Alone the tv show is a good watch

Author Topic: Alone the tv show is a good watch  (Read 668 times)

Farmer Ted

Alone the tv show is a good watch
« on: April 19, 2022, 08:28:24 pm »
Discovered "Alone" which I think is a discovery channel show but I watch it on defy tv. Has been around for like 8-9 years but I just found it.

Interesting survival skills challenge where contestants compete to survive the longest alone in the wilderness, they are each all alone but have camera equipment and some gear.

Season 5 is in Mongolia and the scenery is incredible, season 6 Alaska also amazing scenery.

Don't want to spoil so not going to talk about who won, etc. But I recommend checking it out.

:koolaid

canamladhandsomebrady

• Buxom blondes forever !!!!!
    • @outlawbrady
Re: Alone the tv show is a good watch
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2022, 03:59:35 pm »
Thanks,Teddy.
Detroit TigersDetroit PistonsDetroit LionsDetroit Red Wings

Stab

• COTC w/ BDE; see also: Member of the Year
  • -Nutter-
  • For Extra Karma Points! SMASH teh [Rack Em]
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2022, 12:33:58 pm »
Forget which season but one of the last ones has the contestants go 100 days for a million dollars or something.

It was in the canadienne arctic, I think.

Wisconsin BadgersMilwaukee BrewersMilwaukee BucksGreen Bay PackersCarolina Hurricanes
This is a rackable moment.

rob in indy

• -Nutter-
    • elonmusk
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2022, 09:21:19 pm »
Forget which season but one of the last ones has the contestants go 100 days for a million dollars or something.

So that’s where Larry Boges got his money…
Indiana HoosiersIndiana PacersIndianapolis Colts
Quote from: canamladhandsomebradylink=topic=88709.msg107809#msg1078089 date=1667656581
Stab is probably second to Rob .

Farmer Ted

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2022, 08:45:38 pm »

I caught the tail end of that season, season 7 I believe.   Excellent landscape shots in those few episodes I saw.

In the other seasons, they could stay a whole year if they are capable, so when people started losing it mentally and physically around days 50-80, they had to ponder some badasses making it the whole year, and it makes it easier to say no way I can make it a whole year so they tap out.

With just a 100 day max, easier to survive past that hump cuz closer to the finish.  Nonetheless, only one dude made it to day 100, he killed a musk ox and lived on it when others struggled with ice fishing and not enough rabbits. 

Season 8 or 9 starting this month on history channel.

:koolaid