Author Topic: Willie in KC  (Read 920 times)

BrowningNRA2

Willie in KC
« on: June 09, 2016, 05:22:25 pm »
Clones,

I have spent literally the last 90 minutes searching the archives, and searching the web trying to find the call that got Willie banned.  I ran into a lot of his good calls, and damn were they good, but for whatever reason cannot seem to find it.  Does this call exist?  I read multiple threats from 2005, 2007, 2009 that talked about it, but want to hear it for myself. 

Anyone? 

« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 05:29:18 pm by BrowningNRA2 »

Kenyon

• -Member-
Re: Willie in KC
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 07:15:58 pm »
I looked on youtube. Can't find it. All I could tell is that
he said something anti-semantic..

Hell, Rome runs people for mimicking dialects because he thinks it's racist.

Half of Jim's takes in the early part of his career would have gotten him
banned from his own show these days, so I lose patience with his preachy
attitude.
UCLA BruinsLos Angeles DodgersLos Angeles LakersArizona CardinalsLos Angeles Kings
An optimist can never be pleasantly surprised

Steve in HTown

• -Admin-
    • stucknut
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 07:32:09 am »
We don't have the actual call.
I haven't seen it anywhere else online either.
Probably better that it's swept under the rug.
Texas LonghornsHouston AstrosHouston RocketsCleveland Browns

THEmikeinindy

• -Member-
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 10:31:27 am »
Enjoyed Willie just moving on like he was completely reinstated in that last call lol.  I don't think he was trying to be funny or intentionally being an asshole, I think he just thought moving on past it was the best move. After Rome saying he wanted more contrition. After prior call lol. I would tell Rome the "contrition" part was coming up at the end but you prob need to front load that lol.

I'm rooting for Willie in KC and would like to see him reinstated, but it wasn't the right time for the "pretend it never happened" method lol.

Norman in Norman

• RIP Mike in Sandy Eggo
  • -Nutter-
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 03:08:54 pm »
Enjoyed Willie just moving on like he was completely reinstated in that last call lol.  I don't think he was trying to be funny or intentionally being an asshole, I think he just thought moving on past it was the best move. After Rome saying he wanted more contrition. After prior call lol. I would tell Rome the "contrition" part was coming up at the end but you prob need to front load that lol.

I'm rooting for Willie in KC and would like to see him reinstated, but it wasn't the right time for the "pretend it never happened" method lol.
Not sure I understand why rome is taking his calls if he isn't reinstated? :uhh
Oklahoma SoonersSt. Louis CardinalsOklahoma City ThunderHouston Texans
Mohrrior

THEmikeinindy

• -Member-
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2016, 06:17:29 pm »
Not sure I understand why rome is taking his calls if he isn't reinstated? :uhh

Rome said he saw some contrition in the first call but you're not back. That would tell me he needs to see a little more contrition/respect and Willie just rolls in like he's back lol. Like I said, I'd like to see him back as something a little different but that wasn't the move lol.

Norman in Norman

• RIP Mike in Sandy Eggo
  • -Nutter-
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2016, 10:00:14 pm »
 :lol If rome puts his calls on air................................ :popcorn
Oklahoma SoonersSt. Louis CardinalsOklahoma City ThunderHouston Texans
Mohrrior

VicNocal

• NFL Pool Champ
  • -Member-
  • My brand > Your brand
    • vicnocal
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2016, 01:35:01 pm »
It reminds me of when that clown Victor Ortiz did a ridiculous & dirty hopping headbutt on Floyd Mayweather, then he apologized and hugged Floyd, the ref separated them and docked Ortiz a point, then when time was back in Ortiz goes back and hugs Floyd again, and kisses him, shakes his hand....Floyd is like, What the fvck man? Enough of this huggy kissy shit, are we fighting or what?  Pop-Pop, two shots and Ortiz was KTFO'd, and Floyd rightly says "Protect yourself at all times"
California Golden BearsChicago BullsChicago Bears
Invariably this Wednesday when I go to Chic Fil A, the woman will ask if the money I left on the counter is mine, and I'll smile and say, "No its yours". - B.P. in Houston

Club America

• I'm Misery Company
  • -Tards-
  • Things get damaged, things get broken.
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2016, 04:01:58 pm »
Rome fvcking sucks.
Arkansas RazorbacksLos Angeles DodgersDenver BroncosColorado Avalanche
fvck off

Kenyon

• -Member-
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2016, 07:18:14 pm »
Do you still listen to the show?
UCLA BruinsLos Angeles DodgersLos Angeles LakersArizona CardinalsLos Angeles Kings
An optimist can never be pleasantly surprised

Club America

• I'm Misery Company
  • -Tards-
  • Things get damaged, things get broken.
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2016, 10:36:00 am »
Negative.

I listen to Hedstrom on teh stucknuts radio :koolaid

Arkansas RazorbacksLos Angeles DodgersDenver BroncosColorado Avalanche
fvck off

toptenguy

• -Member-
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2016, 09:04:28 am »
It reminds me of when that clown Victor Ortiz did a ridiculous & dirty hopping headbutt on Floyd Mayweather, then he apologized and hugged Floyd, the ref separated them and docked Ortiz a point, then when time was back in Ortiz goes back and hugs Floyd again, and kisses him, shakes his hand....Floyd is like, What the fvck man? Enough of this huggy kissy shit, are we fighting or what?  Pop-Pop, two shots and Ortiz was KTFO'd, and Floyd rightly says "Protect yourself at all times"

I just rewatched this.  It was incredible, but 10 minutes later, "I wish I was 50 years younger and I would kick your @$$".   AWESOME.

time to die

• -Member-
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2016, 09:38:13 am »
I just rewatched this.  It was incredible, but 10 minutes later, "I wish I was 50 years younger and I would kick your @$$".   AWESOME.

Grandpa Merchant went legend that night lol.  That look Merchant gives the camera before telling Floyd off was priceless.

I agree with Steve, i think it's best for everyone The Call isn't online, it seems like Willie is already doomed to phone an apology every call haha.  Man, Rome really has it in for Willie.