Author Topic: U.Of Wyoming "Black 14" apology.  (Read 788 times)

handsomebrady65

• handsomebrady65
    • brady_baylis
U.Of Wyoming "Black 14" apology.
« on: September 18, 2019, 09:35:05 am »
Yesterday,the University of Wyoming finally formally apologized to the "Black 14," a group of African American football players who were dismissed from the team by their krakkker coach Lloyd Eaton for protesting the Cowboys' playing Brigham Young University,a Mormon school whose religion then prohibited black priests (and would until June 9,1978,the day after my father's 65th birthday)and racist slurs from BYU's all-white team.The upshot of this example of racism was that the Cowboys were bad for a quarter-century,as no black recruit would consider the U. Of Wyoming .
Texas LonghornsDetroit TigersDetroit PistonsDetroit LionsDetroit Red Wings

Outlaw

• -Nutter-
Re: U.Of Wyoming "Black 14" apology.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2019, 10:24:40 am »
Why is it common knowledge that Canada saved runaway slaves from the United States, but few know that Africans and Indigenous peoples were bought, sold and exploited in Canada?  :popcorn
Chicago CubsChicago BearsChicago Blackhawks

Club America

• Herding
  • -Tards-
  • Things get damaged, things get broken.
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2019, 10:28:46 am »
Canada repeatedly abused Indigenous peoples throughout its history.  A real disgrace.
Arkansas RazorbacksLos Angeles DodgersDenver BroncosColorado Avalanche
Kinder, gentler

Outlaw

• -Nutter-
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2019, 10:30:47 am »
Slavery is seldom featured in Canadian museums, except to extol the virtues of Canadians who helped runaways escaping north.

wireman

• -Nutter-
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2019, 11:01:53 am »
Canada has some 'splainin' to do.
North Carolina Tar HeelsOakland AthleticsSacramento KingsOakland RaidersCarolina Hurricanes
I may be drunk Miss but, in the morning I'll be sober & you'll still be ugly. W. Churchill

Outlaw

• -Nutter-
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2019, 11:39:38 am »
Quebec hockey league apologizes after racist taunts force black player from ice. Video footage shows fans climbing the boards and hurling racist insults at Diaby from behind the glass with one fan showing Diaby photos of a monkey on his phone.

Jonathan Diaby, a 24-year-old defenseman for Marquis de Jonquière of the Ligue Nord-Américaine de Hockey (LNAH), an independent league based in Quebec, said the abuse began after he received a penalty during the first period of Saturday’s game against Pétroliers du Nord in Saint-Jérôme, about 60km northwest of Montreal.

“Other people were saying: ‘You big ni##er,’ and ‘You baboon,’ telling my dad to go back home,” Diaby told CTV Montreal on Tuesday. “At one point I was in the penalty box and I pulled my shirt over my face because I was almost crying.”  The network reported that several fans surrounded Diaby’s family in the stands during the game, pushing his father and pouring beer on his girlfriend. >:(

Nice tolerant folks you got there in Canada Bardyboy.  :monkey2

El_Bastardo

• stucknut - join the alliance!
  • -Tards-
  • AmerISIS
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2019, 11:41:46 am »
Lol @ "whatabout" conservatives. Name anything shitty about conservative racist white people, and they immediately resort to...well whatabout blah blah blah...as if to justify, rationalize, and deflect from their own shittiness.
U.S.Gay

Club America

• Herding
  • -Tards-
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2019, 12:25:10 pm »
The other racist shows up... :lol
Kinder, gentler

El_Bastardo

• -Tards-
  • AmerISIS
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2019, 12:25:53 pm »
The other racist shows up... :lol
You were already here.
U.S.Gay

Club America

• Herding
  • -Tards-
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2019, 12:30:01 pm »
Kinder, gentler

Outlaw

• -Nutter-
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2019, 01:03:06 pm »
Look no further than your own backyard Bardyboy. From a recent CBC report:

From racial slurs to microaggressions, racism remains entrenched in Canadian society, and its root cause may reach further back than we think.

In Nova Scotia alone in recent years, there has been a cross-burning on the lawn of a mixed race couple, racist graffiti on the campaign signs of minority candidates in provincial elections and a noose tied to a black teacher's classroom door. 

Figures released last year revealed that hate crimes across the country rose for three years in a row, with crimes targeting black populations being the most common.

For historians like Afua Cooper at Dalhousie University in Halifax, these phenomena are all part of the legacy of slavery in colonial Canada.

Investigations of the Toronto and Halifax police forces found that African-Canadians are stopped and searched three times more often than white Canadians.  Some historians trace this trend back to slavery and segregation.

"Policing arose out of slave patrols," says Professor of Art History at McGill University, Charmaine Nelson. "Black people are being surveilled and over-policed and carded at a rate that is disproportionate to other people, especially white citizens."
  :popcorn

El_Bastardo

• -Tards-
  • AmerISIS
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2019, 01:03:54 pm »
lol @ but whatabout canada!  ::)
U.S.Gay

Outlaw

• -Nutter-
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2019, 01:10:32 pm »
lol @ but whatabout canada!  ::)
Let me enlighten you doofus. He keeps bitching about racism in the USA. Granted, the United States has a long and ugly history of racism but so does Bardy's host country. He should worry about cleaning up the inherrent racist mess in his own country instead of launching into his incoherent rants about racism and injustice in ours.

toolshed

• -Tards-
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2019, 01:14:04 pm »
Canada has like 10 black people in it
I am Yesus

El_Bastardo

• -Tards-
  • AmerISIS
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2019, 01:43:19 pm »
Let me enlighten you doofus. He keeps bitching about racism in the USA. Granted, the United States has a long and ugly history of racism but so does Bardy's host country. He should worry about cleaning up the inherrent racist mess in his own country instead of launching into his incoherent rants about racism and injustice in ours.
Lol that's called deflection, dipshit. Oh yes, Canada is a hotbed of wild uncontrolled racism. fvcking kkkanada!

If Canada was as racist as you want it to be conservatives would be moving there in droves.
U.S.Gay