Author Topic: The Hot Seat...  (Read 184 times)

wireman

• -Nutter-
The Hot Seat...
« on: September 17, 2018, 11:52:27 am »
Each year there are college & pro coaches that start off the season on the hotseat.  Starting w/this week we'll highlight some of the poor bastards....

Willie Taggart - FSU- wow how the mighty have fallen.  @ one time FSU was one of the most badass teams in the country; no one would play them and if you did they typically got the living tar beat out of them.  They won the last BCS Nat'l Championship but, given the recent state of the program that 'ship seems so, long ago.

Jimbo Fisher took his talents to Texa A&M and FSU hired Willie Taggart; one year after he'd turned Oregon back to respectability.  Well, the Noles are a totally different animal, they expect championships and right now it aint gonna happen.  After getting blasted by VA Tech in the opener and struggling against FCS Samford, they got blown out by the Fighting Dino Babers of Syracuse. 

Now, Taggart is just 3 games in and typically you can base this sort of thing on not having the talent but, this is FSU and the talent is there.  Rumors are that the players haven't adapted to his tough love style of coaching and that its wearing thin.  On top of that starting qb DeAndre Francois hasn't been the model of consistency in the passing game.

North Carolina Tar HeelsOakland AthleticsSacramento KingsOakland RaidersCarolina Hurricanes
I may be drunk Miss but, in the morning I'll be sober & you'll still be ugly. W. Churchill

Dog

• -Nutter-
  • The Anti-Nutter
Re: The Hot Seat...
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 12:46:15 pm »
Florida State looks turrble.  But you have to give a new coach some time to implement his system and his players.  FSU will not wait 3 years to give this guy a team of his own recruits, but he's safe this year.
Boise St. BroncosChicago CubsBoston CelticsMiami Dolphins

toolshed

• -Tards-
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 04:11:11 pm »
Butt chinned O'Brien officially on 'canned' watch
I am Yesus

Steve in HTown

• -Admin-
    • stucknut
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2018, 04:54:51 pm »
Bill 0-3rien  :drink
Texas LonghornsHouston AstrosHouston RocketsCleveland Browns

JohnnyScabs

• -Member-
    • @johnnyscabss
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2018, 06:01:06 pm »
Looks like O’Brien to Florida State
Michigan WolverinesDetroit TigersDetroit PistonsDetroit LionsDetroit Red Wings

toolshed

• -Tards-
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2018, 06:50:19 pm »
Butt-chin Bill can go up to the CFL and send Manziel back into games after he has a traumatic brain injury.

No amount of JJ Watt flag humping can save this team.

Enjoy Andrew Luck next week Textards.

0-4
I am Yesus