Poll

What will result of Conor vs Floyd be?

Floyd by KO
6 (46.2%)
Conor by KO
3 (23.1%)
Floyd by easy decision  (117-111 or easier)
3 (23.1%)
Floyd by close decision  (116-112 or closer)
1 (7.7%)
Floyd by stoppage -accumulated damage
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Conor McGregor vs Floyd Mayweather 08/26/2017  (Read 473 times)

VicNocal

• NFL Pool Champ
  • -Member-
  • My brand > Your brand
    • vicnocal
Conor McGregor vs Floyd Mayweather 08/26/2017
« on: June 14, 2017, 11:06:42 pm »
Conor McGregor has to be the greatest salesman this world has ever seen.  When he's done fighting he should teach salesmanship at Harvard Business School or some shit, at like $500 a class per each student.

Dude has managed to parlay a few UFC wins in the last 3 years or so into a gigantic payday in a BOXING MATCH vs Floyd Mayweather.   Damn, never underestimate the value of the gift of gab  (to his credit, he also has a fan-friendly fighting style that has produced many KOs, it's not just all due to his mouth like it is with Chael Sonnen)

California Golden BearsChicago BullsChicago Bears
Invariably this Wednesday when I go to Chic Fil A, the woman will ask if the money I left on the counter is mine, and I'll smile and say, "No its yours". - B.P. in Houston

Dog

• -Nutter-
  • The Anti-Nutter
Re: Conor McGregor vs Floyd Mayweather 08/26/2017
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 11:57:54 pm »
I would be more interested in this fight is it were an MMA fight.  Conor shouldn't even be in the ring with Floyd.   
Boise St. BroncosChicago CubsBoston CelticsMiami Dolphins

VicNocal

• NFL Pool Champ
  • -Member-
  • My brand > Your brand
    • vicnocal
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 01:03:21 am »
You're probably right, except Floyd is too much of a raging egomaniac to put himself up to that kind of challenge and risk.  And in his defense, he wouldn't have any kind of financial incentive to do it either  -it's not like they could offer him $100 million for a boxing fight but $200 million if it were a UFC fight.
In the past we've seen James Toney get into the octagon vs Randy Couture, and it was a joke fight, but James Toney wasn't the right guy to send in there either  -the fat bastard didn't really even give a fvck about training hard.

I'd like to see someone like an Andre Ward step up to that challenge  -he could spend like 6 months training nothing but takedown defense every day, just enough to where he might have a chance to keep the fight on the feet where he would have a massive advantage with his hands. 

California Golden BearsChicago BullsChicago Bears
Invariably this Wednesday when I go to Chic Fil A, the woman will ask if the money I left on the counter is mine, and I'll smile and say, "No its yours". - B.P. in Houston

Russ_n_da_951

• -Member-
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 09:51:43 am »
MAYWEATHER IS GOING TO GET #KTFO  Bottom line is he's twice the age of connor and he's not known for knocking fighters out. Last fight i saw him in he didn't do shit but run around the ring and throw a few punches and he won??? Cmon man!!!! Its going to be epic either way is what im saying. #GOIRISH
dimebag.jpg

Steve in HTown

• -Admin-
    • stucknut
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017, 10:03:41 am »
its $99 for HD or $89 for standard.

i really thought about the $89 because thats a really good deal
then i remembered ill just stream it for free on kodi.
Texas LonghornsDetroit TigersHouston RocketsHouston Texans

Norman in Norman

• RIP Mike in Sandy Eggo
  • -Nutter-
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2017, 10:42:52 am »
MAYWEATHER IS GOING TO GET #KTFO  Bottom line is he's twice the age of connor and he's not known for knocking fighters out. Last fight i saw him in he didn't do shit but run around the ring and throw a few punches and he won??? Cmon man!!!! Its going to be epic either way is what im saying. #GOIRISH
Do not drink and poat, can be the only reason for such a ridiculous statement.
Oklahoma SoonersSt. Louis CardinalsOklahoma City ThunderHouston Texans
Mohrrior

TheArtist

• -Member-
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2017, 11:15:58 am »
Not paying a dime for that shit.  Conner is a mediocre boxer.  Floyd is the best defensive boxer of this era.  Conner won't land anything.  Floyd will wear him out to exhaustion, then start punching.

