Living Colour's Cult of Personality and other gracefully aging musicians

Author Topic: Living Colour's Cult of Personality and other gracefully aging musicians  (Read 388 times)

rob in indy

• the last person to board the Titanic
  • -Nutter-
  • FYBM
    • TuckerCarlson
any other band aged this gracefully? this song is older than me and they still perform it at studio quality

these dudes still got it

Indiana HoosiersIndiana PacersIndianapolis Colts

Stab

• Influencer
  • -Nutter-
  • SMASH teh Rack Em SUBSCRIBE to my Newsletter
any other band aged this gracefully? this song is older than me and they still perform it at studio quality

these dudes still got it

Yes, good song. And this was a killer version.

Unfortunately, this was really the only good song they had. That's why, some 35 years after it was released, you still can't name another Living Colour song.

Vernon Reid was a shredder though.

+1
Wake Forest Demon DeaconsMilwaukee BrewersCharlotte HornetsGreen Bay PackersCarolina Hurricanes
I was the strongest guy in the gym at my university rec center, and this was at a bigger D-1 school, bitch.

VicNocal

• NFL Pool Champ
  • -Member-
  • My brand > Your brand
    • NocalVic
Need more brothas in rock. Unfortunately, most of them choose the path of that low IQ retard rap "music".
Hell, in many ways, the brothas sorta invented rock music. Ask Marty McFly.

California Golden BearsChicago BullsChicago Bears
Invariably this Wednesday when I go to Chic Fil A, the woman will ask if the money I left on the counter is mine, and I'll smile and say, "No its yours". - B.P. in Houston

rob in indy

• -Nutter-
  • FYBM
    • TuckerCarlson
Yes, good song. And this was a killer version.

Unfortunately, this was really the only good song they had. That's why, some 35 years after it was released, you still can't name another Living Colour song.

Vernon Reid was a shredder though.

+1

one of the really interesting things about Vernon Reid's playing is he completely goes away with economy picking for his solos, when he proves he can economy pick during the main riffs... it's an interesting stylistic choice, his wrist is only flexible when he wants it to be

edit: forgot to mention it reminded me of SRV never using his pinky
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 09:20:35 pm by rob in indy »

rob in indy

• -Nutter-
  • FYBM
    • TuckerCarlson
Need more brothas in rock. Unfortunately, most of them choose the path of that low IQ retard rap "music".

that was great. never really listened to them before but jesus that guy has a fukin voice

Club America

• Rack the Trolls
  • “Only a fool allows his enemy to educate his child

That's tasty. :koolaid

I bet Marjorie listens to them.  :lol
Arkansas RazorbacksLos Angeles DodgersDenver BroncosColorado Avalanche
Like Fr. Ciszek, I understood that I was dealing with highly skilled sociopaths, men unencumbered by consciences.