Bobby the Brain . . . DEAD!

Author Topic: Bobby the Brain . . . DEAD!  (Read 1512 times)

Boges

• qwnt
  • -Nutter-
Bobby the Brain . . . DEAD!
« on: September 18, 2017, 03:16:44 pm »
http://www.rollingstone.com/sports/bobby-the-brain-heenan-remembering-wrestling-legend-w504039

Two days prior to Bobby "The Brain" Heenan's death, I'd searched for some vintage Shawn Michaels via the WWE Network at my youngest son's request. I settled on HBK's Intercontinental Championship defense against Tatanka at the notorious outdoor boondoggle that was WrestleMania IX in Paradise, Nevada. My boy, who's not yet five but has seen his share of Raw, Ring of Honor, New Japan et al alongside his man-child father, was enthralled by the clear stakes and constant movement. He'd all but tuned out the competing voices of Jim Ross and Randy "Macho Man Savage" as down-the-middle play-by-play man and baby-faced analyst, respectively, and probably paid no mind to third man Heenan's off-color commentary. Nor did I appreciate the Brain's droll contrast to his overeager counterparts as a kid tuning in to Superstars on Saturday mornings.

Do Rasslers even have managers anymore?
Toronto Blue JaysMiami Dolphins
what?

Dog

• -Nutter-
  • Amanda is a fat girl name
Re: Bobby the Brain . . . DEAD!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 06:06:42 pm »
Brock Lesnar has an "advocate" in Paul Heyman.  I guess it's the same thing
Boise St. BroncosChicago CubsBoston CelticsMiami Dolphins
I just have to focus all my efforts on doing what I can in my world at fixing the blown-out crater that this administration has left as our country.

Bill_in_Phoenix

• -Member-
Re: Bobby the Brain . . . DEAD!
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 11:42:23 pm »
Bobby the Brain and Gorilla Monsoon were the greatest wrestling commentator duo ever.   :koolaid

« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 11:45:52 pm by Bill_in_Phoenix »
California Golden BearsSt. Louis CardinalsPhoenix SunsSt Louis Blues
Get off my lawn