Author Topic: Old school Jungle Query on Willie in KC  (Read 624 times)

poseidon

Old school Jungle Query on Willie in KC
« on: August 05, 2017, 04:42:31 pm »
Does any one know what caused Willie in KC to be sentenced to his lifetime ban?

I'm not trying to drum up flammable content, I just genuinely want to know, as he is part of Jungle lore. From sleuthing around on youtube, I read it had something to do with a disparaging comment against Jews. Any one have more info?

PS -- Did he not call in during the 12 months at least once looking to xR4Ti crew for possible parole .... but then he was seemingly not heard from again? Did he just retire to solitary confinement or get turned down?

Steve in HTown

• -Admin-
    • stucknut
Re: Old school Jungle Query on Willie in KC
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 05:20:13 pm »
all thats pretty much true.  we don't have the call that got him banned, but i wouldn't
post it anyways.  he did try to get reinstated last year but romey figured it was only
for the 5k price.  willy hasn't tried since.
Texas LonghornsDetroit TigersHouston RocketsHouston Texans

jeff in tucson

• puts the "semen" in amusement :koolaid
  • -Nutter-
    • sb1070supporter
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 10:38:40 pm »
He made a very stupid, not to mention bigoted, comparison with some weak sports take he had to Jews putting yarmulkas on bowling pins. He was in the midst of trying to explain it when Roam ran him and instantly banned him.
Arizona WildcatsArizona DiamondbacksPhoenix SunsDallas CowboysPhoenix Coyotes

VicNocal

• NFL Pool Champ
  • -Member-
  • My brand > Your brand
    • vicnocal
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 08:23:23 pm »
It wasn't bigoted you fvcking pussies.
California Golden BearsChicago BullsChicago Bears
Invariably this Wednesday when I go to Chic Fil A, the woman will ask if the money I left on the counter is mine, and I'll smile and say, "No its yours". - B.P. in Houston

poseidon

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2017, 12:43:44 pm »
He made a very stupid, not to mention bigoted, comparison with some weak sports take he had to Jews putting yarmulkas on bowling pins. He was in the midst of trying to explain it when Roam ran him and instantly banned him.

That sounds like such a train wreck I wish I could have heard it. Just listening to Rome chew him after woulda been great.

Bill_in_Phoenix

• -Member-
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2017, 01:58:30 pm »
Willie was overrated.  He made a splash, and was gone.  Melted his wings flying too close to the sun, whatever metaphor you wish to use.

I think Jim Lame once recalled meeting Willie at a Tour stop, and said he was the sad, which, pasty guy wearing dark socks with shorts and trying to pretend they were homies.I think Scarence in Sierra Madre once did a parody of Willie doing a parody of Iafrate.  Long time ago...15+ years back.

He also didn't help his cause with the "Casper the friendly Ghost" gloss of the Cablinasian.

It wasn't bigoted you fvcking pussies.
Hey Vic in NoPal: do you still measure your self worth by how many Twatter followers you have?  Do you still wait in line for an hour on some sports call-in show so you can pretend to be this disaffected dilettante, all the while your mother is screaming down into the basement, telling you to get off the phone, come upstairs and take your Ritalin?
St. Louis CardinalsPhoenix SunsSt Louis Blues

VicNocal

• NFL Pool Champ
  • -Member-
  • My brand > Your brand
    • vicnocal
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2017, 02:50:24 pm »
That sounds like such a train wreck I wish I could have heard it. Just listening to Rome chew him after woulda been great.

He said something along the lines of "You stand a better chance of getting someone to give you a dollar at the B'nai B'rith Bowling League, Jews are cheap" type of jokes.  No big deal.
Invariably this Wednesday when I go to Chic Fil A, the woman will ask if the money I left on the counter is mine, and I'll smile and say, "No its yours". - B.P. in Houston

frankinhouston

• -Member-
    • @harryhooper8
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2017, 07:36:49 pm »

He said something along the lines of "You stand a better chance of getting someone to give you a dollar at the B'nai B'rith Bowling League, Jews are cheap" type of jokes.  No big deal.

