Guitar Gear Chatter

Author Topic: Guitar Gear Chatter  (Read 8292 times)

Jeff in Southfield

• -Member-
    • @schooldya
Guitar Gear Chatter
« on: January 18, 2020, 07:23:16 am »
        **I have expanded this thread to any and all guitar gear chatter**

If you walked into your local guitar store and came through the doorway to confetti, streamers, and them telling you, you're our millionth customer !!  You win $5,000 in gear !!  What are you picking?

I am starting with pedals.

EQD Hoof
EQD ToneReaper
ProAnalog Ascension
EHX Pog2
Lovepedal PurplePlexi Hi Gain
Suhr Riot Reloaded
Fulltone OCD 1.4
EQD Dunes
EQD Bows
Xotic EP booster
EHX Soul food

That's about $2,000.  Still $3,000 to spend.

:drink
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 09:10:41 am by Jeff in Southfield »
Detroit Lions

JungleSlayer

• Ima Mushroom Cloud Laying Mutha Fugger, Mutha Fugger.
  • -Nutter-
  • Strange and Unusual
Gibson Les Paul Custom Lefty 1973
$7,787.57+ $116.06 Shipping

I'll put the rest on a card.

1973 GIBSON LES PAUL CUSTOM Lefty,Black, Kalamazoo Made, EX+ code LH379 GIBSON LES PAUL CUSTOM Lefty,Black Finish, Gold Hardware, Ebony fingerboard, Mahogany neck, Kalamazoo Made, Original Frets in good conditions ready to play, Original Grovers tuners, Two Pat.Number Black Sticker pickups , Nice low action, as stated the guitar is very clean with only minor play wear and no weather checking. It comes with the original case.
New Mexico LobosTampa Bay RaysOrlando MagicTampa Bay BuccaneersTampa Bay Lightning

Steve in HTown

• -Admin-
    • stucknut
I would add a MusicMan StingRay bass to my collection, then give the rest to my son. Seems like every week he's hitting me up for another pedal.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 09:31:00 am by Steve in HTown »
Texas LonghornsMiami MarlinsSacramento KingsCleveland Browns

El_Bastardo

• stucknut - join the alliance!
  • -Tards-
  • AmerISIS
LOL
U.S.Gay

rob in indy

• Galactic Viceroy of the Nuts
  • -Member-
    • realDonaldTrump
Jungleslayer is pretty much correct - except alpine white. I've also always wanted an ES-335 but obviously now we're in the luxury tax :blush

Jeff whatcha need all those pedals for? All you should need is a good wah (Dunlop Crybaby), good delay (Deluxe Memory Man), and good overdrive (Ibanez TS808), ran thru with good cables into a nice Fender amp of your choosing (Twin Reverb) :koolaid
Indiana HoosiersSeattle MarinersIndiana PacersIndianapolis ColtsTampa Bay Lightning

JungleSlayer

• Ima Mushroom Cloud Laying Mutha Fugger, Mutha Fugger.
  • -Nutter-
  • Strange and Unusual
I wouldn't hate a phaser with that list rob  /s/ alex lifeson.  rip the professor
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 02:54:48 pm by JungleSlayer »
New Mexico LobosTampa Bay RaysOrlando MagicTampa Bay BuccaneersTampa Bay Lightning

Jeff in Southfield

• -Member-
    • @schooldya
Jungleslayer is pretty much correct - except alpine white. I've also always wanted an ES-335 but obviously now we're in the luxury tax :blush

Jeff whatcha need all those pedals for? All you should need is a good wah (Dunlop Crybaby), good delay (Deluxe Memory Man), and good overdrive (Ibanez TS808), ran thru with good cables into a nice Fender amp of your choosing (Twin Reverb) :koolaid

Partly because I have watched 8 billion YouTube videos demoing pedals and it just creates a craving.

Partly because I dig functional art and collecting, when a pedal has a combo of a cool tone, a cool name, and aesthetically pleasing graphic, and when they have personality from that combo, then they become irresistible.

Although the only three on my list that fall under that category are ToneReaper, Dunes and Bows.  The rest are ugly but they are great pedals. 

Some other cool pedals that are also amazing functional art are EQD's Interstellar Orbiter, EQD'S Erupter, and EQD's Talons.  That's just a few.

I am not into that Wah pedal sound, but to each his own, and the 808 is too lacking in bottom end for my taste, but I am just a house riffer so I can play a more bottom end sound without getting lost in the mix.  If I was in a band I see the value of the 808, tho think I would get EHX East River as it is a cheaper version of same circuit.

Gotta have fuzz pedals.

No point in having a tube amp as a house riffer, I can't play loud enough to saturate the tubes.  Like to buy a Katana 50 as it has a wattage attenuator down to 1 or .5 watt for house playing.  Right now I have a Vox mini 3 and buncha micro amps.

Although the Blackstar HT1 is a 1 watt tube amp that sounds great in many a demo.  Add that to my list.  Could probly play that at lower volumes.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 09:13:12 am by Jeff in Southfield »
Detroit Lions

Jeff in Southfield

• -Member-
    • @schooldya
Gibson Les Paul Custom Lefty 1973
$7,787.57+ $116.06 Shipping

I'll put the rest on a card.

I would've guessed you a Strat player.   

Were it not for the resale value I would say $7grand for a guitar is kinda crazy.  If I were a level 6 grand master of a player and also wealthy then maybe I spend a couple few grand for one instrument. 

« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 05:49:38 am by Jeff in Southfield »
Detroit Lions

Stab

• Morally Flexible
  • -Nutter-
  • 21x Back-to-Back Stucknut NFL Pool Champion.
Re: Guitar Gear Chatter
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2020, 07:05:34 am »
As a guy who owns just about every (style of) guitar that I have ever wanted, I don't really know what I would spend 5gr on...

I would prolly look for a double neck Gibson 1275 since I don't have any double neck geetars yet.

Wisconsin BadgersMilwaukee BrewersMilwaukee BucksGreen Bay Packers
Irregardless, it's a mute point anyways.

Ralph In Orlando

• Globetard Killer
  • -Nutter-
  • Its Real To Me
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2020, 07:12:02 am »
Ill sell whatever i get for a ring used rasslin belt.

Preferably the Big Gold or a Winged Eagle made by Reggie Parks
Duke Blue DevilsNew York MetsOrlando MagicNew York GiantsNew York Rangers
{:: - You Bark, I Bite - ::}

rob in indy

• -Member-
    • realDonaldTrump
Partly because I have watched 8 billion YouTube videos demoing pedals and it just creates a craving.

Partly because I dig functional art and collecting, when a pedal has a combo of a cool tone, a cool name, and aesthetically pleasing graphic, and when they have personality from that combo, then they become irresistible.

Although the only two on my list that fall under that category are Dunes and Bows.  The rest are ugly but they are great pedals. 

Some cool pedals that are also amazing functional art are EQD's Tone Reaper, EQD's Interstellar Orbiter, EQD'S Erupter, EQD's Talons.  That's just a few.

I am not into that Wah pedal sound, but to each his own, and the 808 is too lacking in bottom end for my taste, but I am just a house riffer so I can play a more bottom end sound without getting lost in the mix.  If I was in a band I see the value of the 808, tho think I would get EHX East River as it is a cheaper version of same circuit.

Gotta have fuzz pedals.

No point in having a tube amp as a house riffer, I can't play loud enough to saturate the tubes.  Like to buy a Katana 50 as it has a wattage attenuator down to 1 or .5 watt for house playing.  Right now I have a Vox mini 3 and buncha micro amps.

Although the Blackstar HT1 is a 1 watt tube amp that sounds great in many a demo.  Add that to my list.  Could probly play that at lower volumes.

Solid  :koolaid

I definitely understand where you're coming from Yeff, I used to just browse pedalgeek all the time looking at all the different pedals and finding the weirdest ones. EHX makes really aesthetically pleasing pedals. I've gotten close to buying some really niche boutique pedals before just to hear what the hell they do. Also I commend thee for living vicariously thru the Youtubes and not just willy nilly buying every pedal ye come across, there's something to be said for doing it that way

I can dig what you're saying about the wah pedal as well, I totally get that, and that point actually calls back to the idea of just buying lots of pedals. I've always shied away from buying those aforementioned unique pedals because of the limited use I might find out of them so I've just always determined that the money I'd spend is better spent elsewhere

and that also leads into the house riffer problem. I'm not trying to noise pollute or get my neighbors pissed off at me. That's why I sold my 1981 Fender Twin Reverb. It was a mistake looking back on it, I wish I still had it, I'd certainly play my electric guitars more. But it's like 85/135 wattage or something ridiculous. I could've played Woodstock with it. Now on the rare occasion that I get my strat out I have a little micro amp like you mentioned, but it's a piece of shit tbh.

I will check out that Blackstar that you mentioned, that sounds pretty nice  :koolaid
Indiana HoosiersSeattle MarinersIndiana PacersIndianapolis ColtsTampa Bay Lightning

El_Bastardo

• stucknut - join the alliance!
  • -Tards-
  • AmerISIS
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2020, 11:58:43 am »
Blackstar amps are fvcking garbage. You should definitely buy one.
U.S.Gay

rob in indy

• -Member-
    • realDonaldTrump
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2020, 12:00:00 pm »
Ill sell whatever i get for a ring used rasslin belt.

Preferably the Big Gold or a Winged Eagle made by Reggie Parks

You might be in the luxury tax if we're talking a 5 gr limit as the thread OP implies, those belts are not fvckin cheap! $6500 for an authentic Fiend belt, which is absolutely fvcking absurd considering it's just a hunk of plastic

https://shop.wwe.com/the-fiend-bray-wyatt-custom-title/the-fiend-bray-wyatt-custom-title.html

Snakeeyes

• Fair & Balanced.
  • -Nutter-
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2020, 12:01:59 pm »
You might be in the luxury tax if we're talking a 5 gr limit as the thread OP implies, those belts are not fvckin cheap! $6500 for an authentic Fiend belt, which is absolutely fvcking absurd considering it's just a hunk of plastic

https://shop.wwe.com/the-fiend-bray-wyatt-custom-title/the-fiend-bray-wyatt-custom-title.html

JFC.  Dude would have to sell his whole trailer to get that.
Colorado St. RamsColorado RockiesDenver NuggetsBuffalo BillsBuffalo Sabres
"I took all the same classes as you at a much bigger D1 school."  :lol

Hedstrom

• -Nutter-
  • Born and Raised in South Detroit
    • hedstrombacon
    • @hedstrombacon
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2020, 12:04:38 pm »
Miami DolphinsCalgary Flames