The Gerrit Ritt Show

Author Topic: The Gerrit Ritt Show  (Read 612 times)

warren

The Gerrit Ritt Show
« on: September 16, 2021, 04:10:24 pm »
Is it the Jim Rome show or the Gerrit Ritt show now? It's literally the only thing Rome f'ing talks about. He spends hours a day talking about Ritt. It's the same thing over and over and over and over again. Does he have no sports takes or anything better to talk about? The show has turned into such garbage.

Steve in HTown

• -Admin-
    • stucknut
Re: The Gerrit Ritt Show
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2021, 04:51:47 pm »
Ritt gets all the attention that Hawk used to get.
Texas LonghornsLos Angeles DodgersLos Angeles LakersCleveland Browns

Ray Walston

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2021, 06:13:48 pm »
It's so forced, but what choice they got?  Producer Tom is a witless bore.

Club America

• Rack the Trolls
  • “Only a fool allows his enemy to educate his child
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2021, 07:46:32 pm »
Who the fvck listens to that garbage?  :lol
Arkansas RazorbacksLos Angeles DodgersDenver BroncosColorado Avalanche
Like Fr. Ciszek, I understood that I was dealing with highly skilled sociopaths, men unencumbered by consciences.

warren

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2021, 08:57:57 am »
Ritt gets all the attention that Hawk used to get.

And then some. Half the show every day is Rome talking about Ritt. What he's wearing, what he's eating, what he's drinking, playing the same 2 drops over and over again. "Finally". "Mmmmmm, Amby". "Finally". "Finally". "Finally".

Is anyone amused by hearing this over and over again every single day?

DrewInDTLA

• -Member-
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2021, 03:53:00 pm »
Rome uses it as a crutch, because he does not watch sports.

Howie_In_Richmond

• -Member-
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2021, 04:22:06 pm »
Not really a fan of the abuse heaped on the crew. I mean, my boys and I give each other crap but it's all in fun. Sometimes it seems so one sided where Jim is just crushing one of them. Wondering if Hawk didn't quit - errr! decide to pursue a different career path because he was tired of getting hammered all the time.
Virginia CavaliersAtlanta BravesWashington RedskinsChicago Blackhawks
Never argue with a Fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.

James in Sacramento

• -Member-
    • @thereallefthook
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2021, 09:29:45 pm »
What was really bad today is at the end of the 2nd hour he laid out what topics that he wanted to hit on. One was a story about Nascar drivers fighting and wanting to rip each others face off which actually really intrigued me. He then decided to talk about the stupid taunting NFL stuff which a ton of other people have already hit on in the last 24 hours and even to last week. He talked about that for 2 segments and then finished with a fresh Tom Brady take for the last segment.... so the Nascar drivers wanting to rip each others face off got left on the floor. It would have been entertaining a little anyways. Ever since new EP has joined the show has changed.
Alabama Crimson TideSan Francisco GiantsLos Angeles RamsPhiladelphia Flyers

DrewInDTLA

• -Member-
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2021, 09:41:06 pm »
Ever since new EP has joined the show has changed.

Yes it has. Not a fan. I usually only listen to a couple segments now and then bail to T-Rodge's show

VicNocal

• NFL Pool Champ
  • -Member-
  • My brand > Your brand
    • NocalVic
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2021, 12:45:21 pm »
He talked about that for 2 segments and then finished with a fresh Tom Brady take for the last segment

He's still dying on that "Let's talk shit about Tom Brady" hill, huh?   Tom Brady has been to 10 Super Bowls and at age 44 on a new team threw for like 5k yards and 40 TDs.  He is literally un-talkshittable.
I think we know who's been refusing Rome's invites to do the show lol    Unlike, say, his holiness Aaron Rodgers

EDIT: Rome just flexed about how Kobe used to text him "Yo fam. Javi's?"  and he would drop everything and go
Kobe is another guy who Rome used to talk shit on HARD, but then Bean started doing the radio show once a year
California Golden BearsChicago BullsChicago Bears
"In some ways it was worse than 9/11 -The radical fundamentalists who carried out 1/6 were trying to kill the Vice President and members of Congress" -Suckeyes

DrewInDTLA

• -Member-
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2021, 02:17:09 pm »
He's still dying on that "Let's talk shit about Tom Brady" hill, huh?   Tom Brady has been to 10 Super Bowls and at age 44 on a new team threw for like 5k yards and 40 TDs.  He is literally un-talkshittable.
I think we know who's been refusing Rome's invites to do the show lol    Unlike, say, his holiness Aaron Rodgers

EDIT: Rome just flexed about how Kobe used to text him "Yo fam. Javi's?"  and he would drop everything and go
Kobe is another guy who Rome used to talk shit on HARD, but then Bean started doing the radio show once a year

He destroyed some Mets GM for a DUI, but completely ignored the Mark Few DUI.
Then he doesnt say a word about Aaron Rodger's awful opening game...because Rodgers is the only big name guest he has left. Its pathetic.

James in Sacramento

• -Member-
    • @thereallefthook
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2021, 05:06:40 pm »
I'm surprised Dana White still comes on at this point..... come to think of it he hasn't been on in awhile either.
Alabama Crimson TideSan Francisco GiantsLos Angeles RamsPhiladelphia Flyers

frankinhouston

• -Member-
  • Hello!
    • @harryhooper8
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2021, 07:46:51 pm »
good newbie thread.

f
Texas A&M AggiesHouston AstrosHouston RocketsHouston Texans

Steve in HTown

• -Admin-
    • stucknut
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2021, 11:04:40 am »
I'm surprised Dana White still comes on at this point..... come to think of it he hasn't been on in awhile either.

he'll be on today  :drink
Texas LonghornsLos Angeles DodgersLos Angeles LakersCleveland Browns

wabashcr

• -Member-
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2021, 12:45:23 pm »
He destroyed some Mets GM for a DUI, but completely ignored the Mark Few DUI.
Then he doesnt say a word about Aaron Rodger's awful opening game...because Rodgers is the only big name guest he has left. Its pathetic.

The Rodgers stuff to open the show yesterday was a bit much. We get it. Rome took a flyer on Rodgers when GB drafted him, because he's a Cali guy, and it paid off when Rodgers noticed and turned out to be an all time great. It's human nature to feel good about cashing a bet like that, as evidenced by who his first podcast guest was. I assume he has a personal relationship with Rodgers, and that's fine. But if you even hint at the notion that maybe he isn't 100% objective in covering Rodgers, he acts insulted. Can't have it both ways.