Author Topic: RIP DL  (Read 542 times)

Steve in HTown

• -Admin-
    • stucknut
RIP DL
« on: February 08, 2019, 07:17:26 am »
MLB is changing the name of the Disabled List to Injured List because a few disabled people got mad  :lol

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/25947020/major-league-baseball-rename-disabled-list-injured-list

The league will make the change out of concern that the term "disabled" for injured players falsely conflates disabilities with injuries and an inability to participate in sports.

"In recent years, the commissioner has received several inquiries regarding the name of the 'Disabled List,'" Pfeifer wrote. "The principal concern is that using the term 'disabled' for players who are injured supports the misconception that people with disabilities are injured and therefore are not able to participate or compete in sports. As a result, Major League Baseball has agreed to change the name 'Disabled List' to be the 'Injured List' at both the major and minor league levels. All standards and requirements for placement, reinstatement, etc., shall remain unchanged. This change, which is only a rebranding of the name itself, is effective immediately.''
Texas LonghornsHouston AstrosHouston RocketsCleveland Browns

Beavis in KC

• -Nutter-
  • What the fvck are you looking at?
Re: RIP DL
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 07:18:44 am »
Crippled and retarded people everywhere are rejoicing.
Kansas St. WildcatsKansas City RoyalsGolden State WarriorsKansas City ChiefsDetroit Red Wings
2016 Stucknut Member of the Year

Steve in HTown

• -Admin-
    • stucknut
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 07:23:50 am »
Crippled and retarded people everywhere are rejoicing.

are you?
Texas LonghornsHouston AstrosHouston RocketsCleveland Browns

Beavis in KC

• -Nutter-
  • What the fvck are you looking at?
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 07:31:01 am »
I'm not the one using handicapped parking because I'm fat, tubby.
Kansas St. WildcatsKansas City RoyalsGolden State WarriorsKansas City ChiefsDetroit Red Wings
2016 Stucknut Member of the Year

Outlaw

• -Nutter-
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2019, 07:38:37 am »
Next, the NFL will change the name of the PUP (physically unable to perform) list so as not to offend men with erectile dysfunction.
Chicago CubsChicago BearsChicago Blackhawks

Dog

• -Nutter-
  • The Anti-Nutter
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2019, 11:26:13 am »
Next, the NFL will change the name of the PUP (physically unable to perform) list so as not to offend men with erectile dysfunction.

I'm sorry you were offended.
Boise St. BroncosChicago CubsBoston CelticsMiami Dolphins

rocket625

• Go Raiders
  • -Member-
  • Rip Curl
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2019, 12:26:48 pm »
Can you still say "he looks a bit gimpy" after a play still?    :popcorn :popcorn :popcorn
UCSB GauchosLos Angeles DodgersLos Angeles LakersOakland RaidersLos Angeles Kings

Outlaw

• -Nutter-
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2019, 12:44:34 pm »
Is it still socially acceptable to refer to a fighter as being on "Queer Street" when he staggers around the ring after taking a vicious hit?  :popcorn :lol
Chicago CubsChicago BearsChicago Blackhawks

handsomebrady65

• handsomebrady65
    • brady_baylis
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2019, 08:52:14 am »
As a boxing fan of nearly 60 years-as an eight-year-old, I watched the ill-fated Mar. 24,1962 Emile Griffith-Benny "Kid" Paret World Welterweight Title bout with my father-Paret,who dropped Griffith in Round Six,was himself knocked out by Griffith in the twelfth as ref Ruby Goldstein,himself a former Lightweight contender in the Dirty Thirties ,failed to halt Griffith's at least two-dozen-punch fusillade before Paret,who died Apr. 3,1962,of brain injuries inflicted by the beating,slumped to the canvas- I haven't heard "Queer Street" used to describe a woozy boxer's condition since the 80's .
Texas LonghornsDetroit TigersDetroit PistonsDetroit LionsDetroit Red Wings

Justin NoCal

• Dickpuss Penegor, PhD.
  • Mod
  • leave the gun, take the cannolis
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2019, 09:28:21 am »
As a boxing fan of nearly 60 years-as an eight-year-old, I watched the ill-fated Mar. 24,1962 Emile Griffith-Benny "Kid" Paret World Welterweight Title bout with my father-Paret,who dropped Griffith in Round Six,was himself knocked out by Griffith in the twelfth as ref Ruby Goldstein,himself a former Lightweight contender in the Dirty Thirties ,failed to halt Griffith's at least two-dozen-punch fusillade before Paret,who died Apr. 3,1962,of brain injuries inflicted by the beating,slumped to the canvas- I haven't heard "Queer Street" used to describe a woozy boxer's condition since the 80's .

No one fvcking cares
California Golden BearsSan Francisco GiantsSacramento KingsWashington Redskins
Elevate, excavate, eliminate.

handsomebrady65

• handsomebrady65
    • brady_baylis
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2019, 09:36:38 am »
Justin NoCal,that's because I doubt if you were born before Mar. 24,1962.Had you been and viewed that tragic bout,as I did,you'd never forget it.

VicNocal

• NFL Pool Champ
  • -Member-
  • My brand > Your brand
    • vicnocal
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2019, 09:49:04 am »

Griffith was a peterpuffer
California Golden BearsChicago BullsChicago Bears
Invariably this Wednesday when I go to Chic Fil A, the woman will ask if the money I left on the counter is mine, and I'll smile and say, "No its yours". - B.P. in Houston

handsomebrady65

• handsomebrady65
    • brady_baylis
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2019, 10:10:26 am »
I know.In fact,the enmity between Griifth and Paret stemmed from Paret's calling Griffith a "maricon," Spanish for homosexual .( Griffith was in fact bisexual,and a few years before his passing was victimized by a homophobic hate crime outside a gay bathhouse.) Homophobia was three generations ago,and to no small part today is strong in Latin machismo culture. Griffith,upon hearing Paret's slur,said,"I hate Paret so much,I hope I kill him," which unfortunately occurred. However,years later,in an act of extraordinary generosity of spirit, Paret's widow met and forgave Griffith for her husband's death

Stab

• Morally Flexible
  • -Nutter-
  • Stuck in the past, yet ahead of the game.
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2019, 10:11:42 am »
Justin NoCal,that's because I doubt if you were born before Mar. 24,1962.Had you been and viewed that tragic bout,as I did,you'd never forget it.
:lol never forgetting a boxing match between two schleps nobody has ever heard of before, or since.
Wisconsin BadgersMilwaukee BrewersMilwaukee BucksGreen Bay Packers
Not the worst. Not even close.

Justin NoCal

• Dickpuss Penegor, PhD.
  • Mod
  • leave the gun, take the cannolis
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2019, 10:42:51 am »
I'm about to DL this shitty thread
California Golden BearsSan Francisco GiantsSacramento KingsWashington Redskins
Elevate, excavate, eliminate.