Stab

• Morally Flexible
  • -Nutter-
  • Flat Sun Denier
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2017, 11:18:15 am »
Its not even a real fight. It's a quarter fight.

Conor will knock out Floyd in the first or second round, then he'll go a beat the shit out of his daddy.

Mark my words. I'm putting some real nutcoins on this one.
Wisconsin BadgersMilwaukee BrewersMilwaukee BucksGreen Bay Packers
All-Time Leading Champion of All-Time #1 Nutcoin Champion in teh USA of American

Hedstrom

• -Nutter-
  • Born and Raised in South Detroit
    • hedstrombacon
    • @hedstrombacon
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2017, 11:23:45 am »
I'd like to see someone like an Andre Ward step up to that challenge  -he could spend like 6 months training nothing but takedown defense every day, just enough to where he might have a chance to keep the fight on the feet where he would have a massive advantage with his hands.

Don't forget training how to check kicks as well. The boxer's stance is prime territory for getting the crap beat out of that lead leg and can easily lead to a TKO victory for an mma fighter over a boxer. Also, standup clinching and "dirty boxing" can come into play. Boxers are used to the ref breaking up the clinch.

That said, I'm not going to get into boxing vs mma arguments as to which is better, more exciting, more technical....blah, blah, blah. Bottom line...boxing is a specialized form of combat. So is wrestling. So is fencing FFS.

Obviously the top mma fighters could whip any boxer any time when multiple disciplines and techniques are permitted...or in a straight up street fight.  Boxers can only get over on mma fighters with the limiting rules that boxing employs or getting in a sucker punch.

I think Floyd wins an easy decision. He avoided being hit his entire career...that's his thing. Why would he do it any different against Conor? He's basically got Conor fighting with 25% of his usual tools....quarter fight like Stab said.

Lucky punch? As much as I'd like to see McGregor knock the taste out of Floyd's mouth...I don't see it happening. But you never know. I have a few recipes for crow should I need them.
Miami DolphinsCalgary Flames

Norman in Norman

• RIP Mike in Sandy Eggo
  • -Nutter-
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2017, 11:27:51 am »

Conor will knock out Floyd in the first or second round, then he'll go a beat the shit out of his daddy.

:lol WOW you need to take advice from rome. SYM. I will take some of that action.
Mohrrior

Steve in HTown

• -Admin-
    • stucknut
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2017, 12:25:02 pm »

the bookie thanks you
Texas LonghornsDetroit TigersHouston RocketsHouston Texans

Norman in Norman

• RIP Mike in Sandy Eggo
  • -Nutter-
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2017, 01:10:05 pm »
the bookie thanks you
This needs to happen, candy from a baby.
Mohrrior

Bill_in_Phoenix

• -Member-
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2017, 02:12:01 am »
Damn, the way Conor (or is it Conner) was fagging up the place during the weigh-in, he was sprouting a woody when the stood in front of the wife beater.  Makes me ashamed to be of Irish lineage,

Loser in this dog and pony show:  every douchebag who ponies up the coin to watch this stupid thing.
St. Louis CardinalsPhoenix SunsSt Louis Blues

Hedstrom

• -Nutter-
  • Born and Raised in South Detroit
    • hedstrombacon
    • @hedstrombacon
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2017, 04:10:22 am »
Loser in this dog and pony show:  every douchebag who ponies up the coin to watch this stupid thing.

:beer
Miami DolphinsCalgary Flames

Ralph In Orlando

• Official Stucknut Rasslin Belt Manager
  • -Nutter-
  • Its Real To Me
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2017, 06:39:01 am »
Conor gets DQed 10 seconds in after he kicks off Floyds dome. Thats what I would do, fvck that guy and his legacy.
Duke Blue DevilsNew York MetsNew York KnicksNew York GiantsNew York Rangers