The 'Green' Energy Scam

Author Topic: The 'Green' Energy Scam  (Read 230 times)

Beavis in KC

• -Nutter-
  • What the fvck are you looking at?
The 'Green' Energy Scam
« on: May 03, 2020, 11:27:07 am »
Below is a link to the trailer of 'Planet of the Humans' from Executive Producer Michael Moore:

It is a scathing documentary on the 'Clean' energy industry.  It is interesting if you have the time and these days, who doesn't?  Below is the link to the whole movie:

Not surprisingly, Liberals want it banned.

:lol
Kansas St. WildcatsKansas City RoyalsKansas City ChiefsDetroit Red Wings
2016 Stucknut Member of the Year

Dog

• -Nutter-
  • Amanda is a fat girl name
Re: The 'Green' Energy Scam
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2020, 06:36:18 pm »
How did you feel about Michael Moore's other documentaries?    He always seemed like a liberal mouthpiece, so I'm amused by this dichotomy.  I'll definitely watch it, but I always felt he masqueraded behind a righteous, do gooder persona while making money distorting the truth.
Boise St. BroncosChicago CubsBoston CelticsMiami Dolphins
The questions get more difficult

Stab

• Morally Flexible
  • -Nutter-
  • 21x Back-to-Back Stucknut NFL Pool Champion.
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2020, 07:38:19 pm »
Seemed interesting.

But I fell asleep about half way through.

I'm assuming everyone dies in the end, right?
Wisconsin BadgersMilwaukee BrewersMilwaukee BucksGreen Bay Packers
Irregardless, it's a mute point anyways.

rocket625

• Go Raiders
  • -Member-
  • Rip Curl
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2020, 08:21:43 pm »
this is nice and depressing but AOC said we have less than nine years to live.  why bother to save energy. only paying all your hard earned money to a communist government can save us.  :koolaid
UCSB GauchosLos Angeles DodgersLos Angeles LakersOakland RaidersLos Angeles Kings

Joe in EastVan

• If you read this, you're gay!
  • -Nutter-
  • Genesis 19:30-35
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2020, 10:35:55 pm »

Beavis in KC

• -Nutter-
  • What the fvck are you looking at?
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2020, 07:55:09 am »
How did you feel about Michael Moore's other documentaries?    He always seemed like a liberal mouthpiece, so I'm amused by this dichotomy.  I'll definitely watch it, but I always felt he masqueraded behind a righteous, do gooder persona while making money distorting the truth.

I watched parts of 'Roger and Me' and 'Bowling for Columbine' but the topics weren't really that interesting to me when they came out.  They also seemed all about Michael Moore.  This documentary didn't have Moore in it at all as he was just the Executive Producer.  The leg work was done by SkyNews Australia.
Kansas St. WildcatsKansas City RoyalsKansas City ChiefsDetroit Red Wings
2016 Stucknut Member of the Year

Boges

• qwnt
  • -Nutter-
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2020, 08:52:34 am »
Like with anything, the further you get to the extreme side of an argument, the less sense you make.

People who think we can replace our energy demands with Wind farms and solar panels are deluding themselves. The land and resources it requires would make it just as bad as with the Oil industry.

We could actually approach a lower carbon world if societies embraced new/safer Nuclear technologies but people don't want that either because of isolated incidents in the past few decades.

Ultimately the private sector will move away from fossil fuels because there's a demand for alternatives.

The use of Natural Gas for much of our electricity is a good step in the right direction, despite 45 saying he wanted to bring Coal Back.
Toronto Blue JaysMiami Dolphins
what?

Dog

• -Nutter-
  • Amanda is a fat girl name
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2020, 11:47:46 am »
Like with anything, the further you get to the extreme side of an argument, the less sense you make.

People who think we can replace our energy demands with Wind farms and solar panels are deluding themselves. The land and resources it requires would make it just as bad as with the Oil industry.

We could actually approach a lower carbon world if societies embraced new/safer Nuclear technologies but people don't want that either because of isolated incidents in the past few decades.

Ultimately the private sector will move away from fossil fuels because there's a demand for alternatives.

The use of Natural Gas for much of our electricity is a good step in the right direction, despite 45 saying he wanted to bring Coal Back.

In my mind, the only way a completely green energy environment would work is if every single building was a net zero consumer.  Each house, office, corporate building would have to provide their own generation for their own use.  Houses could use solar panels and battery storage (when technology advances), while corporations can use other forms of generation (which depending on the required load, could still wind up being natural gas or other natural resource fueled generation).

Nuclear is clean...until you get to the waste product.  Still an issue to be figured out.
Boise St. BroncosChicago CubsBoston CelticsMiami Dolphins
The questions get more difficult

rocket625

• Go Raiders
  • -Member-
  • Rip Curl
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2020, 12:05:45 pm »

You can replace much of the car motor fuel with solar and wind. You can replace shipping with sail power. BUT you can't replace things like fertilizer and plastics with solar. 

Oil is not going away anytime soon.
UCSB GauchosLos Angeles DodgersLos Angeles LakersOakland RaidersLos Angeles Kings

Boges

• qwnt
  • -Nutter-
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2020, 12:09:35 pm »
Nuclear is clean...until you get to the waste product.  Still an issue to be figured out.

Apparently there are plants now that can even use the energy of spent fuel rods to generate electricity.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/news/2016/09/leslie-dewan-explorer-moments-nuclear-energy/
what?

Boges

• qwnt
  • -Nutter-
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2020, 12:10:55 pm »
You can replace much of the car motor fuel with solar and wind. You can replace shipping with sail power. BUT you can't replace things like fertilizer and plastics with solar. 

Oil is not going away anytime soon.

No it's not, but it's a finite resource and if we can move away from using it to heat/cool our homes and get from Point A to B, that help not using it all up.
what?