Poll

Does tha 4-team playoff suck ass??

Yes
5 (55.6%)
No
4 (44.4%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Hey college football fans  (Read 356 times)

Snakeeyes

• Fair & Balanced.
  • -Nutter-
Hey college football fans
« on: January 01, 2019, 07:23:21 pm »
Is it time to admit we were wrong?  I was super excited about the playoff back in the day.  Now, I think it sucks.
Clemson v Alabama seemingly every fvcking year.
A host of New Years Day bowl games that don't matter anymore.
Bunches of players choosing not to play in bowl games because they don't matter.
Notre Dame getting chosen when they clearly don't belong because of who they are.
Teams like UCF not getting a shot to play spoiler.

Personally, I favor an 8-team.  But I'm not gonna lie - I prefer the pre-BCS to this shit.

Discuss.   :drink
Colorado St. RamsColorado RockiesDenver NuggetsBuffalo BillsBuffalo Sabres
"I took all the same classes as you at a much bigger D1 school."  :lol

Learjet89

• -Nutter-
  • -Fact Checker-
Re: Hey college football fans
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 07:52:45 pm »
8 team won't solve it.
I don't want to go back to the pre-BCS era.
fvck the SEC and their soft scheduling BS.
Xavier MusketeersCincinnati RedsCincinnati Bengals

Beavis in KC

• -Nutter-
  • What the fvck are you looking at?
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 08:16:56 pm »
An eight team playoff is the way to go.  All Power-5 conference champions get an automatic bid.  This would restore relevance to regular season conference games and championships.  Three at-large bids would be available to the UCFs and Boise States or any other teams that are deserving.  Play the first round games at the major bowl sites (Rose, Orange, Sugar, Fiesta) and then you can play the semi-finals and National Championship game wherever you want.

Kansas St. WildcatsKansas City RoyalsGolden State WarriorsKansas City ChiefsDetroit Red Wings
2016 Stucknut Member of the Year

Snakeeyes

• Fair & Balanced.
  • -Nutter-
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2019, 08:23:16 pm »
An eight team playoff is the way to go.  All Power-5 conference champions get an automatic bid.  This would restore relevance to regular season conference games and championships.  Three at-large bids would be available to the UCFs and Boise States or any other teams that are deserving.  Play the first round games at the major bowl sites (Rose, Orange, Sugar, Fiesta) and then you can play the semi-finals and National Championship game wherever you want.

Word.  Or play the second round games at the major bowl sites.  Let "lesser bowls" host round 1.
Colorado St. RamsColorado RockiesDenver NuggetsBuffalo BillsBuffalo Sabres
"I took all the same classes as you at a much bigger D1 school."  :lol

Front Porch

• Rat bastard
  • -Security-
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2019, 11:17:09 pm »
Is it time to admit we were wrong?  I was super excited about the playoff back in the day.  Now, I think it sucks.
Clemson v Alabama seemingly every fvcking year.
A host of New Years Day bowl games that don't matter anymore.
Bunches of players choosing not to play in bowl games because they don't matter.
Notre Dame getting chosen when they clearly don't belong because of who they are.
Teams like UCF not getting a shot to play spoiler.

Personally, I favor an 8-team.  But I'm not gonna lie - I prefer the pre-BCS to this shit.

Discuss.   :drink

Bama and Clemson being dominate doesn't mean the playoffs were or are a bad idea.  Would have happened in BCS as well and probably in an 8 team thing.  So that is immaterial.

I don't think the playoffs have any impact on players not playing the bowl games.  That is the big money of the NFL and the chance of injury.  Players just realized that sitting has no impact on draft status so why play.  Hell Bosa took off the year just to be safe.  If we had an BCS game they would still sit and not care about the New Year's Day Bowls.  An 8 team may get more kids to play even then I am not sure.  Do they want to play 3 more games and take a risk of losing millions to win a NC for Bama? 

It doesn't matter if we go 4 or 8, there is always someone who didn't get in because Notre Dame or something else did.  Hell we take 68 basketball teams and there is always whining about who got snubbed.  So someone getting left out for someone else will always happen. 

I get not liking the direction it is going but this isn't because of the 4 team playoff.  This is because of college football. 

Dog

• -Nutter-
  • The Anti-Nutter
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2019, 11:44:01 pm »
I think the 4 team playoff was a step in the right direction. 

Now it's time to take another step.

8 teams makes sense
Boise St. BroncosChicago CubsBoston CelticsMiami Dolphins

Tony from Iowa City

• -Member-
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2019, 08:43:34 am »
If other teams don't like Alabama and Clemson facing each other for the title every year, they should get better.
Iowa Hawkeyes
On Iowa proudly at the fore, On Iowa on for evermore!

Stab

• Morally Flexible
  • -Nutter-
  • Stuck in the past, yet ahead of the game.
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2019, 09:44:50 am »
I really don't even watch much baesball.
Wisconsin BadgersMilwaukee BrewersMilwaukee BucksGreen Bay Packers
Probably the worst person ever.

wireman

• -Nutter-
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2019, 09:55:02 am »
If other teams don't like Alabama and Clemson facing each other for the title every year, they should get better.
this  referee2
North Carolina Tar HeelsOakland AthleticsSacramento KingsOakland RaidersCarolina Hurricanes
I may be drunk Miss but, in the morning I'll be sober & you'll still be ugly. W. Churchill

wireman

• -Nutter-
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2019, 09:55:50 am »
this is the most viable solution.
North Carolina Tar HeelsOakland AthleticsSacramento KingsOakland RaidersCarolina Hurricanes
I may be drunk Miss but, in the morning I'll be sober & you'll still be ugly. W. Churchill