What is happening to the show?

Author Topic: What is happening to the show?  (Read 768 times)

BransenR82

• 20 year old clone from Ohio
What is happening to the show?
« on: July 22, 2021, 08:46:01 pm »
I’ve been disappointed with the show since Jim came back from vaca. The Beef segment is gone, Adam hawk is fired and Jim just won’t talk about him. And the whole show just has a weird vibe to it. Thoughts?
Ohio St. BuckeyesSan Diego PadresCleveland CavaliersChicago BearsColumbus Blue Jackets

Club America

• Rack the Trolls
  • “Only a fool allows his enemy to educate his child
Re: What is happening to the show?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2021, 08:49:10 pm »
Arkansas RazorbacksLos Angeles DodgersDenver BroncosColorado Avalanche
Like Fr. Ciszek, I understood that I was dealing with highly skilled sociopaths, men unencumbered by consciences.

Steve in HTown

• -Admin-
    • stucknut
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2021, 09:04:36 pm »
It is weird. But the last few months he was leading up to the Smackoff, then took his 1st 2 week vaca and killed momentum. Avoiding the Hawk topic is annoying. Now he's gonna take another 2 weeks. Not sure how long it will take to regain traction.
Texas LonghornsLos Angeles DodgersLos Angeles LakersCleveland Browns

Club America

• Rack the Trolls
  • “Only a fool allows his enemy to educate his child
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2021, 06:15:00 am »

Arkansas RazorbacksLos Angeles DodgersDenver BroncosColorado Avalanche
Like Fr. Ciszek, I understood that I was dealing with highly skilled sociopaths, men unencumbered by consciences.

VicNocal

• NFL Pool Champ
  • -Member-
  • My brand > Your brand
    • NocalVic
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2021, 09:43:40 am »
The 2021 Smackoff has apparently been memory-holed too, like it never even happened.

Rome goes on about "Thank you guys who take the time to contribute that day and keep that thing going, I really appreciate it" but he can't take one segment to talk about it?  No callers wanted to call in and talk about it, after some of them were making videos with their predictions in the days leading up to it?  Really?
California Golden BearsChicago BullsChicago Bears
Invariably this Wednesday when I go to Chic Fil A, the woman will ask if the money I left on the counter is mine, and I'll smile and say, "No its yours". - B.P. in Houston

warren

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2021, 10:55:12 am »
Something is going on. Between acting like the Smackoff never existed this year and like Adam Hawk never existed.... Taking zero calls over the last two weeks about the Smackoff or Adam. It's the definition of a triple U. I'm gonna take a break from listening and check back in sometime in the future to see if Producer Tom makes the show better. For now, I'm turned off by whatever it is Jim is doing.

frankinhouston

• -Member-
  • Hello!
    • @harryhooper8
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2021, 06:28:27 pm »
The 2021 Smackoff has apparently been memory-holed too, like it never even happened.

Rome goes on about "Thank you guys who take the time to contribute that day and keep that thing going, I really appreciate it" but he can't take one segment to talk about it?  No callers wanted to call in and talk about it, after some of them were making videos with their predictions in the days leading up to it?  Really?

f
Texas A&M AggiesHouston AstrosHouston RocketsHouston Texans

Steve in HTown

• -Admin-
    • stucknut
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2021, 09:27:30 pm »
I think he avoided taking calls so nobody would bring up hawks disappearance.
Texas LonghornsLos Angeles DodgersLos Angeles LakersCleveland Browns

rob in indy

• the last person to board the Titanic
  • -Nutter-
  • FYBM
    • TuckerCarlson
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2021, 10:51:07 pm »
I think he avoided taking calls so nobody would bring up hawks disappearance.

thanks for that insight, Sherlock in HTown  :koolaid
Indiana HoosiersIndiana PacersIndianapolis Colts

warren

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2021, 07:23:27 am »
He always likes to joke about how stupid the clones are. I guess in this instance, thinking he can not say anything for two weeks or take any calls about it and then do a final segment on a getaway Friday saying it's an amicable split, period the end... he does really believe all the listeners are stupid.

handsomecoverboybrady

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2021, 10:01:52 am »
CA, Romey jumped the shark 10 or so years ago .

VicNocal

• NFL Pool Champ
  • -Member-
  • My brand > Your brand
    • NocalVic
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2021, 10:06:04 am »
I can't believe we're already coming up on 10 years since Chael Sonnen "won" the Smackoff.  TEN YEARS??!! Where did that time go ffs?
California Golden BearsChicago BullsChicago Bears
Invariably this Wednesday when I go to Chic Fil A, the woman will ask if the money I left on the counter is mine, and I'll smile and say, "No its yours". - B.P. in Houston

goldenglamourboy6830

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2021, 12:30:06 pm »
You mis-spelled "Branson," boy .

Dcampbell10

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2021, 02:29:51 pm »
Can we finally get the breakdown of the “show with in the show within the show”?

Obviously, Rome recruited the main “best” callers and of those say 20-30 people they seemed to haves formed into three teams (Brad captains the West, Leff captains the East and Seany captains (or did during smack off season) and everyone in on it from the very inside have their own cryptic key words to signify who they are and what not

and then they all have an alias twitter account (haunted house dude and Im pretty positive Rome is Chris in KC…..).

personally i think this whole change in format made the jungle even better since all these dudes on the three teams get to go hog wild and call in as an alias that’s an overtop character ala WWE Style

I’m just eager to find out all the details from this