Jeff Luhnow, A.J. Hinch : Suspended for 2020 ,then fired by the Astros .

Author Topic: Jeff Luhnow, A.J. Hinch : Suspended for 2020 ,then fired by the Astros .  (Read 934 times)

handsomebrady65

• handsomebrady65
  • -Tards-
    • brady_baylis
About an hour after Commissioner Rob Manfred suspended them for the 2020 season,Astros owner Jim Crane fired GM Jeff Luhnow and Manager A.J. Hinch . The hugely unpopular Luhnow's career is likely done, but the much more respected (before the cheating scandal,anyway) Hinch may get another skipper post as early as next year . I can think of one team which should kick Hinch's tires in '21. ( I'll name the team later.)
Texas LonghornsDetroit TigersDetroit PistonsDetroit LionsDetroit Red Wings

Dog

• -Nutter-
  • Amanda is a fat girl name
Re: Jeff Luhnow, A.J. Hinch : Suspended for 2020 ,then fired by the Astros .
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 10:42:51 am »
Hinch may get another skipper post as early as next year . I can think of one team which should kick Hinch's tires in '21. ( I'll name the team later.)

The suspense in killing me.  :uhh
Boise St. BroncosChicago CubsBoston CelticsMiami Dolphins
The questions get more difficult

testudo

• Stucknut historian (y'all don't want this)
  • -Nutter-
  • Amberlamp Driver
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 11:00:47 am »
The suspense in killing me.  :uhh

:popcorn

Serious question..     Why is it even considered cheating or 'stealing' to relay a catcher's stupid hand signal to a batter?    How about coming up with a different way to give the signal?  How about a different signal for the pitches?   Why is this even a thing at all?

:lol @  beisbol. 

Maryland TerrapinsBaltimore OriolesWashington WizardsBaltimore RavensWashington Capitals

Boges

• qwnt
  • -Nutter-
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2020, 11:01:26 am »
They should wear headsets like in Fooseball.
Toronto Blue JaysMiami Dolphins
what?

testudo

• -Nutter-
  • Amberlamp Driver
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2020, 11:27:14 am »
They should wear headsets like in Fooseball.

Houston in a SCANDAL!!!!!!!!!!111!!!one!! 
SCANDALOUS
Maryland TerrapinsBaltimore OriolesWashington WizardsBaltimore RavensWashington Capitals

wireman

• -Nutter-
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2020, 11:28:34 am »
:popcorn

Serious question..     Why is it even considered cheating or 'stealing' to relay a catcher's stupid hand signal to a batter?    How about coming up with a different way to give the signal?  How about a different signal for the pitches?   Why is this even a thing at all?

:lol @  beisbol.
stealing signs is as old as a pitcher throwing a fastball into the ribs of a batter.
the problem is that @ home the 'Stros had a clear advantage by having the video room to relay the pitches to the dugout who then sent it to the coaches/batters.  it was said that Manfred warned them about it before but, they didn't stop.
I may be drunk Miss but, in the morning I'll be sober & you'll still be ugly. W. Churchill

testudo

• -Nutter-
  • Amberlamp Driver
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2020, 11:46:02 am »
stealing signs is as old as a pitcher throwing a fastball into the ribs of a batter.
the problem is that @ home the 'Stros had a clear advantage by having the video room to relay the pitches to the dugout who then sent it to the coaches/batters.  it was said that Manfred warned them about it before but, they didn't stop.

It's very difficult for me to see a problem with any of that.  I'd consider just throwing the fooking ball.  And the other guy trying to hit it.

All this other stuff seems strangley silly like beisbol in general.

rob in indy

• Galactic Viceroy of the Nuts
  • -Member-
    • realDonaldTrump
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2020, 01:43:45 pm »
It's very difficult for me to see a problem with any of that.  I'd consider just throwing the fooking ball.  And the other guy trying to hit it.

All this other stuff seems strangley silly like beisbol in general.

If you point a camera at the opposing team's catcher, you know what pitch is coming. If you know what pitch is coming, it's much easier to hit it. If it is easier for you to hit the ball, you're probably going to score more runs than the other team. If you score more runs than the other team, you win more games.

They cheated, simple as that. They should be punished for it. This isn't like have a runner on 2nd base peeking at the catcher's signs and making futile attempts to relay them to his teammate at bat. They rigged their home stadium with technology to gain an unfair advantage over the opposition. Hope this helps your understanding  :koolaid
Indiana HoosiersSeattle MarinersIndiana PacersIndianapolis ColtsTampa Bay Lightning

Dog

• -Nutter-
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2020, 01:52:55 pm »
If you point a camera at the opposing team's catcher, you know what pitch is coming. If you know what pitch is coming, it's much easier to hit it. If it is easier for you to hit the ball, you're probably going to score more runs than the other team. If you score more runs than the other team, you win more games.

They cheated, simple as that. They should be punished for it. This isn't like have a runner on 2nd base peeking at the catcher's signs and making futile attempts to relay them to his teammate at bat. They rigged their home stadium with technology to gain an unfair advantage over the opposition. Hope this helps your understanding  :koolaid

:lol  Tudo had to have it mansplained to him :lol

wireman

• -Nutter-
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2020, 01:59:14 pm »

the stats dont lie either.  i watched a clip of first take and max read some of the scores from the 2017 playoff against the yankees.  the scores @ home (LaStro's) were 2-1 and 2-1.  when they played in the bronx the yankees beat the brakes off of them (don't remember the scores) in each game.  when they went back to houston; the LaStro's won. 
I may be drunk Miss but, in the morning I'll be sober & you'll still be ugly. W. Churchill

Dog

• -Nutter-
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2020, 02:12:53 pm »
the stats dont lie either.  i watched a clip of first take and max read some of the scores from the 2017 playoff against the yankees.  the scores @ home (LaStro's) were 2-1 and 2-1.  when they played in the bronx the yankees beat the brakes off of them (don't remember the scores) in each game.  when they went back to houston; the LaStro's won.

Home field advantage, eh?

wireman

• -Nutter-
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2020, 02:24:08 pm »
Home field advantage, eh?
i guess my point is that the lack of the yankees run production while in houston lends itself to the fact of them stealing the signs.

Dog

• -Nutter-
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2020, 02:27:38 pm »
[sarcasm]Home field advantage, eh?[/sarcasm]

maybe that'll help

wireman

• -Nutter-

Justin NoCal

• FREE TUDO
  • Mod
  • leave the gun, take the cannolis
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2020, 03:26:43 pm »
What does the Yanks run production on the road have to do with anything?
California Golden BearsSan Francisco GiantsSacramento KingsWashington Redskins
Elevate, excavate, eliminate.