Winning Time on HBO - Page 3

Author Topic: Winning Time on HBO  (Read 1094 times)

canamladhandsomebrady

Re: Winning Time on HBO
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2022, 01:55:43 pm »
That boy will end up being seven feet,270 lb. with 20-inch biceps .

rob in indy

• -Nutter-
    • TuckerCarlson
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2022, 09:45:26 pm »
This is in the wrong forum by the way Larry Boge you owe me 5 minutes from what I wasted looking in the teevee forum for this here threardre.

I am finishing up episode 3 now. Itís okay. Itís pretty all over the place from a cultural perspective, like yeah itís about the Lakers most of the episode, but they like to spend about 30% of each episode on weak storylines that feel forced (characters who have nothing to do with the main story and donít crossover into the main storyline) in a way that only a show in 2022 can force feed topics on racism and sexism. And that I consider bloating the runtime to get 55-60 min episodes. And, well, some of the tonal shifts are bizarre. A few of the actors are weak to the point of distraction. BUT the story is great and John C Reilly is great. Heís worth the price of admission. The guy that plays Magic is decent and so is the familiar face portraying Jerry West
Indiana HoosiersIndiana PacersIndianapolis Colts

Club America

• Rack the Trolls
  • ďOnly a fool allows his enemy to educate his child
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2022, 06:39:32 am »
That boy will end up being seven feet,270 lb. with 20-inch biceps .

Somebody should paste you in the face with a basketball.
Arkansas RazorbacksLos Angeles DodgersDenver BroncosColorado Avalanche
Like Fr. Ciszek, I understood that I was dealing with highly skilled sociopaths, men unencumbered by consciences.

canamladhandsomebrady

« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2022, 08:42:50 am »
You'd get better-looking with a basketball to your hideous mug,Kkklubby.

Club America

• Rack the Trolls
  • ďOnly a fool allows his enemy to educate his child
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2022, 08:43:57 am »
You'd get better-looking with a basketball to your hideous mug,Kkklubby.

Shithead
Arkansas RazorbacksLos Angeles DodgersDenver BroncosColorado Avalanche
Like Fr. Ciszek, I understood that I was dealing with highly skilled sociopaths, men unencumbered by consciences.

canamladhandsomebrady

« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2022, 02:27:24 pm »
Downsie .

rob in indy

• -Nutter-
    • TuckerCarlson
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2022, 05:53:35 am »
This is in the wrong forum by the way Larry Boge you owe me 5 minutes from what I wasted looking in the teevee forum for this here threardre.

I am finishing up episode 3 now.

Iíve now watched 9 episodes. The bottom line is that while I wouldnít recommend this show, there are aspects I enjoy. Iím still kinda just watching for the John C Reilly scenes as he steals the show. A big thing is that it really is a fictional history for dramatic effect. That is to say, they hit the major bullet points and get them right, but there are a lot of factual inaccuracies. So whether youíre able to turn your brain off to that will effect the way you enjoy this as a drama since itís not a documentary, (I actually think itís more interesting to watch with brain turned onto this and see what they changed).

VicNocal

• NFL Pool Champ
  • -Member-
  • My brand > Your brand
    • NocalVic
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2022, 01:41:31 pm »
Iíve now watched 9 episodes. The bottom line is that while I wouldnít recommend this show, there are aspects I enjoy. Iím still kinda just watching for the John C Reilly scenes as he steals the show. A big thing is that it really is a fictional history for dramatic effect. That is to say, they hit the major bullet points and get them right, but there are a lot of factual inaccuracies. So whether youíre able to turn your brain off to that will effect the way you enjoy this as a drama since itís not a documentary, (I actually think itís more interesting to watch with brain turned onto this and see what they changed).

Doesn't sound like a winner to me. But speaking of dramatized historical accounts of things, I've been watching the one about Uber, hoping it's at least 50% factual as to how things really happened.
California Golden BearsChicago BullsChicago Bears
"In some ways it was worse than 9/11 -The radical fundamentalists who carried out 1/6 were trying to kill the Vice President and members of Congress" -Suckeyes

rob in indy

• -Nutter-
    • TuckerCarlson
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2022, 01:46:39 pm »

Doesn't sound like a winner to me. But speaking of dramatized historical accounts of things, I've been watching the one about Uber, hoping it's at least 50% factual as to how things really happened.

I watched the first couple episodes of that, seemed decent. I just didn't finish it because I canceled my Showtime as soon as Billions ended. Might go back and finish it if you recommend it

canamladhandsomebrady

« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2022, 07:11:54 pm »
Joey Sh**head ?

Boges

• qwnt
  • -Nutter-
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2022, 09:10:45 am »
I watched the first couple episodes of that, seemed decent. I just didn't finish it because I canceled my Showtime as soon as Billions ended. Might go back and finish it if you recommend it

:shh it's on HBO.
Toronto Blue JaysMiami Dolphins
what?

rob in indy

• -Nutter-
    • TuckerCarlson
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2022, 01:43:54 pm »
:shh it's on HBO.

Super Pumped? Nah itís on Showtime. We had moved on from talkin about Winning Time to other shows if ya read the thread ya dingus

VicNocal

• NFL Pool Champ
  • -Member-
  • My brand > Your brand
    • NocalVic
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2022, 01:47:51 am »

It's basically a 7-part miniseries.  I thought it was good.  The moral of the story is Travis Kalanick had balls and built something big, and then once he had done so, libtards and SJWs forced him out of his own company.
California Golden BearsChicago BullsChicago Bears
"In some ways it was worse than 9/11 -The radical fundamentalists who carried out 1/6 were trying to kill the Vice President and members of Congress" -Suckeyes

Boges

• qwnt
  • -Nutter-
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2022, 09:07:01 am »

It's basically a 7-part miniseries.  I thought it was good.  The moral of the story is Travis Kalanick had balls and built something big, and then once he had done so, libtards and SJWs forced him out of his own company.

Yeah he had the balls to piss off Apple, Google and his entire board.

Uber never actually made any money. They were just flush with VC cash, but giving cab rides for so little isn't sustainable.

It's a seamless way to get a car, but that wasn't even his idea. But now it's ultimately not much cheaper.

The video of him yelling at a driver who was bankrupt because he invested in a Luxury car through Uber and they dropped the prices for Uber Black is real.

Toronto Blue JaysMiami Dolphins
what?