Author Topic: Fantasy Football Draft Guy  (Read 370 times)

TheHatefulNate

Fantasy Football Draft Guy
« on: August 24, 2016, 03:03:00 PM »
Hey y'all. So with that magical season fast approaching I always think of Romes famous take on Fantasy Draft Guy.
Not sure if he will reset it this year, but I'm lookin for a condensed, organized text of all his awesome fantasy takes over the years, something I could print out. You know The Jerk and the Stat Geek and my fav WING IT GUY ! I'm making "custom" draft kits for the losers in my league this year, and I thought that would be a funny thing to include. So lemme know if anyone has seen something like that.

Thanks

PS - JD says Shamon

Sponsored Link
Guests: Sign up to hide banners

VicNocal

• NFL Pool Champ
  • -Member-
  • My brand > Your brand
    • vicnocal
Re: Fantasy Football Draft Guy
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 08:08:05 PM »
You should ask Kyle Brandt, he's the guy who wrote that take.
California Golden BearsChicago BullsChicago Bears
Invariably this Wednesday when I go to Chic Fil A, the woman will ask if the money I left on the counter is mine, and I'll smile and say, "No its yours". - B.P. in Houston

toptenguy

• -Member-
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 06:10:08 AM »
Hey y'all. So with that magical season fast approaching I always think of Romes famous take on Fantasy Draft Guy.

My favorite part is the hypocrisy of him saying "Nobody cares about your fantasy team except you",  then follows it up in the next segment with 10 minutes of talk about his horses.

xmason99

• Two-Tone
  • -Member-
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 12:37:50 PM »
You should ask Kyle Brandt, he's the guy who wrote that take all the takes.

Fixed it for you, Vic.
Wisconsin BadgersMilwaukee BrewersGreen Bay Packers

time to die

• -Member-
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 12:39:20 PM »
My favorite part is the hypocrisy of him saying "Nobody cares about your fantasy team except you",  then follows it up in the next segment with 10 minutes of talk about his horses.

I guess you aren't observing Shared Belief day like the rest of us clones are doing this most holiest of days.

On another note I'm getting really worried about the direction of the show, yesterday Rome actually spent time on Sheed's SoGoneChallenge freestyle and the day before that James Harden's atrocious sneakers.  I'm all for the internet meme smack but I miss the takes/burns. 

toptenguy

• -Member-
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2016, 04:19:08 PM »
On the topic of Rome and Football...

Here we are, 1 day removed from week 1 of the NFL... And Rome decides to do an "On location" show that is filled up with 100 interviews?    Cause there just wasn't enough to talk about on a regular show?  (And if it's about being in the town of the Rams' 1st game back in Los Angeles, I don't think the rest of the country cares that much, and would have preferred a regular show format).

Bill_in_Phoenix

• -Member-
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2016, 06:04:20 AM »
Los Angeles won't care for very long, judging by the performance v. the 49ers.  But Rome will continue to insist it's a big deal, because they only need 80k to show up and sell out the stadium.  Out of 15 million people, that's a participation rate of .5%.
St. Louis CardinalsPhoenix SunsSt Louis Blues