lmao, vic from where did you pull this? /s/ jime loam

f
Texas A&M AggiesHouston AstrosHouston RocketsHouston Texans

Russ from Sactown

• -I Post Here With Other-
  • -Tards-
  • Rack the Trolls™
    • yeahright
    • suckme
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2017, 03:39:08 pm »

Rome is jewish, so that's like punching Rome in the nuts.  :lol

http://scjewishsportshof.com/rome.html
Idaho VandalsMiami MarlinsToronto RaptorsSan Diego ChargersVancouver Canucks

HannahBear5280

• -Member-
  • I'm a beautiful little conundrum
    • @HannahBear5280
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2017, 05:51:04 pm »

It was a big deal to Jim, he's Jewish (as is the name Rome).

Notre Dame Fighting IrishSt. Louis CardinalsLos Angeles LakersDenver BroncosColorado Avalanche
I am the Hannah Bear. 🐻  MTSU Grad. Class of 2013.  Go Blue Raiders!!! Hey Sparty!  YOU EFFING LIKE THAT!  90-81

spookyben

• Round & Round
  • -Member-
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2017, 09:23:55 pm »

That's what I remember too, something about a Jewish bowling league. I don't remember the bowling pin yarmulka blast.

His Cablanasian the friendly ghost/KC/Lewis & Clark/giddyup Elway call was better than 99% of the weak sauce that passes for smack these days. Rome hated it so much he replayed it only about 200 times before the ban call.

Fire up the ferris wheel!

VicNocal

• NFL Pool Champ
  • -Member-
  • My brand > Your brand
    • vicnocal
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2017, 01:55:24 pm »
I found this right now from googling "Willie in KC B'nai B'rith", some archived posts from I don't know what forum, who knows who this Mike Richey is.

"Toshiyuki \"Champagne Boy/El Cachorro\" Miura with Pretty Interpreter" <spam...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<m82r00lc3v1p7cr6gr36rh8vks4vnek87p@4ax.com>...
> Also who has lifetime bans?
> I heard Willy from KC does? but why?
Don said regarding Michael Jackson that he couldn't believe he pulled
out of a kid long enough to make an album.

Willie in KC has a lifetime ban for his take about how he's going to
join the B'nai B'rith bowling league and kick Leibowitz and
Bitterman's ass, because they wouldn't give up their law degree or
their seven-generation business in the garment industry to fight back.

I've read that JT the Brick is "presumed banned" from the jungle for
not giving Jim Rome any respect after parlaying his Smackoff win into
a talk show of his own.  He obviously wouldn't call anyway, but every
smackoff Jim says that JT is welcome to.  BTW, Has anyone ever
listened to JT's show?  What a piece of crap.

Mike Richey

PopsGeez

• best poster on stucknut
  • -Member-
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2017, 05:57:57 pm »
RIP William

Jacob in So-Cal

• -Member-
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2017, 01:03:29 am »
Over the years there have been countless jokes referencing people's ethnicity/sex/religion/etc. in the Jungle, and none of the callers/emailers/etc. got banned. I always thought it was hypocritical of Rome to ban Willie just because his particular background was referenced. Reminds me of how Isaac Hayes was upset when South Park did a Scientology episode, meanwhile they had made fun of just about every group in existence up to that point.

TheOriginalDonald

• -Member-
  • Boola boola
    • TheOriginalDonald
    • DOriginalDonald
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2017, 09:40:36 pm »
Over the years there have been countless jokes referencing people's ethnicity/sex/religion/etc. in the Jungle, and none of the callers/emailers/etc. got banned. I always thought it was hypocritical of Rome to ban Willie just because his particular background was referenced. Reminds me of how Isaac Hayes was upset when South Park did a Scientology episode, meanwhile they had made fun of just about every group in existence up to that point.

The Golden Rule of the MIscavige Institute For The Criminally Insane-you don't take part in MOCKING The Miscavige Institute Of The Criminally Insane>

Being hypocritical by doing a TV show denouncing totalitarianism when you're a part of The Miscavige Institute For The Criminally INsane like Elizabeth Moss does is perfectly acceptable, however
Connecticut HuskiesNew York MetsBoston CelticsDallas CowboysNew York Rangers
One-time Jody MacDaddy Daddy Mac Tweet Of The Week winner