RomeageddonTV OUT as youtube channel?!???!

Author Topic: RomeageddonTV OUT as youtube channel?!???!  (Read 1083 times)

VicNocal

• NFL Pool Champ
  • -Member-
  • My brand > Your brand
    • NocalVic
RomeageddonTV OUT as youtube channel?!???!
« on: September 15, 2021, 07:38:07 pm »
So the RomeageddonTV youtube channel, managed by Jim Benton, where homie would upload all kinds of Gym Rhoam show videos, calls, including all the Smackoffs from 2018 and on, got nuked into nonexistence because CBS Sports put in copyright claims or whatever, and poof!  about half an hour later, Benton says his whole channel was gone without even giving him a chance to remove the videos they were bitching about (although it was probably his entire channel)

How gotdamn stupid and clueless do you have to be to wipe out one of the last spots on the internet that is actually giving your show any kind of love and where people still go and comment on the calls, discuss the Smackoff results, etc.   For fvcks sake man, it's not like Benton was even making any money off it, not a single dime.

The last step now is to nuke the Stucknut takebox.  It's coming.  Because that would be another brilliant strategic move for a show whose reach dwindles further with every passing week.

California Golden BearsChicago BullsChicago Bears
"In some ways it was worse than 9/11 -The radical fundamentalists who carried out 1/6 were trying to kill the Vice President and members of Congress" -Suckeyes

Beavis in KC

• -Nutter-
  • What the fvck are you looking at?
Re: RomeageddonTV OUT as youtube channel?!???!
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2021, 07:53:55 pm »
So you're no longer relevant so Rome sucks.

Nice take, dickshit.

:lol

Kansas St. WildcatsKansas City RoyalsKansas City ChiefsDetroit Red Wings
2016 Stucknut Member of the Year

rob in indy

• the first person to board the Titanic
  • -Nutter-
    • TuckerCarlson
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2021, 07:54:05 pm »
YouTubeís been doing this forever. Prince was notorious for taking down anyone who played his music, I had a guitar channel personally get nuked for copyright just from playing covers. Howard Sternís another one that was hell-bent on getting everything from HowardTV taken down. Itís funny for them to think that they will actually win a copyright war in 2021 and that people arenít just going to make another channel. Torrents and megauploads are too prevalent to be defeated now, too many people out there have literal hard drives just for this shit. Just a matter of someone taking the time to re-upload it all and do a better job of title/tagging it so it doesnít immediately pop up on YTís radar.
Indiana HoosiersIndiana PacersIndianapolis Colts

VicNocal

• NFL Pool Champ
  • -Member-
  • My brand > Your brand
    • NocalVic
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2021, 08:06:51 pm »
No, because you're talking about something different there, more along the lines of piracy, but in this case, CBS has a Rome channel on Youtube that they started only about a year ago, but on there they only post interviews and Rome's takes on the Chiefs or whatever.  All the calls and Smackoffs don't get posted on that CBS channel, and that's where RomeageddonTV came in  -i.e. it's not like Benton was DUPLICATING their content on his channel and running ads.

So yeah, like I said, the Rome show's reach and caller participation dwindles more and more every year, you have a guy out there taking the time to basically run a fan channel for free, and you shut him down.  Verrry smart.   And for those of us who call and do the Smackoffs etc, we liked having those videos up there  -hell, given that Rome didn't even spend 5 seconds to recap the Smackoff this year, those Youtube videos were like the only evidence that the damn thing even took place this year.
California Golden BearsChicago BullsChicago Bears
"In some ways it was worse than 9/11 -The radical fundamentalists who carried out 1/6 were trying to kill the Vice President and members of Congress" -Suckeyes

frankinhouston

• -Member-
  • Hello!
    • @harryhooper8
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2021, 08:11:37 pm »
lol. people are poating positively about said artists. tearing them down is asinine. the day will come when these artists will be gone forever with only shit information approved by said artists. keep destroying your artist's future idiots.

