Squid Game - Page 4

Author Topic: Squid Game  (Read 1627 times)

VicNocal

• NFL Pool Champ
  • -Member-
  • My brand > Your brand
    • NocalVic
Re: Squid Game
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2021, 07:03:12 pm »
I'd never even heard of Manifest but I looked it up and I see that it's made by NBC.  Generally speaking, 99% of the time, shows on basic network TV will not be worth watching to me.

One of the first instances I remember of this new age existential crisis-having superhero was Spiderman 2 with Tobey McGuire from like 20 years ago.  I read all these great reviews about it, I went and saw it, and dude literally spends the entire first half of the movie whining and bitching about how he doesn't want to be a superhero anymore, like what's the point of it all, etc.  Horseshit.
Then several years later, some guy tried to argue with me that Kylo Ren was a better villain than Darth Maul. His reasoning?  Kylo Ren is "conflicted" and in that "gray area" of whether he wants to be good or bad, whereas Darth Maul is just some badass who appears every 20 minutes to kick some ass but we don't know any of his back story.  Again I say HORSESHIT.

This video, while not the exact same topic, touches along those lines of "Old school heroes were better than this new age shit".  This guy makes some of my favorite political content which is why I follow him, but he also makes some of this nerdy shit sound interesting.

California Golden BearsChicago BullsChicago Bears
"In some ways it was worse than 9/11 -The radical fundamentalists who carried out 1/6 were trying to kill the Vice President and members of Congress" -Suckeyes

brox85

« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2021, 09:54:40 pm »
Vic, how do you like The Shield?

handsomecoverboybrady

« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2021, 09:22:21 am »
Welcome,brox85 !!!!

VicNocal

• NFL Pool Champ
  • -Member-
  • My brand > Your brand
    • NocalVic
« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2021, 11:29:49 am »
Vic, how do you like The Shield?

I saw it back in the day as new episodes came out.  I thought it was a really good show with a few flaws here and there but overall definitely a thumbs up, and it has a satisfying ending too.
"In some ways it was worse than 9/11 -The radical fundamentalists who carried out 1/6 were trying to kill the Vice President and members of Congress" -Suckeyes

brox85

« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2021, 09:18:01 pm »
Yeah I watched it last year and really liked it. I have just started watching The Wire and itís good, but hasnít gripped me the same as The Shield did.

Stab

• Genetic Lottery Winner/Life Coach/Influencer
  • -Nutter-
  • SMASH teh [Rack Em]
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2021, 09:52:40 pm »
Yeah I watched it last year and really liked it. I have just started watching The Wire and itís good, but hasnít gripped me the same as The Shield did.
Hey, this thread is about the Squid Game.

Go elsewhere with your stupid Shield talk.
Wisconsin BadgersMilwaukee BrewersMilwaukee BucksGreen Bay PackersCarolina Hurricanes
I don't know shit about fukc.

testudo

• Stucknut historian (Shaves Ballz before NutStops)
  • -Nutter-
  • Amberlamp Driver
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2021, 08:04:45 am »
Hey, this thread is about the Squid Game.

Go elsewhere with your stupid Shield talk.

Stap is mad cause he lost over a million nutcoins betting on the flabby neck tattoo'd slope to go the distance. 
Maryland TerrapinsBaltimore OriolesWashington WizardsBaltimore RavensWashington Capitals

VicNocal

• NFL Pool Champ
  • -Member-
  • My brand > Your brand
    • NocalVic
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2021, 12:36:25 am »

The Wire took me 3 full episodes to hook me in, but from that point on, I couldn't stop watching.
The Shield I'd say is more casual-friendly, more unrealistic -Vic Mackey gets away with far too much shit and he's too much of a "badass" who does things like stand down a room full of tough Chicano gangsters all by himself.  Still one of my favorite shows though, probably like Top 15

handsomecoverboybrady

« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2021, 08:23:59 am »
Hey,brox,are you actually Jonathan Broxton ? In that case,multiply the "85" by four to get your weight .

Stab

• Genetic Lottery Winner/Life Coach/Influencer
  • -Nutter-
  • SMASH teh [Rack Em]
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2021, 08:26:01 am »
Hey,brox,are you actually Jonathan Broxton ? In that case,multiply the "85" by four to get your weight .
GO AWAY.
Wisconsin BadgersMilwaukee BrewersMilwaukee BucksGreen Bay PackersCarolina Hurricanes
I don't know shit about fukc.

handsomecoverboybrady

« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2021, 08:29:56 am »
When I feel like it ,O.J.,I mean, Stab .