Author Topic: R.O.T.R.  (Read 811 times)

wireman

• -Nutter-
R.O.T.R.
« on: September 03, 2016, 08:52:52 am »
Muh Raiders are a sleeper pick to make the playoffs this year and with good reason.  They made Oakland a free agent destination (w/out breaking the bank) by getting:

Keleche Osemele -O-lineman
Reggie Nelson - Safety
Bruce Irvin - LB
Sean Smith - Corneback

Adding Nelson (an NFL high 8 interceptions)/Irvin/Smith to an already pretty good defense that includes Khalil Mack (2nd in sacks w/15) & David Amerson; now makes it a very strong & dangerous defense. 

The offensive line was a priority not necessarily because Carr was sacked a lot (33); it was to open lanes for the running game.  Latavius Murray ran for 1,096 yards but, that number could've been higher. 

In years past if the Raiders weren't offering big money then it wasn't happening and even then f.a.'s didn't necessarily come but, a change has come (finally!).

Bold Prediction: Raiders make the playoffs by taking the AFC West @ 11-5

« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 09:06:41 am by wireman »
North Carolina Tar HeelsOakland AthleticsSacramento KingsOakland RaidersCarolina Hurricanes
I may be drunk Miss but, in the morning I'll be sober & you'll still be ugly. W. Churchill

Beavis in KC

• -Nutter-
  • What the fvck are you looking at?
Re: R.O.T.R.
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 08:58:58 am »
 :lol
Kansas St. WildcatsKansas City RoyalsGolden State WarriorsKansas City ChiefsDetroit Red Wings
2016 Stucknut Member of the Year

Justin NoCal

• Dickpuss Penegor, PhD.
  • -Nutter-
  • leave the gun, take the cannolis
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2016, 08:35:08 pm »
California Golden BearsSan Francisco GiantsSacramento KingsWashington Redskins
Elevate, excavate, eliminate.

Snakeeyes

• Fair & Balanced.
  • -Nutter-
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2016, 08:47:08 pm »
Well, in their defense it would be shocking if Denver or San Diego made a play for the division title - so they have a decent shot.
Colorado St. RamsColorado RockiesDenver NuggetsBuffalo BillsBuffalo Sabres
"I took all the same classes as you at a much bigger D1 school."  :lol

Club America

• I'm Misery Company
  • -Tards-
  • Things get damaged, things get broken.
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2016, 09:36:26 pm »

fvckin Bills fan SaladTosser
Arkansas RazorbacksLos Angeles DodgersDenver BroncosColorado Avalanche
fvck off

Snakeeyes

• Fair & Balanced.
  • -Nutter-
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2016, 09:56:27 pm »

fvckin Bills fan SaladTosser

You're going to lose to the Raiders this year, fag.  Lube your tailpipe!! 
Colorado St. RamsColorado RockiesDenver NuggetsBuffalo BillsBuffalo Sabres
"I took all the same classes as you at a much bigger D1 school."  :lol

Turd Ferguson

• PITNCC Martyr
  • -Nutter-
  • The chat is always better when I am around
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2016, 10:10:13 pm »
:lol more like wirefvckingmorin
Turd - I have never really bought into the genius that is Turd.  I know he is well loved and considered a great poster.  His brand of humor just doesn't do it for me.

Club America

• I'm Misery Company
  • -Tards-
  • Things get damaged, things get broken.
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2016, 10:17:04 pm »
No ragrets :drink
Arkansas RazorbacksLos Angeles DodgersDenver BroncosColorado Avalanche
fvck off

wireman

• -Nutter-
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2016, 08:16:32 am »
Well, in their defense it would be shocking if Denver or San Diego made a play for the division title - so they have a decent shot.
the Chefs are going to be a tough out.  Donks have to find out about the qb and the Bolts' defense is going to struggle....
North Carolina Tar HeelsOakland AthleticsSacramento KingsOakland RaidersCarolina Hurricanes
I may be drunk Miss but, in the morning I'll be sober & you'll still be ugly. W. Churchill

wireman

• -Nutter-
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2016, 08:17:19 am »
:lol more like wirefvckingmorin
did a 3rd grader help you think of that all by yourself

