Author Topic: Coaches on the Hot Seat  (Read 1047 times)

Jeff in MD

• the M.D. is in the house
  • Mod
  • 2012 Stucknut NFL Pool Champion
Coaches on the Hot Seat
« on: January 10, 2018, 06:10:51 pm »
Guy Boucher's days in Ottawa are most likely numbered but looks like most of the others who were said to be on the hot seat a few weeks ago are safe such as McLellan and Hakstol, and guys like Julien, Housley and Tocchet are most likely safe given those teams circumstances.

I could see Blashill, Gulutzan and Carlyle getting the hook at season's end if their teams miss the playoffs but hard to say if anyone other than Boucher is on the immediate hot seat at this point.
Maryland TerrapinsWashington NationalsWashington WizardsWashington RedskinsWashington Capitals

Ralph In Orlando

• Globetard Killer
  • -Nutter-
  • Its Real To Me
Re: Coaches on the Hot Seat
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 03:39:09 pm »
Geoff's life coach is on the hot seat... dude is still bringing "no shit" takes
Duke Blue DevilsNew York MetsNew York KnicksNew York GiantsNew York Rangers
{:: - You Bark, I Bite - ::}

Club America

• I'm Misery Company
  • -Tards-
  • Things get damaged, things get broken.
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2018, 06:17:19 pm »
Jeff should stay off the interwebs
Arkansas RazorbacksLos Angeles DodgersDenver BroncosColorado Avalanche
fvck off

Ralph In Orlando

• Globetard Killer
  • -Nutter-
  • Its Real To Me
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2018, 06:18:06 pm »
Jeff should stay off the interwebs

:lol for real, box that shit up and take it back to Best Buy.
Duke Blue DevilsNew York MetsNew York KnicksNew York GiantsNew York Rangers
{:: - You Bark, I Bite - ::}

Club America

• I'm Misery Company
  • -Tards-
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2018, 06:36:13 pm »
:lol for real, box that shit up and take it back to Best Buy.

Rack :lol
fvck off

Spanky

• -Security-
  • Has 2008 racks more than this
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2018, 07:31:01 pm »
I'd like to say Julien, but considering the Habs are still paying both Therrien and him at this point, they don't have the cash to pay for a 3rd shitty Francophone coach.
Nebraska CornhuskersNew York YankeesNew York JetsMontreal Canadiens

JoshInDallas

• Now living in NYC
  • -Member-
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2018, 12:43:02 am »
All of the Montreal media write and understand English fluently.  If they didn't they wouldn't have a job.  Geoff Molson should've put his foot down with Cunneyworth and he didn't.  He caved into the loser working-class Pepsis who can't even afford a ticket at Centre Bell.  Saku Koivu never learned French either.  Was he run out of town? 

Jeff in MD

• Mod
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2018, 05:02:43 pm »
Trotz is outta D.C., looks like Rierden is getting the gig although the team will probably do the obligatory "qualified candidate" interviews of others as well.

Islanders will clearly want Trotz but have to think he'd be hesitant given Tavares might be leaving and as an organization the Islanders have already been a train wreck with Tavares. He'll probably take the season off and see wait for a quality gig (and big payday) to open up next summer.
Maryland TerrapinsWashington NationalsWashington WizardsWashington RedskinsWashington Capitals

Hedstrom

• -Nutter-
  • Born and Raised in South Detroit
    • hedstrombacon
    • @hedstrombacon
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2018, 07:57:35 pm »
Trotz is outta D.C., looks like Rierden is getting the gig although the team will probably do the obligatory "qualified candidate" interviews of others as well.

Islanders will clearly want Trotz but have to think he'd be hesitant given Tavares might be leaving and as an organization the Islanders have already been a train wreck with Tavares. He'll probably take the season off and see wait for a quality gig (and big payday) to open up next summer.

Further proof that Ted Leonsis is a POS. Trotz did what others couldn't and he doesn't get paid? What a joke.
Miami DolphinsCalgary Flames

Club America

• I'm Misery Company
  • -Tards-
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2018, 05:53:43 am »
Further proof that Ted Leonsis is a POS. Trotz did what others couldn't and he doesn't get paid? What a joke.

WTF seriously.

That makes 0 sense.
fvck off

Hedstrom

• -Nutter-
  • Born and Raised in South Detroit
    • hedstrombacon
    • @hedstrombacon
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2018, 06:29:16 am »
Leonsis has owned the team since 99'

Coaches since then.....Ron Wilson, Bruce Cassidy, Glen Hanlon, Bruce Boudreau, Dale Hunter, Adam Oates

None of them got the team to the Stanley Cup Finals.

Trotz coached the entire season without a contract extension and they won the Cup. Pay the man.
Miami DolphinsCalgary Flames

Jeff in MD

• Mod
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2018, 02:06:00 pm »
Leonsis has owned the team since 99'

Coaches since then.....Ron Wilson, Bruce Cassidy, Glen Hanlon, Bruce Boudreau, Dale Hunter, Adam Oates

None of them got the team to the Stanley Cup Finals.

Trotz coached the entire season without a contract extension and they won the Cup. Pay the man.

Actually Wilson did get them there in 98.

Ted has made plenty of mistakes as an owner, but I actually don't blame him for the Trotz situation, it was more a matter of circumstances. Yes, Trotz was underpaid for how good of a coach he was and the so called "bonus" that was put in his contract if he won the Cup was a complete joke, but Trotz still signed the deal back in 2014. Prior to this season he had never gotten past the 2nd round, and many of the players gave Reirden the credit for the defensive changes/adjustments that won them the Cup. They really didn't want to lose Reirden to another team and had basically told him he would be the next coach.

Coaches also have a short shelf life in the NHL, even those who win a Cup. If they give Trotz a long-term 4-5 year deal for big money, and he burns out and loses the team 2 years from now, they have to pay off 2-3 years on top of hiring another coach, and by that point losing Reirden who they like. Local media reported that the Caps have a certain operating budget they want to stick to and giving Trotz a long-term deal was a risk considering his playoff history before this season. If he gets a 4-5 year deal for big money and burns out 2 years from now, they're stuck paying it off for 2-3 years and they probably lose Reirden as well. I wanted to see Trotz get a big contract and come back but circumstances were what they were and Caps were backed into a corner.