fvcking California

Author Topic: fvcking California  (Read 367 times)

Beavis in KC

• -Nutter-
  • What the fvck are you looking at?
fvcking California
« on: June 20, 2021, 07:52:52 pm »
From the Wall Street Journal:

California finally opened up on June 15. We can actually set foot inside stores and restaurants without having to wear a mask. Freedom! And it’s about time. More than 70% of California adults have at least one vaccine jab. The state’s seven-day average number of daily coronavirus cases is down 98% from its peak in January. Herds can romp. It’s over—except, well, Gov. Gavin Newsom will keep his emergency powers.

In case he changes his mind about reopening, I made a trip to Trader Joe’s to stock up on Ultra Chocolate ice cream. And yes, I see the irony of buying the least healthy item in a store stocked with expensive organic bruised bananas and dairy-free cashew cheese alternative mozzarella-style shreds. The parking lot was practically a showroom for Teslas and Prii.

I counted 50 shoppers, 49 masked. Did these people not get the unmasking memo? I was the only one not wearing a mask, and I was loving it. California is operating on an honor system, and though I’m fully vaxxed, I wish I weren’t. That very same day, Mr. Newsom was at Disneyland doling out $1.5 million prizes (taxpayer money) to 10 winners of a California vaccine lottery. That beats President Biden’s “Get a shot and have a beer.” Lesson learned: Next pandemic, I wait to get paid.

Maybe those 49 maskers haven’t yet been vaccinated? The adage is: To find the next measles outbreak, find towns with Whole Foods supermarkets. Those places usually have high concentrations of antivaxxers. That adage could probably apply to Trader Joe’s, too.

But this vaccine is different. Statistics suggest red-staters are the ones declining the Covid-19 vaccines, not the usual dissidents inspired by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. I’d bet good money all 49 of my fellow shoppers are topped up with vaccine-induced antibodies. So who exactly are they protecting? Me? Thanks but no thanks.

As I made my way past the wild arugula and baby spinach—the rabbit-food section—I noticed many shoppers giving me the stink eye. But c’mon, it’s not like I had 11 items in the express line. I don’t think anyone was smiling at me under a mask, though I was beaming ear to ear. Freedom feels good.

What bizarro world had I entered? Mask mandates were over, and yet here I was in some weird anxiety zone for the masked who continue to feel they are in perpetual danger. It was as if I were sullying some sacred pure-living temple by breathing freely. Were these 49 shoppers simply Linuses unwilling to let go of their security blankets? Or were they more like robotic Stepford wives, preprogrammed and obedient? I will admit to mumbling “sheep” and “lemmings” and other things under my breath.

At checkout, my iPhone’s Apple Pay worked for once, recognizing my maskless mug—some needed normalcy. Since Trader Joe’s Joe-Joe’s, their fake Oreos, taste like old socks, I was off to Safeway for the real Double Stuf. Sure enough, I was the only unmasked person there, too. Buying Oreos takes me a while because I am always fascinated by the different flavors: Golden, Birthday Cake, Carrot Cake (really?). I’ve even heard of limited-edition “cheerful vegan flavor” Lady Gaga-inspired Oreos. More like gag-gag. I stare at the choices but always get mint, especially this year, since those enterprising Girl Scouts didn’t come around with my Thin Mints, despite their 15-million-box surplus.

Returning to normal is going to take a while. Maybe the Trader Joe’s shoppers are actually saving the planet, and I should be grateful. Or maybe, like Japan, masks are here to stay as a sign that we care about others. That’s OK. Do what you want. Just stop giving stink eye to the rest of us.

Kansas St. WildcatsKansas City RoyalsKansas City ChiefsDetroit Red Wings
2016 Stucknut Member of the Year

J - Dog

• -Member-
Re: fvcking California
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2021, 08:09:22 pm »
STFU Idiot. Nobody is reading all that.
Go suck a dick off, watch a re-run of Matlock and eat your green Jello fvcktwat.
Nobody likes you either.
Washington St. CougarsSeattle MarinersPortland Trail BlazersSeattle Seahawks

Dog

• -Nutter-
  • Amanda is a fat girl name
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2021, 09:46:05 pm »
TL:DR

also, stfu J-Dog.
Boise St. BroncosChicago CubsBoston CelticsMiami Dolphins
I just have to focus all my efforts on doing what I can in my world at fixing the blown-out crater that this administration has left as our country.

frankinhouston

• -Member-
  • Hello!
    • @harryhooper8
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2021, 10:07:49 pm »
dayam beavis, take your meds.

f
Texas A&M AggiesHouston AstrosHouston RocketsHouston Texans

Bagels

• Don Postwhoreleone
  • -Nutter-
  • How u durrrrin?
    • Mikeinthaville
    • @mikeybagels1
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2021, 10:20:02 pm »
Well the retards who don't get it have chimed in...

...and Dog :koolaid
Auburn TigersAtlanta BravesMemphis GrizzliesTennessee TitansNashville Predators
Used to be we were all fvcking post whores.  Didn't matter what the topic was, we whored the fvck out of it.

