2021 Las Vegas Raiders

Author Topic: 2021 Las Vegas Raiders  (Read 1407 times)

wireman

• -Nutter-
2021 Las Vegas Raiders
« on: September 03, 2021, 01:54:11 pm »
or Year #4 of John Grudens Bullshit

Last year the Raiders opened their brand new LV stadium aka "The Death Star" to exactly zero fans (thanks China) just as well as they had some absolute ghastly losses (looking at you Tampa & Miami). They ended the year 8-8 and if not for a dreadful and pathetic defense may have gotten into the playoffs. But, alas lets see what 2021 holds for the Silver & Black

Offense -
Derek Carr is back (27-9 last year) and looks to put up similar if not better numbers. He got away from being "Captain Checkdown" and actually threw the ball downfield more.

Josh Jacobs & Kenyan Drake will carry the load in the backfield w/Jacobs being RB1. Drake signed in the offseason and could be an X factor.

Darren Waller - All World...'nuff said

WR's - This unit and the 0-line are going to be interesting. Ruggs/Edwards/"3rd & Renfrow" are the starters (Willie Snead/Za Jones are the backups). Nelson Agohlor took his talents to the Pats. Now last year Nelson was the surprise on this unit and played very, very well. It'll be interesting to see how this unit plays. With a lot of attention going to Waller the wr's should be able to take advantage.

O-Line - This is a totally revamped line. Gone is perennial All-Pro Rodney Hudson :'(, who took his talents to Arizona. Lazy, fat-assed Trent Brown went back to the Pats, Gabe Jackson moved on to the SeaChickens. Only Incognito and Kolton Miller return. The Raiders got a lot of flack for drafting 'Bama o-lineman Alex Leatherwood @ #17 to fill one of the empty spots. By all accounts he's been solid but, we'll see what happens in a few days...

Defense - Pick any negative adjective and it would describe the Raiders 2020 defense. It got d-coordinator and Gruden's buddy Paul Guenther fired (players said his scheme was difficult and it showed as sometimes they were waaaay out of position). They had a whopping 10 ints, 21 sacks & 11 fumble recovery's (8 forced) now you know how abysmal they were. Enter Gus Bradley who was w/the Bolts and now brings his talents to Vegas.

D -Line -The Raiders started free agency w/a bang by bringing on Yannick Ngoguae. The DE has been piling up sacks since he entered the league; hopefully he'll get the Raiders' sorry sack total up. Maxx Crosby will be on the other end. The middle of the line wasn't bad but, they were nothing to write home about either...

LBs - This unit has been hit by the injury bug during the preseason but, they do have some depth especially after just signing KJ Wright formerly of the SeaChickens. Last years free agent diamond was more like a lump of coal. Cory Littleton didn't even come close to the expectations that were place on him. He blamed Guenthers system as the reason why. Well we're gonna find out since its a new system.

CB's -The defensive backfield has a lot to prove this year as they were the weakest link in the defensive chain. Trayvon Mullen & Casey Heyward (signed from the Bolts) are the starting cb's. Hard hitting Johnathan Abrams and rookie Treyvon Moehring are the starting safeties.

Coaching - Gruden has got to do better. There were times last season when he was clearly out coached by overthinking (the defense didn't help either). His red zone play calling left a lot to be desired as well. The pressure is on him to field a a playoff team and despite his 10 year contract if he doesn't then the calls for his head are going to be louder.

Overall and on paper the offense should be top 10 if not just hovering around 11-14. The issue is going to be whether the defense can be in the upper teens to low twenties (17-22) if so then they can make the playoffs if not then heads should roll; starting @ the top.
I may be drunk Miss but, in the morning I'll be sober & you'll still be ugly. W. Churchill

rob in indy

• -Nutter-
    • TuckerCarlson
Re: 2021 Las Vegas Raiders
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2021, 03:18:17 pm »
Allegiant Stadium looks pretty swoot. Would be cool to see the Coltstards play there but they play each other in Indy this year  :-\
Indiana HoosiersIndiana PacersIndianapolis Colts

Justin NoCal

• FREE TUDO
  • -Nutter-
  • leave the gun, take the cannolis
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2021, 03:44:54 pm »
I ain’t reading all that shit wtf
San Francisco Giants
Elevate, excavate, eliminate.

frankinhouston

• -Member-
  • Hello!
    • @harryhooper8
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2021, 08:32:33 pm »
or Year #4 of John Grudens Bullshit

Last year the Raiders opened their brand new LV stadium aka "The Death Star" to exactly zero fans (thanks China) just as well as they had some absolute ghastly losses (looking at you Tampa & Miami). They ended the year 8-8 and if not for a dreadful and pathetic defense may have gotten into the playoffs. But, alas lets see what 2021 holds for the Silver & Black

Offense -
Derek Carr is back (27-9 last year) and looks to put up similar if not better numbers. He got away from being "Captain Checkdown" and actually threw the ball downfield more.

Josh Jacobs & Kenyan Drake will carry the load in the backfield w/Jacobs being RB1. Drake signed in the offseason and could be an X factor.

