What's the point of a Guest doing a pitch if CBS censors it? - Page 2

Author Topic: What's the point of a Guest doing a pitch if CBS censors it?  (Read 582 times)

Howie_In_Richmond

• -Member-
  • I am way more humble than you are.
Re: What's the point of a Guest doing a pitch if CBS censors it?
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2022, 12:33:43 pm »
they've always cut out his live reads before and after segments.

probably negotiated a radio only deal.
I know that. I'm talking about cutting out actual parts of the interview. The person starts talking about whatever their pitch is, that they negotiated beforehand as a condition to do the interview, then when they get to it the mic cuts and the crappy music starts. The camera shifts away from Jim and Guest until the pitch is over and then it awkwardly segues back into the interview like nothing happened. It is a bit jarring.

The guest wants their pitch to be heard and agrees to do the show and then their pitch is not aired. Perhaps it is a radio exclusive deal and they just didn't read the fine print. Kind of defeats the purpose of the simulcast broadening exposure.
Virginia CavaliersAtlanta BravesWashington RedskinsChicago Blackhawks
When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.

Ray Walston

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2022, 03:17:21 pm »
I wonder if some or all of the audio glitches on the TV version of the last Smackoff were intentional censorship by CBS. 

Hey Smackoff callers, make sure you find a hard line to call on so we can dump your clean audio based on its content.

Club America

• Rack the Trolls
  • “Only a fool allows his enemy to educate his child
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2022, 04:03:35 pm »
Mix in a BISP reference
Arkansas RazorbacksLos Angeles DodgersDenver BroncosColorado Avalanche
Like Fr. Ciszek, I understood that I was dealing with highly skilled sociopaths, men unencumbered by consciences.