Club America

• Rack the Trolls
  • “Only a fool allows his enemy to educate his child
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2021, 05:48:05 am »
 :lol
Arkansas RazorbacksLos Angeles DodgersDenver BroncosColorado Avalanche
Like Fr. Ciszek, I understood that I was dealing with highly skilled sociopaths, men unencumbered by consciences.

handsomecoverboybrady

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2021, 08:34:38 am »
Frank,you should tell Beavis to get off his crack,coke and meth .

Club America

• Rack the Trolls
  • “Only a fool allows his enemy to educate his child
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2021, 09:24:04 am »
Frank,you should tell Beavis to get off his crack,coke and meth .

You first
Arkansas RazorbacksLos Angeles DodgersDenver BroncosColorado Avalanche
Like Fr. Ciszek, I understood that I was dealing with highly skilled sociopaths, men unencumbered by consciences.

handsomecoverboybrady

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2021, 08:24:50 am »
I'd take ANY California buxom blonde .

Stab

• Influencer
  • -Nutter-
  • SMASH teh Rack Em SUBSCRIBE to my Newsletter
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2021, 06:57:36 pm »
From the Wall Street Journal:

California finally opened up on June 15. We can actually set foot inside stores and restaurants without having to wear a mask. Freedom! And it’s about time. More than 70% of California adults have at least one vaccine jab. The state’s seven-day average number of daily coronavirus cases is down 98% from its peak in January. Herds can romp. It’s over—except, well, Gov. Gavin Newsom will keep his emergency powers.

In case he changes his mind about reopening, I made a trip to Trader Joe’s to stock up on Ultra Chocolate ice cream. And yes, I see the irony of buying the least healthy item in a store stocked with expensive organic bruised bananas and dairy-free cashew cheese alternative mozzarella-style shreds. The parking lot was practically a showroom for Teslas and Prii.

I counted 50 shoppers, 49 masked. Did these people not get the unmasking memo? I was the only one not wearing a mask, and I was loving it. California is operating on an honor system, and though I’m fully vaxxed, I wish I weren’t. That very same day, Mr. Newsom was at Disneyland doling out $1.5 million prizes (taxpayer money) to 10 winners of a California vaccine lottery. That beats President Biden’s “Get a shot and have a beer.” Lesson learned: Next pandemic, I wait to get paid.

Maybe those 49 maskers haven’t yet been vaccinated? The adage is: To find the next measles outbreak, find towns with Whole Foods supermarkets. Those places usually have high concentrations of antivaxxers. That adage could probably apply to Trader Joe’s, too.

But this vaccine is different. Statistics suggest red-staters are the ones declining the Covid-19 vaccines, not the usual dissidents inspired by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. I’d bet good money all 49 of my fellow shoppers are topped up with vaccine-induced antibodies. So who exactly are they protecting? Me? Thanks but no thanks.

As I made my way past the wild arugula and baby spinach—the rabbit-food section—I noticed many shoppers giving me the stink eye. But c’mon, it’s not like I had 11 items in the express line. I don’t think anyone was smiling at me under a mask, though I was beaming ear to ear. Freedom feels good.

What bizarro world had I entered? Mask mandates were over, and yet here I was in some weird anxiety zone for the masked who continue to feel they are in perpetual danger. It was as if I were sullying some sacred pure-living temple by breathing freely. Were these 49 shoppers simply Linuses unwilling to let go of their security blankets? Or were they more like robotic Stepford wives, preprogrammed and obedient? I will admit to mumbling “sheep” and “lemmings” and other things under my breath.

At checkout, my iPhone’s Apple Pay worked for once, recognizing my maskless mug—some needed normalcy. Since Trader Joe’s Joe-Joe’s, their fake Oreos, taste like old socks, I was off to Safeway for the real Double Stuf. Sure enough, I was the only unmasked person there, too. Buying Oreos takes me a while because I am always fascinated by the different flavors: Golden, Birthday Cake, Carrot Cake (really?). I’ve even heard of limited-edition “cheerful vegan flavor” Lady Gaga-inspired Oreos. More like gag-gag. I stare at the choices but always get mint, especially this year, since those enterprising Girl Scouts didn’t come around with my Thin Mints, despite their 15-million-box surplus.

Returning to normal is going to take a while. Maybe the Trader Joe’s shoppers are actually saving the planet, and I should be grateful. Or maybe, like Japan, masks are here to stay as a sign that we care about others. That’s OK. Do what you want. Just stop giving stink eye to the rest of us.
I don't think I have ever been to a Trader Joe's.

But,  the Ultra Chocolate Ice Cream has my interest.

I wonder what really makes it "ultra"?
Wake Forest Demon DeaconsMilwaukee BrewersCharlotte HornetsGreen Bay PackersCarolina Hurricanes
I was the strongest guy in the gym at my university rec center, and this was at a bigger D-1 school, bitch.