Government shutdown - Page 11

Author Topic: Government shutdown  (Read 15277 times)

Dog

• -Nutter-
  • Amanda is a fat girl name
Re: Government shutdown
« Reply #150 on: February 17, 2019, 12:40:57 pm »
I think it all boils down to the public interest in the issue. I'm not sure as many would support "federal emergency" on guns, medical or any other nonsense the dems push as much as they seem to be supporting border security. Regardless of what the media is vomiting, there isn't a huge pushback against trump doing this.

Polls show that the public vastly disagrees with Trump, and the majority don't want a wall....so I'm not sure of your point.

But, I also stopped believing the polls in November 2016
Boise St. BroncosChicago CubsBoston CelticsMiami Dolphins

Justin NoCal

• Im a one man army mothafvcka prepare to digest ur molars
  • -Nutter-
  • leave the gun, take the cannolis
« Reply #151 on: February 17, 2019, 12:56:22 pm »
See: security, border. The wall itself is stupid. He's not going to be able to build walls in Texas without a huge legal battle for eminent domain. Trump is an eminent domain disease. That's mostly how he built all of his properties.

That's good you stopped believing in polls, which was the point of your post so I'm not sure of your point either.

Dudes 2016 battle cry was BUILD THAT WALL and he won. His 2020 battle cry will probably be FINISH THAT WALL. Which won't happen because even if he wins he will probably lose the Senate.
San Francisco Giants
Elevate, excavate, eliminate.

Dog

• -Nutter-
  • Amanda is a fat girl name
« Reply #152 on: February 17, 2019, 01:07:53 pm »
 He keeps trying to win over his base, which he has already won. In doing so, he alienates the other 70%.

If it's a public interest issue, why are so many people against it?

I agree, the wall will never get built.  Security through additional man power, technology, other means is more cost effective.   But you're right, it was a campaign promise, so he has to fight for it.
Boise St. BroncosChicago CubsBoston CelticsMiami Dolphins

Front Porch

• Rat bastard
  • -Security-
« Reply #153 on: February 17, 2019, 01:29:41 pm »
If you don't believe polls then what do you base your opinion on public support. That seems very much that our view is shaped by those we know which becomes a very distorted view on the public.

It would not surprise me if more support could be made for healthcare than the wall or even border security.  There are a lot of liberals so it is easy to see them drawing support. Especially if a dem wins, they will have campaign promises to deliver as well.

Do you believe that most people believe that boarder security is a national emergency.

Justin NoCal

• -Nutter-
« Reply #154 on: February 17, 2019, 01:41:06 pm »
That's the problem here. Determining the difference between "national emergency" and "huge problem". I'd say a vast majority agree it's a huge problem but if you can't pass it by normal legislative procedures then tough shit, Trump.
I guess we will have to see what the language is if there's even an official "language" since it's a declaration.

"National emergency" is such a vague term that there's absolutely no doubt that the Dems use it for every one of their big agenda items.
San Francisco Giants

Justin NoCal

• -Nutter-
« Reply #155 on: February 17, 2019, 01:48:22 pm »
There are a ton of similarities between this and Bush 43's bullshit Patriot Act.. it just opens the door for the next phase of these fvcking assholes having carte blanche on doing whatever they want. Go big and let the courts sort it out for the next 20 years all the while we will keep piling on the against the will of the people with more and more corrupt, out of control bullshit.

CATCH US IF YOU CAN!!!!1eleven!!!
San Francisco Giants