Author Topic: College Hot Seat  (Read 217 times)

wireman

• -Nutter-
College Hot Seat
« on: September 24, 2019, 03:13:33 pm »
Four games (for most programs) into the college football season and some coaches are feeling the heat.  Some on the list will probably get another crack at it next season some however will be in the unemployment line either before or soon after seasons end.

Willie Taggart (FSU) - I was never sure about this hire to begin with.  He'd only been w/the Ducks for one season before going to Tallahassee as the Seminoles head man.  To say its been "meh" under his tenure is an understatement.  These aren't your dad's FSU teams but, w/all that talent in Florida you'd have to think that he could do something.   Currently sitting at 1-1 in conference (2-2) overall, they have a dicey schedule including back to back road games vs the defending champs in Clemson and a scoring machine in Wake Forest. A road trip in early Nov. to Boston College is no cake walk. 

Flames -🔥🔥🔥🔥/5

Jim Harbaugh (Michigan) - Oh boy.  That trouncing by Wiskey on Saturday said a lot Michigan (Johnathan Taylor is still running...).  Shea Patterson was supposed to be better this year; he ain't.  There's no running game to speak of and the defense is so, so.  But, Jim Harbaugh was supposed to win the B1G 10 beat tOSU and win nattys and and and he hasn't and they're not close.  He'll probably get another pass because my sources (:uhh) tell me that the boosters are satisfied w/mediocrity.

Flames -🔥🔥/5

Jeremy Pruitt - (Tennesee) - The Vols are a total mess right now and if they needed a game to get them back on track good luck.  After getting drubbed by the Gators this past Saturday; they get to go Georgia (yowzee!!!) and then 2 weeks later...'Bama.  They do get Mississippi St. in between but, they're by far a pushover @ 3-1.  Barring some miracle the Vols will have a losing record and the natives are very restless.

Flames - 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥/5

Clay Helton - (USC) - The rumblings have begun.  Urban Meyer as AD/head football coach?  He's doing a tv gig for FOX so it's not as if he's not available.  But, the play on the field hasn't been bad.  Yes, they lost starting qb J.T. Daniels as well as back Kedon Slovis but, 3rd stringer Matt Fink led them to victory over Utah and an inside (albeit early) track on the PAC-12 South title.  This could be a nothingburger.

Flames - 🔥/5

North Carolina Tar HeelsOakland AthleticsSacramento KingsOakland RaidersCarolina Hurricanes
I may be drunk Miss but, in the morning I'll be sober & you'll still be ugly. W. Churchill

handsomebrady65

• handsomebrady65
    • brady_baylis
Re: College Hot Seat
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 05:53:59 pm »
Fire JIM Harbaugh,hire JOHN Harbaugh !!!!!!
Texas LonghornsDetroit TigersDetroit PistonsDetroit LionsDetroit Red Wings

frankinhouston

• -Member-
  • Hello!
    • @harryhooper8
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2019, 07:27:42 pm »
Four games (for most programs) into the college football season and some coaches are feeling the heat.  Some on the list will probably get another crack at it next season some however will be in the unemployment line either before or soon after seasons end.

Willie Taggart (FSU) - I was never sure about this hire to begin with.  He'd only been w/the Ducks for one season before going to Tallahassee as the Seminoles head man.  To say its been "meh" under his tenure is an understatement.  These aren't your dad's FSU teams but, w/all that talent in Florida you'd have to think that he could do something.   Currently sitting at 1-1 in conference (2-2) overall, they have a dicey schedule including back to back road games vs the defending champs in Clemson and a scoring machine in Wake Forest. A road trip in early Nov. to Boston College is no cake walk. 

Flames -🔥🔥🔥🔥/5

Jim Harbaugh (Michigan) - Oh boy.  That trouncing by Wiskey on Saturday said a lot Michigan (Johnathan Taylor is still running...).  Shea Patterson was supposed to be better this year; he ain't.  There's no running game to speak of and the defense is so, so.  But, Jim Harbaugh was supposed to win the B1G 10 beat tOSU and win nattys and and and he hasn't and they're not close.  He'll probably get another pass because my sources (:uhh) tell me that the boosters are satisfied w/mediocrity.

Flames -🔥🔥/5

Jeremy Pruitt - (Tennesee) - The Vols are a total mess right now and if they needed a game to get them back on track good luck.  After getting drubbed by the Gators this past Saturday; they get to go Georgia (yowzee!!!) and then 2 weeks later...'Bama.  They do get Mississippi St. in between but, they're by far a pushover @ 3-1.  Barring some miracle the Vols will have a losing record and the natives are very restless.

Flames - 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥/5

Clay Helton - (USC) - The rumblings have begun.  Urban Meyer as AD/head football coach?  He's doing a tv gig for FOX so it's not as if he's not available.  But, the play on the field hasn't been bad.  Yes, they lost starting qb J.T. Daniels as well as back Kedon Slovis but, 3rd stringer Matt Fink led them to victory over Utah and an inside (albeit early) track on the PAC-12 South title.  This could be a nothingburger.

Flames - 🔥/5

nice take wire. good analysis.

f
Texas A&M AggiesHouston AstrosHouston RocketsHouston Texans

Justin NoCal

• FREE TUDO
  • -Nutter-
  • leave the gun, take the cannolis
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2019, 07:40:39 pm »
You had to quote the first post for that reply? You suck at this, frank.
California Golden BearsSan Francisco GiantsSacramento KingsWashington Redskins
Elevate, excavate, eliminate.

frankinhouston

• -Member-
  • Hello!
    • @harryhooper8
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2019, 07:47:51 pm »
You had to quote the first post for that reply? You suck at this, frank.

ohhhh yuts. try making a good poat yourself.

f
Texas A&M AggiesHouston AstrosHouston RocketsHouston Texans

Moodell

• International Brotherhood of Geniuses Local 163
  • -Nutter-
  • "Life is too serious to be taken seriously."
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2019, 08:15:19 pm »
As a lifelong Buckeye fan, I donít wanna see Harbaugh go anywhere.

Michigan :bananbang Ohio State
Ohio St. BuckeyesCleveland IndiansIndiana PacersIndianapolis ColtsColumbus Blue Jackets
Progressives gnaw away at the pillars of our society as if they were  termites chewing on wood.

handsomebrady65

• handsomebrady65
    • brady_baylis
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2019, 12:17:56 pm »
Moodell,Harbaugh (John,NOT Jim) should coach the Wolverines !!!
Texas LonghornsDetroit TigersDetroit PistonsDetroit LionsDetroit Red Wings