Another shitteh idea.

Author Topic: Another shitteh idea.  (Read 326 times)

Ralph In Orlando

• Globetard Killer
  • -Nutter-
  • Its Real To Me
Another shitteh idea.
« on: January 27, 2020, 01:24:27 pm »
I havent heard this idea anywhere before. I know there alot of pitfalls and risks, but yall will indulge me....

Say Mookie Betts signed a 10 year contract today starting the 2021 season and his expiring contract is traded to a desperate team, effectively a true 100% rental. He could help another team win the WS, and then go back to Boston.

I know. Its got more holes in it than swiss cheese..... but it could work at the trade deadline if Boston is out of contention and wont win the WS.... I doubt they would want to face him in the WS.

Can a player even have contracts like that or so they automatically extend?

Duke Blue DevilsNew York MetsOrlando MagicNew York GiantsNew York Rangers
{:: - You Bark, I Bite - ::}

Dog

• -Nutter-
  • Amanda is a fat girl name
Re: Another shitteh idea.
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2020, 01:26:26 pm »
Basically a futures contract?

This isn't Wall Street.
Boise St. BroncosChicago CubsBoston CelticsMiami Dolphins
I just have to focus all my efforts on doing what I can in my world at fixing the blown-out crater that this administration has left as our country.

rob in indy

• Galactic Viceroy of the Nuts
  • -Member-
    • realDonaldTrump
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2020, 01:30:34 pm »
Interesting idea ralps  :koolaid

I know there are loans in soccer/football but aren't those typically just used for developmental purposes? What would Boston get out of the deal if Mookie went elsewhere for a season? edit: I can't imagine the Sawks being too thrilled with the idea of their franchise, once in a generational talent going elsewhere with the possibilty of suffering an injury while serving another club

signed a 10 year contract today starting the 2021 season and his expiring contract is traded

a little confused by what you said in the quote above, isn't his old contract null and void once he signs a new deal?
Indiana HoosiersIndiana PacersIndianapolis Colts

Club America

• Rack the Trolls
  • Things get damaged, things get broken.
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2020, 02:49:36 pm »
That turns the integrity of the league into pretty much a full on hrose bet.

Hell no.
Arkansas RazorbacksLos Angeles DodgersDenver BroncosColorado Avalanche
Like Fr. Ciszek, I understood that I was dealing with highly skilled sociopaths, men unencumbered by consciences.