Author Topic: Smackoff 24 - Call 12: Steve Carbone  (Read 589 times)

Steve in HTown

• -Admin-
    • stucknut
Smackoff 24 - Call 12: Steve Carbone
« on: July 20, 2018, 12:27:37 pm »
 :popcorn
Texas LonghornsHouston AstrosHouston RocketsCleveland Browns

Steve in HTown

• -Admin-
    • stucknut
Re: Smackoff 24 - Call 12: Steve Carbone
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 12:31:50 pm »
Seanie's back!

spookyben

• Round & Round
  • -Member-
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 12:32:54 pm »
Blast from the past!!
Fire up the ferris wheel!

Patty In Molesto

• -Member-
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2018, 12:33:50 pm »
Legendary!

Bits from that call will get replayed on the show for years.

My new first place over Vic and Kaleb.  And the call just might be good enough to STAY on top.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 12:38:05 pm by Patty In Molesto »
San Francisco Giants

BradinDetroit

• -Member-
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2018, 12:35:30 pm »
Wish i could be watching on tv so I could see Jim's face when Sean came on the phone

xmason99

• Two-Tone
  • -Member-
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2018, 12:38:54 pm »
Sean the Cablinasian????

What's next, a Mike in Indy/T-Rodge tandem call?
Wisconsin BadgersMilwaukee BrewersGreen Bay Packers

Patty In Molesto

• -Member-
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2018, 12:40:22 pm »
Wish i could be watching on tv so I could see Jim's face when Sean came on the phone

They had the Seanie graphic all ready to go, so my guess is that it was no surprise to Rome.  Anyway, they had the camera on graphics and pics at the moment Sean appeared in the call

toolshed

• -Tards-
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2018, 01:01:05 pm »
So far, the best call... but my boy BIC will dig some graves and win this thing
I am Yesus

Tony from Iowa City

• -Member-
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2018, 10:49:54 pm »
I had never heard the Cablinasian live before - in fact, I'd never heard him ever - so my jaw hit the floor when I realized it was the legend himself on the air with Carbone. The shock factor of the Cablinasian coming out of the woodwork should have been enough to get those guys over the top.

The downside is that now Carbone and Cablinasian have to listen to gay jokes about themselves the next few Smackoffs like Mike and Chael did a few years back.
Iowa Hawkeyes
On Iowa proudly at the fore, On Iowa on for evermore!

VicNocal

• NFL Pool Champ
  • -Member-
  • My brand > Your brand
    • vicnocal
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2018, 08:29:42 am »
Six. Minutes. Long.
California Golden BearsChicago BullsChicago Bears
Invariably this Wednesday when I go to Chic Fil A, the woman will ask if the money I left on the counter is mine, and I'll smile and say, "No its yours". - B.P. in Houston

Steve in HTown

• -Admin-
    • stucknut
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2018, 09:16:03 am »
Six. Minutes. Long.

Not bad for 2 former winners.  3 minutes each.

VicNocal

• NFL Pool Champ
  • -Member-
  • My brand > Your brand
    • vicnocal
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2018, 07:23:02 pm »
Yes at least it wasnt an 8minute infiltration of Big Wangs
California Golden BearsChicago BullsChicago Bears
Invariably this Wednesday when I go to Chic Fil A, the woman will ask if the money I left on the counter is mine, and I'll smile and say, "No its yours". - B.P. in Houston

wabashcr

• -Member-
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2018, 03:10:32 pm »
At least Rome finally had to acknowledge that the Cablinasian exists, let alone won 5 smackoffs.  I don't think he's been mentioned since the first year he was banned, and if so, only very sporadically.  I understand why, but it always irritates me when he talks about the smackoff legends and never mentions Sean.  Rome does a good job of keeping the excommunicated off the show entirely.  You'll never hear the name Travis Rodgers on those airwaves ever again, and the smackoff was his "brain child." 

I know Sean probably doesn't have any interest in returning to the show, and there were definitely bridges burnt during the Smackoff on a Mobile era.  But the event is so much better when Sean calls, especially if he isn't guaranteed to win.  I had a feeling when Carbone said he was bringing a guest, that's what it would be.  And I honestly thought Rome might run him for it, given how committed he is to keeping Sean and others persona non grata. 

It was definitely my favorite call of the day, and I think it was only because of the reaction that it even placed second.  I'm sure Steve knew he had no chance to win when he brought Sean on.  I'm extremely glad he did, though.

JuanToo3Fore

• -Member-
    • RationallyCrazy
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2018, 03:54:15 pm »
At least Rome finally had to acknowledge that the Cablinasian exists, let alone won 5 smackoffs.  I don't think he's been mentioned since the first year he was banned, and if so, only very sporadically.  I understand why, but it always irritates me when he talks about the smackoff legends and never mentions Sean.  Rome does a good job of keeping the excommunicated off the show entirely.  You'll never hear the name Travis Rodgers on those airwaves ever again, and the smackoff was his "brain child." 

I know Sean probably doesn't have any interest in returning to the show, and there were definitely bridges burnt during the Smackoff on a Mobile era.  But the event is so much better when Sean calls, especially if he isn't guaranteed to win.  I had a feeling when Carbone said he was bringing a guest, that's what it would be.  And I honestly thought Rome might run him for it, given how committed he is to keeping Sean and others persona non grata. 

It was definitely my favorite call of the day, and I think it was only because of the reaction that it even placed second.  I'm sure Steve knew he had no chance to win when he brought Sean on.  I'm extremely glad he did, though.

Yeah agreed it was great hearing Seany. He's a top 3 all time caller in my book alongside Brad and Mike. I too was unsure how rome would react to Sean coming back but i think he handled it well and genuinely sounded happy to hear from him