Author Topic: Why isn't Rome on in Atlanta?  (Read 300 times)

A-Bomb

• -Member-
Why isn't Rome on in Atlanta?
« on: July 13, 2018, 07:32:37 pm »
He was on 790am back in the day but The "2 Live Stews" bumped him off the air, which was a freaking travesty. Can anyone confirm Rome hasn't been heard in ATL since 2002?

All we get now are his CBS Sports Minutes on 92.9fm. Thank gawd for the CBS radio app.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 07:36:55 pm by A-Bomb »
Atlanta BravesAtlanta HawksAtlanta Falcons

Steve in HTown

• -Admin-
    • stucknut
Re: Why isn't Rome on in Atlanta?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2018, 01:47:07 pm »
I believe he was on in Atlanta after 2002. We used to have ATL representation on the show.

Affiliates don't really matter anymore. Most people have phones and internet with the ability to stream.
Texas LonghornsHouston AstrosHouston RocketsCleveland Browns

A-Bomb

• -Member-
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2018, 11:31:52 pm »
Thanks for the dope archives. It's great to catch up on the decade-plus I missed.  :drink

A-Bomb

• -Member-
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 07:10:41 pm »
Steve in H-Town,
I still wish he was on terrestrial radio here in the Atlanta suburbs. We have 2 sports stations with local programming until midnight, and they keep recycling the same news. You can only hear about Julio Jones' contract so many times. It sux for this region that Rome isn't a household name.

toolshed

• -Tards-
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 10:13:32 pm »
Hey A-Bomb, I never get tired of hearing how great that deer in the headlights derp faced fvcking loser Matt Ryan is. 

Atlanta is the only city stupid enough to have bought into that fraud koolaid man faced fvcking loser Mike Smith.

But hey, Atlanta has the lowest concession prices in all of pro sports.  Now you can get diabetes and die in your mid 60ís and not have to watch your miserable sporting franchises or read another fatRuss post on Stucknut.
I am Yesus

Steve in HTown

• -Admin-
    • stucknut
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2018, 07:07:27 am »
But hey, Atlanta has the lowest concession prices in all of pro sports.  Now you can get diabetes and die in your mid 60ís and not have to watch your miserable sporting franchises or read another fatRuss post on Stucknut.

Oh, and they have a Chick-fil-a in the stadium.  :koolaid

But it's not open on Sundays  :lol
Texas LonghornsHouston AstrosHouston RocketsCleveland Browns

toolshed

• -Tards-
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2018, 12:35:19 pm »

Oh, and they have a Chick-fil-a in the stadium.  :koolaid

But it's not open on Sundays  :lol

Itís either Carolina or Atlanta I plan to hit up this year...that info might have sealed the deal.  :koolaid
I am Yesus

A-Bomb

• -Member-
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2018, 06:23:02 pm »
Itís either Carolina or Atlanta I plan to hit up this year...that info might have sealed the deal.  :koolaid

The new Mercedes Benz stadium in Atlanta is worth a stop. First class joint!

Bank of America in Charlotte is a decent venue,but  they've gotta be close to wanting new digs.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 07:13:24 pm by A-Bomb »

A-Bomb

• -Member-
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2018, 06:26:10 pm »
Hey A-Bomb, I never get tired of hearing how great that deer in the headlights derp faced fvcking loser Matt Ryan is. 

Atlanta is the only city stupid enough to have bought into that fraud koolaid man faced fvcking loser Mike Smith.

I can't argue with Atlanta sports smack. Best thing we have going now is Atlanta United (MLS). Mike Smith will be forever known as the first coach to put together back to back Falcons winning seasons.  Your Atlanta Falcons POINT OF PRIDE!!!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 07:14:42 pm by A-Bomb »