RIP JR Richard

Author Topic: RIP JR Richard  (Read 302 times)

Moodell

• International Brotherhood of Geniuses Local 163
  • -Nutter-
  • "Life is too serious to be taken seriously."
RIP JR Richard
« on: August 05, 2021, 01:24:49 pm »
 :'(

Right up there with Nolan Ryan and Bob Gibson in terms of intimidation. I couldn’t imagine trying to hit off this dude throwing 100mph gas with no clue where the pitch was heading. Hall of Fame material before his career was cut short from a stroke. Sad story.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/31965916/houston-astros-icon-jr-richard-career-was-cut-short-stroke-1980-dies-age-71
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 01:28:53 pm by Moodell »
Indiana HoosiersCleveland IndiansIndianapolis ColtsColumbus Blue Jackets
Progressives gnaw away at the pillars of our society as if they were  termites chewing on wood.

frankinhouston

• -Member-
  • Hello!
    • @harryhooper8
Re: RIP JR Richard
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2021, 08:05:20 pm »
:'(

Right up there with Nolan Ryan and Bob Gibson in terms of intimidation. I couldn’t imagine trying to hit off this dude throwing 100mph gas with no clue where the pitch was heading. Hall of Fame material before his career was cut short from a stroke. Sad story.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/31965916/houston-astros-icon-jr-richard-career-was-cut-short-stroke-1980-dies-age-71

thanks hayta. i had it up to poat. that dude was scary to face. btw, club has the bb.harrrrrrrrrr.

f
Texas A&M AggiesHouston AstrosHouston RocketsHouston Texans

goldenglamourboy6830

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2021, 09:51:07 am »
The-then racist Astros management thought Richard's pre-stroke symptoms were his "jaking it," as was said in those days about (especially black and Latino) malingerers . After his career ended and another stroke,loss of his money and homelessness struck J.R, his former teammate Bob Watson and BAT (Baseball Assistance Team) helped Richard back on his feet ,after which he became a minister who helped countless Houston inner-city kids into baseball and non-sports careers.
The 6'8",240-lb. J.R. Richard of the seventies was the most scary hurler of the era with his height and 100 mph heater . On Sept. 6,1971 ,Richard,then 21,fanned 15 Giants to tie Dodgers' Karl Spooner's MLB debutant strikeout record . We're talking likely HOFer sans stroke .RIP,big boy !!!!!

Club America

• Rack the Trolls
  • “Only a fool allows his enemy to educate his child
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2021, 09:51:53 am »
Another easy puzzle to solve.   Alex, I will take 13 per center for $200.
Arkansas RazorbacksLos Angeles DodgersDenver BroncosColorado Avalanche
Like Fr. Ciszek, I understood that I was dealing with highly skilled sociopaths, men unencumbered by consciences.

frankinhouston

• -Member-
  • Hello!
    • @harryhooper8
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2021, 07:29:36 pm »
The-then racist Astros management thought Richard's pre-stroke symptoms were his "jaking it," as was said in those days about (especially black and Latino) malingerers . After his career ended and another stroke,loss of his money and homelessness struck J.R, his former teammate Bob Watson and BAT (Baseball Assistance Team) helped Richard back on his feet ,after which he became a minister who helped countless Houston inner-city kids into baseball and non-sports careers.
The 6'8",240-lb. J.R. Richard of the seventies was the most scary hurler of the era with his height and 100 mph heater . On Sept. 6,1971 ,Richard,then 21,fanned 15 Giants to tie Dodgers' Karl Spooner's MLB debutant strikeout record . We're talking likely HOFer sans stroke .RIP,big boy !!!!!

rack. not seeing many other folks here understanding his journey. thanks glamour.

f

frankinhouston

• -Member-
  • Hello!
    • @harryhooper8
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2021, 07:30:37 pm »
Another easy puzzle to solve.   Alex, I will take 13 per center for $200.

absolute waste of a poat.

f

Club America

• Rack the Trolls
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2021, 08:36:50 pm »
absolute waste of a poat.

f

The fukc you talking.  That poat cost  $7.37 .

Bitch
Like Fr. Ciszek, I understood that I was dealing with highly skilled sociopaths, men unencumbered by consciences.

goldenglamourboy6830

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2021, 08:17:29 am »
You aren't worth seven pennies,CA .

Club America

• Rack the Trolls

goldenglamourboy6830

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2021, 02:04:42 pm »
Trumpial Needs Free Press,CA .