Darren Waller - All World...'nuff said

WR's - This unit and the 0-line are going to be interesting. Ruggs/Edwards/"3rd & Renfrow" are the starters (Willie Snead/Za Jones are the backups). Nelson Agohlor took his talents to the Pats. Now last year Nelson was the surprise on this unit and played very, very well. It'll be interesting to see how this unit plays. With a lot of attention going to Waller the wr's should be able to take advantage.

O-Line - This is a totally revamped line. Gone is perennial All-Pro Rodney Hudson :'(, who took his talents to Arizona. Lazy, fat-assed Trent Brown went back to the Pats, Gabe Jackson moved on to the SeaChickens. Only Incognito and Kolton Miller return. The Raiders got a lot of flack for drafting 'Bama o-lineman Alex Leatherwood @ #17 to fill one of the empty spots. By all accounts he's been solid but, we'll see what happens in a few days...

Defense - Pick any negative adjective and it would describe the Raiders 2020 defense. It got d-coordinator and Gruden's buddy Paul Guenther fired (players said his scheme was difficult and it showed as sometimes they were waaaay out of position). They had a whopping 10 ints, 21 sacks & 11 fumble recovery's (8 forced) now you know how abysmal they were. Enter Gus Bradley who was w/the Bolts and now brings his talents to Vegas.

D -Line -The Raiders started free agency w/a bang by bringing on Yannick Ngoguae. The DE has been piling up sacks since he entered the league; hopefully he'll get the Raiders' sorry sack total up. Maxx Crosby will be on the other end. The middle of the line wasn't bad but, they were nothing to write home about either...

LBs - This unit has been hit by the injury bug during the preseason but, they do have some depth especially after just signing KJ Wright formerly of the SeaChickens. Last years free agent diamond was more like a lump of coal. Cory Littleton didn't even come close to the expectations that were place on him. He blamed Guenthers system as the reason why. Well we're gonna find out since its a new system.

CB's -The defensive backfield has a lot to prove this year as they were the weakest link in the defensive chain. Trayvon Mullen & Casey Heyward (signed from the Bolts) are the starting cb's. Hard hitting Johnathan Abrams and rookie Treyvon Moehring are the starting safeties.

Coaching - Gruden has got to do better. There were times last season when he was clearly out coached by overthinking (the defense didn't help either). His red zone play calling left a lot to be desired as well. The pressure is on him to field a a playoff team and despite his 10 year contract if he doesn't then the calls for his head are going to be louder.

Overall and on paper the offense should be top 10 if not just hovering around 11-14. The issue is going to be whether the defense can be in the upper teens to low twenties (17-22) if so then they can make the playoffs if not then heads should roll; starting @ the top.

i like complete real assessments of teams by fans. rack.

f
Texas A&M AggiesHouston AstrosHouston RocketsHouston Texans

rob in indy

• -Nutter-
    • TuckerCarlson
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2021, 03:41:30 pm »
Huge win in the Steel City today for DA RAIDUHS. Even if the Steelturds were down several key players to injury, a win is a win :koolaid

wireman

• -Nutter-
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2021, 12:39:55 pm »
1/4 of the season is gone and muh Raiders sit @ 3-1.

Pros: Defense, defense and more defense. Gus Bradley has made a huge difference on the defensive side of the ball. The front 7 led by Maxx Crosby has been a fresh air. The lb's while still a little cringey in pass coverage have played well. The back end of the defense has been soooo much better; Casey Heyward has made a difference.

Derek Carr - Prior to last nites game Mr. Carr was had just over 1800 passing yards through 3 games. He was spreading the ball around as 3 receivers (Waller/Ruggs/Renfrow) each had over 200 yards. No more Captain Checkdown as he pushing the ball more downfield.

Recievers (Everyone not named Darren Waller or 3rd & Renfrow) - Last year Nelson Agholor was leading the wr's for the Raiders. While he wasn't WR1 he basically took the title. Fast forward; Nelson took his talents to New England which meant the receivers needed to step up and they have. Henry Ruggs III is now showing that he was worthy of being the 1st wr off the board in the '20 draft. Bryan Edwards has had his moments as well as Zay Jones.

Cons:

Offensive Line - This was my biggest concern since it was blown up last year. Alex Leatherwood is a rookie and he's playing as such at RT. He's averaging at least 2 false starts per game and per PFF is the lowest rated pass blocker. He'll come around but.....

LB's In Pass Coverage - They're defending the run pretty well but, that pass coverage....

Play Calling (Red Zone) - I get it; Gruden is a hard ass and its his way or the highway but, his play calling in the red zone continues to be an issue (especially from 15 yards--->to the goal line). Its not been as bad as years past but, he's got to do better.

The next 4 games:
Bears
@ Donks
Eagles
@Giants

4-0 if the offense realizes that the game has started...
3-1 The Denver defense
2-2 They play down to the Eagles
1-3 Justin Fields has a break out game
0-4 Daniel Jones & Saquon Barkely both rush for over 100 yards

I may be drunk Miss but, in the morning I'll be sober & you'll still be ugly. W. Churchill

Stab

• Genetic Lottery Winner/Life Coach/Influencer
  • -Nutter-
  • SMASH teh [Rack Em]
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2021, 02:09:02 pm »
1/4 of the season is gone and muh Raiders sit @ 3-1.

