Author Topic: Bird Box / Come Sunday netflix  (Read 270 times)

VicNocal

• NFL Pool Champ
  • -Member-
  • My brand > Your brand
    • vicnocal
Bird Box / Come Sunday netflix
« on: January 04, 2019, 12:35:55 pm »
Most people have heard of BIRD BOX and it has gotten enough run, it set the record for most watched Netflix movie, it looked good when I first heard of it about a month ago and I was eagerly awaiting its release for late December, and sure enough it lived up to the hype (although I hear the book was better and the movie changed a couple of things for the worse).

However, there's another Netflix movie that I'd been ignoring but I just watched it and although I wasnt expecting much, I thought it was outfvckingstanding:  COME SUNDAY.  I might even rank it as the best straight-to-Netflix movie Ive seen, not so much for the plot (like Bird Box), but just as a total package of acting, cinematography, themes, etc.
California Golden BearsChicago BullsChicago Bears
Invariably this Wednesday when I go to Chic Fil A, the woman will ask if the money I left on the counter is mine, and I'll smile and say, "No its yours". - B.P. in Houston

Justin NoCal

• Dickpuss Penegor, PhD.
  • -Nutter-
  • leave the gun, take the cannolis
Re: Bird Box / Come Sunday netflix
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 02:36:15 pm »
You can't trust those Netflix numbers for most watched, it's just a Netflix ploy to get people to watch their shows/movies because "all the cool kids are doing it."
I guess I'll check them both out.
California Golden BearsSan Francisco GiantsSacramento KingsWashington Redskins
Elevate, excavate, eliminate.

Steve in HTown

• -Admin-
    • stucknut
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 03:24:09 pm »
they don't ever release their stats.

remember how well they said those adam sandler movies were?   :uhh

i've heard a few comedians try to get numbers from them to help negotiate new specials but they wont do it.
Texas LonghornsHouston AstrosHouston RocketsCleveland Browns

VicNocal

• NFL Pool Champ
  • -Member-
  • My brand > Your brand
    • vicnocal
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 06:21:23 pm »
Yeah that's true but I just meant to point out that it has definitely been getting a lot of hype, it even has some tards doing something called the Bird Box Challenge.  The other movie on the other hand flew way more under the radar. It's basically about fanatically religious tards and how much they contradict themselves.
California Golden BearsChicago BullsChicago Bears
Invariably this Wednesday when I go to Chic Fil A, the woman will ask if the money I left on the counter is mine, and I'll smile and say, "No its yours". - B.P. in Houston

testudo

• Stucknut historian (y'all don't want this)
  • -Nutter-
  • Amberlamp Driver
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2019, 06:39:13 pm »
I saw parts of it.... and so didn't get parts of it.    But I thought the ending was kind of abrupt and missing something...   or was that just becasuse i didnt see the whole thing?

I also, I guess,   was missing some key informaiton..    I wasn't clear on why they had to wear blindfolds and/or what would happen if they took them off... although it was obvious whatever would happend wasn't good.

Maryland TerrapinsBaltimore OriolesWashington WizardsBaltimore RavensWashington Capitals

Dog

• -Nutter-
  • The Anti-Nutter
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2019, 07:34:20 pm »
I saw parts of it.... and so didn't get parts of it.    But I thought the ending was kind of abrupt and missing something...   or was that just becasuse i didnt see the whole thing?

I also, I guess,   was missing some key informaiton..    I wasn't clear on why they had to wear blindfolds and/or what would happen if they took them off... although it was obvious whatever would happend wasn't good.

Were you fvcking high when you watched it?
Boise St. BroncosChicago CubsBoston CelticsMiami Dolphins

Hedstrom

• -Nutter-
  • Born and Raised in South Detroit
    • hedstrombacon
    • @hedstrombacon
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2019, 08:27:01 pm »
Were you fvcking high when you watched it?

Maybe he was wearing a blindfold.
Miami DolphinsCalgary Flames

Front Porch

• Rat bastard
  • -Security-
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2019, 08:35:32 pm »
drunk is a better guess. 

testudo

• Stucknut historian (y'all don't want this)
  • -Nutter-
  • Amberlamp Driver
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2019, 08:39:45 pm »
I caught bits and pieces of it....    She was digging a backle dude... the backloe dude gave her shit for not naming the two kids....  then they were at a house and some dudes showed up...

They weren't blindfolded...

The backle guy volunteered to be a hero.... to the white girl.. which right there made the movie unrealistic...

The girl and the two kids escaped out the back....  the backle guy fought with the people out front.. took off his blindfold and killed the last of them...and then  his eyes turned orange and he decided to shoot himself...

Then she got away went down a river bglindfolded with the two kids...made it to where they were going.

It was a blind pacle with blind people in it..which was apparently meahnt they safe fro m whatever....

They let the birds out of the box.

The End.

That's what i saw.
Maryland TerrapinsBaltimore OriolesWashington WizardsBaltimore RavensWashington Capitals

toolshed

• -Tards-
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2019, 09:50:33 pm »
drunk is a better guess.

Or, or, he is just stupid and has a short attention span.
I am Yesus

Stab

• Morally Flexible
  • -Nutter-
  • Stuck in the past, yet ahead of the game.
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2019, 07:03:03 am »
The movie was gode but that ending was a bit unsatisfying.

If you disagree with me you're stupid.
Wisconsin BadgersMilwaukee BrewersMilwaukee BucksGreen Bay Packers
Not the worst. Not even close.