Author Topic: Is Tomlin in trouble  (Read 721 times)

wireman

• -Nutter-
Is Tomlin in trouble
« on: January 15, 2018, 08:43:56 am »
Since 1969 the Steelers have only had 3 coaches: Noll/Cowher/Tomlinson.  All 3 have had the ultimate success of winning Super Bowls and rarely have they suffered consistent losing seasons.  The Rooneys are the model of consistency when it comes to retaining coaches.

Tomlinson is a very good coach and has a 64% winning percentage and he has that Super Bowl ring to boot.  But, I digress even after going 13-3 this year and just narrowly missing home field through out the playoffs something is afoot.  Play calling has been called into question and some feel that Tomlinson is losing the locker room (Bell talking contract during playoff week doesn't help) & James Harrison's "they lied" comment doesn't help matters.

Stay tuned...
North Carolina Tar HeelsOakland AthleticsSacramento KingsOakland RaidersCarolina Hurricanes
I may be drunk Miss but, in the morning I'll be sober & you'll still be ugly. W. Churchill

rocket625

• Go Raiders
  • -Member-
  • Rip Curl
Re: Is Tomlin in trouble
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 09:13:51 am »
watching ben play i think its time for a new QB - and there isn't much around.
UCSB GauchosLos Angeles DodgersLos Angeles LakersOakland RaidersLos Angeles Kings

Steve in HTown

• -Admin-
    • stucknut
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 09:17:19 am »
Texas LonghornsHouston AstrosHouston RocketsCleveland Browns

Front Porch

• Rat bastard
  • -Security-
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 07:26:00 pm »
Define trouble I guess. 

I don't see him getting fired and will say if you fire Tomlin than who do you hire.  There doesn't seem to be much out there that you would really want.  Even in terms of hot coordinators.  I just don't see what you think you get that will be better.

That said he has issues and I wouldn't be surprised to see Butler and or Haley leave.  He also needs someone to help on situational football.  The tools are probably still in place for them next year but that window is closing fast. 

As for Tomlin he still has several years. 

Bill_in_Phoenix

• -Member-
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 10:32:07 pm »
Since 1969 the Steelers have only had 3 coaches: Noll/Cowher/Tomlinson.  All 3 have had the ultimate success of winning Super Bowls and rarely have they suffered consistent losing seasons.  The Rooneys are the model of consistency when it comes to retaining coaches.
1/10th rack for LDT v. Tomlin.  Pretty derka derka attempt. :monkey2
Western Michigan BroncosSt. Louis CardinalsPhoenix SunsSt Louis Blues
Get off my lawn

rocket625

• Go Raiders
  • -Member-
  • Rip Curl
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2018, 09:34:15 am »
the steelers suck and always will i hope the lose every game.  SaladTosser
UCSB GauchosLos Angeles DodgersLos Angeles LakersOakland RaidersLos Angeles Kings

JungleSlayer

• Ima Mushroom Cloud Laying Mutha Fugger, Mutha Fugger.
  • -Nutter-
  • Strange and Unusual
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2018, 10:03:43 am »
the steelers suck and always will i hope the lose every game.  SaladTosser

4/4 of a rack

Russ from Sactown

• -I Post Here With Other-
  • -Tards-
  • Rack the Trolls™
    • yeahright
    • suckme
Idaho VandalsMiami MarlinsToronto RaptorsSan Diego ChargersVancouver Canucks

Jeff in MD

• the M.D. is in the house
  • -Nutter-
  • 2012 Stucknut NFL Pool Champion
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2018, 11:53:59 pm »
Tomlin isn't going anywhere anytime soon, was only a matter of time before Haley was canned but the DC Keith Butler needs to be next. Even with losing Shazier, giving up 38 points at home to a Blake Bortles led offense has to be grounds for getting whacked.
Maryland TerrapinsWashington NationalsWashington WizardsWashington RedskinsWashington Capitals