Pros: Defense, defense and more defense. Gus Bradley has made a huge difference on the defensive side of the ball. The front 7 led by Maxx Crosby has been a fresh air. The lb's while still a little cringey in pass coverage have played well. The back end of the defense has been soooo much better; Casey Heyward has made a difference.

Derek Carr - Prior to last nites game Mr. Carr was had just over 1800 passing yards through 3 games. He was spreading the ball around as 3 receivers (Waller/Ruggs/Renfrow) each had over 200 yards. No more Captain Checkdown as he pushing the ball more downfield.

Recievers (Everyone not named Darren Waller or 3rd & Renfrow) - Last year Nelson Agholor was leading the wr's for the Raiders. While he wasn't WR1 he basically took the title. Fast forward; Nelson took his talents to New England which meant the receivers needed to step up and they have. Henry Ruggs III is now showing that he was worthy of being the 1st wr off the board in the '20 draft. Bryan Edwards has had his moments as well as Zay Jones.

Cons:

Offensive Line - This was my biggest concern since it was blown up last year. Alex Leatherwood is a rookie and he's playing as such at RT. He's averaging at least 2 false starts per game and per PFF is the lowest rated pass blocker. He'll come around but.....

LB's In Pass Coverage - They're defending the run pretty well but, that pass coverage....

Play Calling (Red Zone) - I get it; Gruden is a hard ass and its his way or the highway but, his play calling in the red zone continues to be an issue (especially from 15 yards--->to the goal line). Its not been as bad as years past but, he's got to do better.

The next 4 games:
Bears
@ Donks
Eagles
@Giants

4-0 if the offense realizes that the game has started...
3-1 The Denver defense
2-2 They play down to the Eagles
1-3 Justin Fields has a break out game
0-4 Daniel Jones & Saquon Barkely both rush for over 100 yards
I totally agree with you on none of this except for the one part.
Wisconsin BadgersMilwaukee BrewersMilwaukee BucksGreen Bay PackersChicago Blackhawks
I know shit about fvck.

Club America

• Rack the Trolls
  • “Only a fool allows his enemy to educate his child
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2021, 02:39:32 pm »
The Eagles are shittej
Arkansas RazorbacksLos Angeles DodgersDenver BroncosColorado Avalanche
Like Fr. Ciszek, I understood that I was dealing with highly skilled sociopaths, men unencumbered by consciences.

testudo

• Stucknut historian (Shaves Ballz before NutStops)
  • -Nutter-
  • Amberlamp Driver
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2021, 02:39:56 pm »
Solid Poating.
Maryland TerrapinsBaltimore OriolesWashington WizardsBaltimore RavensWashington Capitals

rob in indy

• -Nutter-
    • TuckerCarlson
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2021, 08:13:50 pm »
Bye bye Gruden

Club America

• Rack the Trolls
  • “Only a fool allows his enemy to educate his child
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2021, 08:15:22 pm »
Bye bye Gruden

All that shit he posted in ETA. :uhh
Arkansas RazorbacksLos Angeles DodgersDenver BroncosColorado Avalanche
Like Fr. Ciszek, I understood that I was dealing with highly skilled sociopaths, men unencumbered by consciences.

Snakeeyes

• Fair & Balanced.
  • -Nutter-
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2021, 08:19:59 pm »
Derek Carr is an average quarterback at best.  SYHTFOTW.
Colorado St. RamsColorado RockiesDenver NuggetsBuffalo BillsBuffalo Sabres
"I took all the same classes as you at a much bigger D1 school."  "The 3/5 compromise was about the abolition of slavery." "Nobody in USA lacks healthcare."  "Alex Jones is true journalism"  :lol

J - Dog

• -Member-
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2021, 08:28:34 pm »
Washington St. CougarsSeattle MarinersPortland Trail BlazersSeattle Seahawks

Russ from Sactown

• Rack the Trolls™
    • yeahright
    • suckme
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2021, 08:52:05 pm »

Hey J-Dog, also check out the link I posted in the ETA Gruden thread.  :popcorn

wireman

• -Nutter-
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2021, 10:51:28 am »
Well my sources ( :uhh) didn't see that coming... :lol

I'll preface this before my rant; I wasn't in favor of the Raiders bringing Gruden back. Mark Davis pursued him until he gave in to the tune of 10yrs for 100 million. I certainly didn't want his tenure to end this way but, unfortunately it did.

I really thought it would blow over as the day (Sunday) wore on. But, once those emails about the alphabet community came out as well as him going in on Goodell it was just a matter of hours. Gruden is not a racist; he said some things that made some people cringe and they couldn't handle it. To me it was all locker room talk between himself and his former boss and Raider exec. Bruce Allen. Welcome to 2021

The Raiders have picked Special Teams coach Rich Bissacia to be the interim h.c.. The team is talented enough to make a serious playoff run but, the question is; will the Gruden Saga linger for the week or the rest of the season. We'll find out starting on Sunday vs the Donks.