Pete Rose

Author Topic: Pete Rose  (Read 205 times)

rob in indy

• the last person to board the Titanic
  • -Nutter-
  • FYBM
    • TuckerCarlson
Pete Rose
« on: September 12, 2021, 03:07:24 pm »
He's 80 years old now, nobody is ever going to reach 4,257 hits to eclipse him. Gambling is more prevalent than it's ever been and it was never proven he threw any games. It's time to let him into the Hall of Fame

thoughts?

Indiana HoosiersIndiana PacersIndianapolis Colts

J - Dog

• -Member-
Re: Pete Rose
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2021, 03:42:28 pm »
He should be a HOFer. Imho
Charlie Hustle breathed baseball.

I think because he lied about it really is what is keeping him out.
As Rome would say " the cover up is worse than the crime"
And as Rob said it wasn't proven he altered any outcomes.
Hard to believe he's 80. He might get in,
but not in his lifetime, which is kinda  :'(
I do know he signed/autographed a shit ton of stuff, so his autos aren't that valuable.
Washington St. CougarsSeattle MarinersPortland Trail BlazersSeattle Seahawks

Justin NoCal

• FREE TUDO
  • Mod
  • leave the gun, take the cannolis
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2021, 05:31:19 pm »
Dude is a pedophile. Dude agreed to the ban from baseball.

Dude was a great. Dude should be in the hall of fame. Didnít think I was going there, did ya.

fvck all the off field shit, dude was one of the greatest contact hitter to ever play the game.

Let him in, let Bonds in as well.

fvck the HOF voters. Bunch of faggot, overly emotional little nerds that donít appreciate the game for shit.
San Francisco Giants
Elevate, excavate, eliminate.

frankinhouston

• -Member-
  • Hello!
    • @harryhooper8
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2021, 08:28:46 pm »
poor old pete. prolly made more $ by being banned. it is kind of ironic how gambling has infiltrated professional sports these days and he is still banned.

f
Texas A&M AggiesHouston AstrosHouston RocketsHouston Texans

handsomecoverboybrady

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2021, 10:05:46 am »
Rose should be in the Hall Of Fame,Robbie,but the man went to prison for tax evasion,not gambling,and is a perverted ,ugly old a**hole who was kicked off the baseball broadcasts for bedding 14-and 15-year-old girls when he was close to 50.

Club America

• Rack the Trolls
  • ďOnly a fool allows his enemy to educate his child
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2021, 10:21:33 am »
You hate why T. You racist sumunobitch.
Arkansas RazorbacksLos Angeles DodgersDenver BroncosColorado Avalanche
Like Fr. Ciszek, I understood that I was dealing with highly skilled sociopaths, men unencumbered by consciences.

Pete Rose

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2021, 01:52:58 pm »
 :koolaid

VicNocal

• NFL Pool Champ
  • -Member-
  • My brand > Your brand
    • NocalVic
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2021, 02:19:47 pm »
fvck the HOF voters. Bunch of faggot, overly emotional little nerds that donít appreciate the game for shit.

Thing is, sports "writers" are a cancer on sports, just like members of the shit press are a cancer on society at large.  At least the bad ones, anyway, which comprise most of em, since most are unimaginative hacks.

Anyway, the problem with sports "writers" is that they really believe that what fans like about sports are, to quote our patron saint Gymm Rhoawm, "the personalities, the stories, the drama".   Ehhhhhh!!!!  That's not a good call, nah.

Turn on any modern day mainstream sports coverage nowadays and all you get is he said/she said gossipy horsehit and very little talk about the actual GAME.  Like, it'll be the day when I put on ESPN and see one of their football experts who actually played the game talking about how the Chiefs won the game in the 2nd half by adjusting to the Patriots tight ends by putting an extra linebacker in coverage while doing a mix of hybrid bracket coverage on the outside.   Nope, instead they will have a bunch of asshats talking all day and screaming about Urban Meyer liking a tweet about Gardner Minshew, and if that was some kind of dig at Trevor Lawrence.  Gossipy manchild shit for the idiot masses.

So yeah, anyway, of course Pete Rose should be in as a player, but since his fate lies in the hands of these sports "writer" type nerds and their narratives which they actually really do believe is why fans tune in to the games, good luck with that.

p.s. Pete Rose made a great point once, about choking up on the bat  -he says "The guy with the most hits ever (me) and the guy with the most homers ever (Bonds) both choked up on their bats, so why don't more players do it?"    Reminds me of how the guy with the most basketball points ever, did it via the unguardable skyhook, but no big man since has ever really tried to copy that technique.
California Golden BearsChicago BullsChicago Bears
"In some ways it was worse than 9/11 -The radical fundamentalists who carried out 1/6 were trying to kill the Vice President and members of Congress" -Suckeyes

Pete Rose

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2021, 08:51:38 am »
Well, I'm in the bowl haircut HOF for sure.

Nothing says wisdom and dignity like bangs on a middle aged man  :koolaid

Club America

• Rack the Trolls
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2021, 09:24:53 am »
Well, I'm in the bowl haircut HOF for sure.

Nothing says wisdom and dignity like bangs on a middle aged man  :koolaid

Chuckie would call you a fag to your face.
Like Fr. Ciszek, I understood that I was dealing with highly skilled sociopaths, men unencumbered by consciences.

Pete Rose

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2021, 06:59:39 pm »
Chuckie would call you a fag to your face.

That's a handsome haircut he's sporting, but I would still kick his ass.

Club America

• Rack the Trolls
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2021, 07:43:11 pm »
Karma 0....shiteyes is that you?

frankinhouston

• -Member-
  • Hello!
    • @harryhooper8
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2021, 08:05:10 pm »

Thing is, sports "writers" are a cancer on sports, just like members of the shit press are a cancer on society at large.  At least the bad ones, anyway, which comprise most of em, since most are unimaginative hacks.

Anyway, the problem with sports "writers" is that they really believe that what fans like about sports are, to quote our patron saint Gymm Rhoawm, "the personalities, the stories, the drama".   Ehhhhhh!!!!  That's not a good call, nah.

Turn on any modern day mainstream sports coverage nowadays and all you get is he said/she said gossipy horsehit and very little talk about the actual GAME.  Like, it'll be the day when I put on ESPN and see one of their football experts who actually played the game talking about how the Chiefs won the game in the 2nd half by adjusting to the Patriots tight ends by putting an extra linebacker in coverage while doing a mix of hybrid bracket coverage on the outside.   Nope, instead they will have a bunch of asshats talking all day and screaming about Urban Meyer liking a tweet about Gardner Minshew, and if that was some kind of dig at Trevor Lawrence.  Gossipy manchild shit for the idiot masses.

So yeah, anyway, of course Pete Rose should be in as a player, but since his fate lies in the hands of these sports "writer" type nerds and their narratives which they actually really do believe is why fans tune in to the games, good luck with that.

p.s. Pete Rose made a great point once, about choking up on the bat  -he says "The guy with the most hits ever (me) and the guy with the most homers ever (Bonds) both choked up on their bats, so why don't more players do it?"    Reminds me of how the guy with the most basketball points ever, did it via the unguardable skyhook, but no big man since has ever really tried to copy that technique.

"Thing is, sports "writers" are a cancer on sports" not a bad take

"Reminds me of how the guy with the most basketball points ever, did it via the unguardable skyhook, but no big man since has ever really tried to copy that technique." see the dream shake idiot.

f
Texas A&M AggiesHouston AstrosHouston RocketsHouston Texans