Author Topic: Playstation Classic  (Read 317 times)

Steve in HTown

• -Admin-
    • stucknut
Playstation Classic
« on: September 19, 2018, 08:38:03 am »
Texas LonghornsHouston AstrosHouston RocketsCleveland Browns

VicNocal

• NFL Pool Champ
  • -Member-
  • My brand > Your brand
    • vicnocal
Re: Playstation Classic
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 12:06:25 pm »
All of these retro things are better in theory and once you actually sit down to play these archaic games you get bored after 2 hours and go looking for a PS4.

The other day I bought for 50 bucks a modded original Xbox that works as a normal Xbox but also has basically all the NES, SNES, and Genesis games ever made stored on it, plus some NeoGeo and like 30 N64 ones too.
I played Contra for like 15mins and got bored.  Some of those still hold up tho, like PunchOut.
California Golden BearsChicago BullsChicago Bears
Invariably this Wednesday when I go to Chic Fil A, the woman will ask if the money I left on the counter is mine, and I'll smile and say, "No its yours". - B.P. in Houston

Ralph In Orlando

• Globetard Killer
  • -Nutter-
  • Its Real To Me
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 12:09:38 pm »
I already have one of those with TN-X on my PS Vita....although it will be hell trying to find games for it I forgot to download since the govt made the roms sites shut down.....

So this is a no buy for me.  :koolaid
Duke Blue DevilsNew York MetsNew York KnicksNew York GiantsNew York Rangers
{:: - You Bark, I Bite - ::}

JohnnyScabs

• -Member-
    • @johnnyscabss
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2018, 08:01:41 am »
All of these retro things are better in theory and once you actually sit down to play these archaic games you get bored after 2 hours and go looking for a PS4.

The other day I bought for 50 bucks a modded original Xbox that works as a normal Xbox but also has basically all the NES, SNES, and Genesis games ever made stored on it, plus some NeoGeo and like 30 N64 ones too.
I played Contra for like 15mins and got bored.  Some of those still hold up tho, like PunchOut.

Bought same, couldn't get it to save my season on Super Tecmo Bowl....stopped playing
Michigan WolverinesDetroit TigersDetroit PistonsDetroit LionsDetroit Red Wings

VicNocal

• NFL Pool Champ
  • -Member-
  • My brand > Your brand
    • vicnocal
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2018, 11:08:46 am »
Is it an emulator running on a modded Xbox?  On mine I click the right stick in and it brings up a menu where I can instantly save.
California Golden BearsChicago BullsChicago Bears
Invariably this Wednesday when I go to Chic Fil A, the woman will ask if the money I left on the counter is mine, and I'll smile and say, "No its yours". - B.P. in Houston

JohnnyScabs

• -Member-
    • @johnnyscabss
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2018, 11:30:56 am »
No, some piece of shit drive of some sort.
Michigan WolverinesDetroit TigersDetroit PistonsDetroit LionsDetroit Red Wings

rocket625

• Go Raiders
  • -Member-
  • Rip Curl
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2018, 11:44:56 am »
the PS4 is getting tired - they need to build a new one some day. That classic thing points out a lack of go forward ideas at SONY.  The only thing they hock now is PS4 TV.   Somebody up there needs a kick in the ass.  :popcorn
UCSB GauchosLos Angeles DodgersLos Angeles LakersOakland RaidersLos Angeles Kings

Ralph In Orlando

• Globetard Killer
  • -Nutter-
  • Its Real To Me
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2018, 01:17:07 pm »
Bought same, couldn't get it to save my season on Super Tecmo Bowl....stopped playing

Letterbomb a Wii. :koolaid One with teh slots for gamecube controllers. You can play anything on it after that. NES, Genesis, SNES, Gameboy.... Gamecube... even N64...
Duke Blue DevilsNew York MetsNew York KnicksNew York GiantsNew York Rangers
{:: - You Bark, I Bite - ::}