f
Texas A&M AggiesHouston AstrosHouston RocketsHouston Texans

frankinhouston

• -Member-
  • Hello!
    • @harryhooper8
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2021, 08:12:26 pm »
lol. people are poating positively about said artists. tearing them down is asinine. the day will come when these artists will be gone forever with only shit information approved by said artists. keep destroying your artist's future idiots.

f

gud poat victor
Texas A&M AggiesHouston AstrosHouston RocketsHouston Texans

Steve in HTown

• -Admin-
    • stucknut
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2021, 09:41:38 pm »
Yeah I remember when they asked Benton to stop posting on YouTube because they were going to start their own channel. I think I saw it promoted one time but never seen or heard anything about it since. Benton has been posted vids directly to Twitter though. Still not the same.
I'd like to think the Takebox is grandfathered in, especially the pre-CBS stuff. Rome promotes us though so maybe he will (or has) gone to bat for us. There's no doubt that the Takebox is what keeps the non-daily listeners connected to the show. Most Smackoff guys don't listen to the show live. It's one of the features that makes the Jungle unique. I don't think any other sports radio show has history like we do.
Texas LonghornsLos Angeles DodgersLos Angeles LakersCleveland Browns

JeffinPhx

• -Member-
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2021, 09:50:34 pm »
This sucks, like trophy producer KB replacing the legend Travis Rodgers. I'm going to miss the Rex in ABQ clips. What up Vic? Had lunch with Greg & Betty today, they're heading to Flagstaff to attend the Rodeo.

Jeff

Club America

• Rack the Trolls
  • ďOnly a fool allows his enemy to educate his child
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2021, 05:50:15 am »
Who uses the term "dickshit"?

referee1
Arkansas RazorbacksLos Angeles DodgersDenver BroncosColorado Avalanche
Like Fr. Ciszek, I understood that I was dealing with highly skilled sociopaths, men unencumbered by consciences.

Steve in HTown

• -Admin-
    • stucknut
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2021, 04:52:01 pm »
Who uses the term "dickshit"?

referee1

Mike Brady

Jeff in Southfield

• -Member-
    • @schooldya
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2021, 06:30:40 pm »
Two days ago I could type Jeff in Southfield into the YouTube search engine and my calls would pop up. 

Now nothing. 

It used to make my day to see view counts climbing, to see if I got a new like or comment, to see positive remarks.

Now it feels like my whole legacy has been erased and I am both heartbroken and furious.

I mean, yeah, my calls are still on Stucknut, but no one visits this piece of shit corpse of a website  ;D

YouTube had more traffic, a chance to go teensy bit viral, and you could tell if a punchline landed because you could see and hear Rome laughing. 

In the comments i had people calling me funny, calling me legend, and it was there to be seen and to show people.  Made me proud, made me feel good.

Now it's gone forever.

Even if the videos are reposted, the prior viewcounts, likes, and comments will be lost.

Fvck the idiot who didn't consider the destruction of callers legacies before making the decision to shut down RomeageddonTV.  They could have just flagged certain videos and left the caller videos alone.  No forsight, no patience, no consideration, total incompetence.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 05:00:36 pm by Jeff in Southfield »
Michigan WolverinesDetroit Lions

Steve in HTown

• -Admin-
    • stucknut
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2021, 07:07:31 pm »
Maybe you should set your dreams higher

Club America

• Rack the Trolls
  • ďOnly a fool allows his enemy to educate his child
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2021, 07:43:43 pm »
Maybe you should set your dreams higher, dickshit

I Concur :koolaid

Arkansas RazorbacksLos Angeles DodgersDenver BroncosColorado Avalanche
Like Fr. Ciszek, I understood that I was dealing with highly skilled sociopaths, men unencumbered by consciences.

Jeff in Southfield

• -Member-
    • @schooldya
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2021, 07:46:09 pm »
Maybe you should set your dreams higher

I dreamt of a YouTube channel way back when I thought I was funny. 

The reaction on the RomeageddonTV videos kept some hope alive for that,
but now they're gone, so i guess I'll give up.   

:'(

Michigan WolverinesDetroit Lions

Steve in HTown

• -Admin-
    • stucknut
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2021, 08:30:41 pm »
Your calls are funny, and wayyyyy out there. The Fake Paul's dog calls are great too.