Anyone remember this segment?

Author Topic: Anyone remember this segment?  (Read 77 times)

peetzabone

Anyone remember this segment?
« on: October 12, 2020, 04:23:30 pm »
Would have been sometime 1999-2003 I think?

It was something like this:
Rome: "Let's go to the phones. Bill in Las Vegas. Welcome to the program, Bill"
Bill: "Hey Jim. This is Bill in Las Vegas..."
<BUZZZZER>
Rome: "You don't start your take with who you are. I already announced you. This is not amateur hour. Let's try again. Frank in Detroit. Go ahead, Frank. What's happening?"
Frank: "Thanks for the vine, Jim. This is Frank from Detroit..."
<BUZZZZER>
Rome: "Very funny Frank. Loser. You waited 1 hour and 23 minutes to get run. Nice job"

Now Rome was PISSED. He was ranting and seemed legit angry. But for the audience it was like a substitute teacher going irate and we were all driving around, listening the radio and giggling... waiting to hear what was next...

Rome: "We'll try this one more time. And we're going to go to Steve in Reseda.And Steve.. you BETTER not self-announce. Once again. This is STEVE in RESEDA. Go ahead, Steve..."
Steve: "This is Steve in Reseda, Jim"

I was HOWLING. Rome went ballistic.

I'm sure my memory isn't 100% and I'm exaggerating but I remember finding it hilarious. Anyone else tuned in that day?

Club America

• Rack the Trolls
  • Things get damaged, things get broken.
Re: Anyone remember this segment?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2020, 06:36:09 pm »
Bman special...... :lol
Arkansas RazorbacksLos Angeles DodgersDenver BroncosColorado Avalanche
Kinder, gentler

frankinhouston

• -Member-
  • Hello!
    • @harryhooper8
Re: Anyone remember this segment?
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2020, 07:28:05 pm »
Would have been sometime 1999-2003 I think?

It was something like this:
Rome: "Let's go to the phones. Bill in Las Vegas. Welcome to the program, Bill"
Bill: "Hey Jim. This is Bill in Las Vegas..."
<BUZZZZER>
Rome: "You don't start your take with who you are. I already announced you. This is not amateur hour. Let's try again. Frank in Detroit. Go ahead, Frank. What's happening?"
Frank: "Thanks for the vine, Jim. This is Frank from Detroit..."
<BUZZZZER>
Rome: "Very funny Frank. Loser. You waited 1 hour and 23 minutes to get run. Nice job"

Now Rome was PISSED. He was ranting and seemed legit angry. But for the audience it was like a substitute teacher going irate and we were all driving around, listening the radio and giggling... waiting to hear what was next...

Rome: "We'll try this one more time. And we're going to go to Steve in Reseda.And Steve.. you BETTER not self-announce. Once again. This is STEVE in RESEDA. Go ahead, Steve..."
Steve: "This is Steve in Reseda, Jim"

I was HOWLING. Rome went ballistic.

I'm sure my memory isn't 100% and I'm exaggerating but I remember finding it hilarious. Anyone else tuned in that day?

nice reset.

f
Texas A&M AggiesHouston AstrosHouston RocketsHouston Texans