What do you think about Tom Cruise? - Page 2

Author Topic: What do you think about Tom Cruise?  (Read 1868 times)

Snakeeyes

• Fair & Balanced.
  • -Nutter-
Re: What do you think about Tom Cruise?
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2021, 08:11:15 pm »
JACK REACHER was cheeks.  Terrible.  Also, apparently the character of Reacher in the books is this big hulk of a guy who can fvck people up, so it was very dumb to cast this midget as Reacher.  Then again, I recently watched a movie where wee little Bob "Better Call Saul" Odenkirk plays some ass-kicking former special forces guy or something (that one was ass too)

I do like Cruise though. We obviously don't know these guys, but from a distance he seems like a thoughtful and interesting person to me.  A guy who operates at a higher level than the vast majority of fat mediocre humans.

I know it's well-regarded, but I was never a fan of COLLATERAL.  I remember the Javier Bardem scene being pure silliness.  The guy who made the movie, Michael Mann, I actually like a lot, so it's kinda weird that one of his most highly touted movies is one that I didn't like.   Mann also made HEAT and THE INSIDER and his movie version of MIAMI VICE is pretty damn good and underrated, check that one out (your boy Jamie Foxx is in that one too)

As for my favorite Cruise movies, there are so many.  Off the top of my head, TOP GUN obviously, I actually really like THE LAST SAMURAI.  Of course A FEW GOOD MEN.   THE FIRM was aight.  FAR AND AWAY an old classic.   EYES WIDE SHUT was solid and weird.  DAYS OF THUNDER was entertaining.

But my pick would probably go to a couple of his sci fi movies:   MINORITY REPORT and EDGE OF TOMORROW.

As for my favorite performance by him, easily his role in MAGNOLIA.    I actually referenced that movie in my 2014 Smackoff call (should've won)  -"You're like that 40-year old virgin sitting at home watching Frank T.J. Mackey 'Seduce And Destroy' videos".

Did actual English sentences fvck your wife and mother, or are you twelve??  Asking for a friend.
Colorado St. RamsColorado RockiesDenver NuggetsBuffalo BillsBuffalo Sabres
"I took all the same classes as you at a much bigger D1 school."  "The 3/5 compromise was about the abolition of slavery." "Nobody in USA lacks healthcare."  "Alex Jones is true journalism"  :lol

VicNocal

• NFL Pool Champ
  • -Member-
  • My brand > Your brand
    • NocalVic
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2021, 08:12:07 pm »

Agree. Idk if he agreed to the script just bc his wife co-stared or what

eyes completely shut :zzz

Gee, I don't know, I'ma take a stab in the dark here and venture a guess that maybe it had a little something to do with the director of the movie being one of the most renowned names in film history.
California Golden BearsChicago BullsChicago Bears
"I wish you were a slave for a gay master who fvcked your ass every day" - Whomeyes

rob in indy

• -Nutter-
    • elonmusk
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2021, 04:17:38 pm »
his movie version of MIAMI VICE is pretty damn good and underrated, check that one out (your boy Jamie Foxx is in that one too)

Good post, and I don't think I've seen this so I appreciate the heads up. It's not like I'm obsessed with Jamie Foxx or anything though, I just think he's like a 5 tool player in the entertainment industry. OR what they would call a triple threat.

Indiana HoosiersIndiana PacersIndianapolis Colts
Quote from: canamladhandsomebradylink=topic=88709.msg107809#msg1078089 date=1667656581
Stab is probably second to Rob .

frankinhouston

• -Member-
  • Hello!
    • @harryhooper8
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2021, 07:32:13 pm »
rain man was awesome.

f
Texas A&M AggiesHouston AstrosHouston RocketsHouston Texans

VicNocal

• NFL Pool Champ
  • -Member-
  • My brand > Your brand
    • NocalVic
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2021, 12:34:02 pm »
Good post, and I don't think I've seen this so I appreciate the heads up. It's not like I'm obsessed with Jamie Foxx or anything though, I just think he's like a 5 tool player in the entertainment industry. OR what they would call a triple threat.

I think he's a dick, not just for stuff like this (starts at 2:46)

California Golden BearsChicago BullsChicago Bears
"I wish you were a slave for a gay master who fvcked your ass every day" - Whomeyes

rob in indy

• -Nutter-
    • elonmusk
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2021, 12:58:44 pm »
I think he's a dick, not just for stuff like this (starts at 2:46)

:lol Never seen that before, definitely comes off as a dick, although it is a roast
Indiana HoosiersIndiana PacersIndianapolis Colts
Quote from: canamladhandsomebradylink=topic=88709.msg107809#msg1078089 date=1667656581
Stab is probably second to Rob .