesome  :lol

what a fvck up

Dan in Toronto

• -Member-
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2016, 07:44:46 pm »

Are you going for a reaction or are you just an idiot? Fact is, the NHL was started in Canada, by Canadians. Yes the league office is in New York but even though only 7 of the 30 teams are based in Canada, over half the players are Canadian. So how the U.S. claims NHL ownership is beyond me.

As far as Canadian callers go, excluding border towns, Canada has less than a dozen Jungle affiliates so I'm guessing there are just a few more Americans listening and calling. Just a few.
Buffalo BillsOttawa Senators

Kenyon

• -Member-
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2016, 07:44:58 pm »
I know, point taken. However there are entertaining American callers and zero entertaining Canadian
callers.
UCLA BruinsLos Angeles DodgersLos Angeles LakersArizona CardinalsLos Angeles Kings

Dan in Toronto

• -Member-
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2016, 07:46:40 pm »
Jeff in Vancouver is/was an entertaining caller.

Kenyon

• -Member-
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2016, 07:48:43 pm »
Never heard of him. Which is NOT an insult! Debating over callers to a radio show
would be debasing the human spirit.

Dan in Toronto

• -Member-
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2016, 07:50:45 pm »
Don't backpedal now. You're the one taking shots at Canadians. Perhaps you're freebasing your human spirit.