Norman in Norman

• RIP Mike in Sandy Eggo
  • -Nutter-
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2016, 05:49:59 pm »
did a 3rd grader help you think of that all by yourself
:uhh
Oklahoma SoonersSt. Louis CardinalsOklahoma City ThunderHouston Texans
Mohrrior

wireman

• -Nutter-
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2016, 08:42:38 am »
A quarter of the season gone

4 games in & sitting @ 3-1  :koolaid

3-0 on the road; hot damn!

Defense was torched by Brees & Matty Ice in the first two games but, they've seemed to right the ship.  DJ Hayden is actually playing some very good defense and is a much better tackler this year.  David Amerson is rated the #1 cb (PFF) so, far this season.  Although he got his first sack yesterday; still waiting on Mr. Mack to unleash hell on the qbs. 

Offense is doing just enough.....
Carr is taking what the defense is giving him and he's not forcing throws (not many) into coverage.  He's thrown 1 interception and has led them to 2 comeback wins so far this season.
They've not settled on a featured rb yet as Murray/Washington/Richard have all split the load thus far.  This could help w/having fresh legs down the road.
All Hail King Crab!
The o-line is keeping Carr upright; he's only been sacked 2x.

Next 4:

Bolts (H)
Chefs (H)
Jags (A)
Bucs (A)

3-1?

Bolts can score but, can't play defense; could be a shootout (Raiders D is a little better?)  Rivers must be stopped.

Chefs will be a tough out.  Jamal Charles will be back (3rd game) and he typically eats the Raiders up.

Jags won vs the Colts and it could be a momentum turn.  Their wr's Hurns/Robinson are some bad dudes.

Losing to the Bucs could be that 1.  Winston is streaky but, when he's hot....

"Sources"  :uhh tell me that when they fly out to J'ville they aren't even go back to Oaktown; opting rather to stay in Florida for 2 weeks (thanks schedule makers; dickheads).

HannahBear5280

• -Member-
  • I'm a beautiful little conundrum
    • @HannahBear5280
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2016, 01:06:24 pm »

4-0 bitch boy.

Our QB's are just fine.

Defense is badass as always. 

Raiders defense is a joke, Sparklers suck and the Dirt People are overrated as usual.

this is Denvers division aint nobody takin' it from us.   :bananbang
Notre Dame Fighting IrishSt. Louis CardinalsLos Angeles LakersDenver BroncosColorado Avalanche
I am the Hannah Bear. 🐻  MTSU Grad. Class of 2013.  Go Blue Raiders!!! Hey Sparty!  YOU EFFING LIKE THAT!  90-81

wireman

• -Nutter-
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2017, 08:37:23 am »
Well; its over.

Muh Raiders couldn't overcome injuries and fall in their for playoff game in in 14 years to the Texans 27-14.

Such a crushing blow after having a better season than I even thought they'd have but, they'll be back.

Looking ahead they will play 8 playoff teams:

AFC East (Pats, 'Phins)
NFC East ('Boys & Giants)
Chiefs 2x
Steelers
Texans

Damn  :lol

Key offseason moves include:

Re-signing Latavius Murray (RB)

Drafting or getting in FA 1 or 2 linebackers.  Tight Ends have been killing the Raiders since last season and finding an athletic LB would possibly do wonders.

A possible change @ DC?  Ken Norton is the incumbent and the defense played better down the stretch but, my sources  (:uhh) tell me that Wade Phillips may want to jump ship from Denver....stay tuned

Beavis in KC

• -Nutter-
  • What the fvck are you looking at?
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2017, 08:40:55 am »
If Phillips goes anywhere it will be to Washington according to my sources.
Kansas St. WildcatsKansas City RoyalsGolden State WarriorsKansas City ChiefsDetroit Red Wings
2016 Stucknut Member of the Year