Big Head Bets

Author Topic: Big Head Bets  (Read 191 times)

wabashcr

• -Member-
Big Head Bets
« on: September 16, 2021, 06:25:46 pm »
I didn't mind the gambling talk or even having the Head on to read picks at first. It's a rapidly changing industry with widespread legalization, and you have to talk about it. But I think I've had enough. I hope Rome loses interest sooner than later.

Curious if anyone here has any experience playing (or fading) these picks. I don't bet much anymore, but I know you can't often making money playing an "expert" who reads picks on a nationally syndicated radio show.  For those who follow Kelly's picks (I assume someone does), does he seem like he's really making money? Or is he just a tout for that betting service they sometimes mention, doing the usual tout things?

I haven't heard Rome read the live spot in a while for the stock pickers who want you to know Wall Street has been lying to you, and you can achieve 20-30% annual returns. But it's only a matter of time until Rome is actively promoting some kind of paid pick service. Back in the day he used to have some good material about gambling touts, at least until the affiliates got sick of him trashing like 75% of their local advertisers. Now it just feels like, not for the first time, he's about to become the exact thing he used to mock, criticize or despise. Probably just part of his "reinvention."

Steve in HTown

• -Admin-
    • stucknut
Re: Big Head Bets
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2021, 07:09:32 pm »
I can't participate cause it's illegal in Texas, much like abortions.

Audacy and BetQL have a deal to talk more betting on their shows, so Rome talks about it a lot more.
Texas LonghornsLos Angeles DodgersLos Angeles LakersCleveland Browns

Milwaukee Brewer Fan 2010

• -Member-
Re: Big Head Bets
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2021, 09:11:59 am »
He was pretty good last NFL season...I don't have a record but it definitely seemed like he had a winning record the vast majority of the weeks.  He also gave out the Bucs to win the Super Bowl preseason and has hit the winner of a few golf majors (Bryson DeChambeau at the US Open, Dustin Johnson at The Masters, Collin Morikawa at the British Open).  That said, I wouldn't mind this segment being an NFL season-only bit.  It doesn't make much sense to bring a guy on once a week to give out NBA or MLB picks when those sports play every day.