Yet another reason the DH sucks - Page 5

Author Topic: Yet another reason the DH sucks  (Read 1268 times)

Howie_In_Richmond

• -Member-
  • I am way more humble than you are.
Re: Yet another reason the DH sucks
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2022, 05:09:23 pm »
Fernando Tatis, Jr. cannot swing a bat. https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/34092936/san-diego-padres-ss-fernando-tatis-jr-wrist-healing-not-cleared-swing-bat

Too bad baseball doesn't have a rule that allows a player to only play one part of the game, so instead of fielding and batting they just play a position in the field? I hope that eventually we will see MLB implement Offense vs Defense rules. Nine guys play the field and nine guys stand at the plate. How amazing will that be?  :koolaid
Virginia CavaliersAtlanta BravesWashington RedskinsChicago Blackhawks
An important art of politicians is to find new names for institutions which under old names have become odious to the public. Talleyrand

rocket625

• Go Raiders
  • -Member-
  • Rip Curl
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2022, 05:32:28 pm »
Fernando Tatis, Jr. cannot swing a bat. https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/34092936/san-diego-padres-ss-fernando-tatis-jr-wrist-healing-not-cleared-swing-bat

Too bad baseball doesn't have a rule that allows a player to only play one part of the game, so instead of fielding and batting they just play a position in the field? I hope that eventually we will see MLB implement Offense vs Defense rules. Nine guys play the field and nine guys stand at the plate. How amazing will that be?  :koolaid
would be nice but pitchers get paid umpteen millions and the mlb doesn’t like them sliding around the bags. its all greed.
UCSB GauchosLos Angeles DodgersLos Angeles LakersOakland RaidersLos Angeles Kings
I went to a D1 school with a better swimming pool than yours.

testudo

• Stucknut historian (Shaves Ballz before NutStops)
  • -Nutter-
  • Amberlamp Driver
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2022, 05:39:12 pm »

That's RIDICULOUS.    :lol   
Maryland TerrapinsBaltimore OriolesWashington WizardsBaltimore RavensWashington Capitals

Club America

• Rack the Trolls
  • “Only a fool allows his enemy to educate his child
« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2022, 10:44:08 am »
AL homos implement that in a year,  :koolaid

:lol
Arkansas RazorbacksLos Angeles DodgersDenver BroncosColorado Avalanche
Like Fr. Ciszek, I understood that I was dealing with highly skilled sociopaths, men unencumbered by consciences.

Stab

• 2021 Member of the Year Always Humble and Delightfully Unpretentious
  • -Nutter-
  • SMASH teh [Rack Em]
« Reply #64 on: June 17, 2022, 08:38:35 am »
Can we just focus on high gas prices right now?
Wisconsin BadgersMilwaukee BrewersMilwaukee BucksGreen Bay PackersCarolina Hurricanes
This is a rackable moment.

Howie_In_Richmond

• -Member-
« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2022, 09:46:41 am »
https://www.theonion.com/nation-unable-to-enjoy-baseball-without-dozens-of-pitch-1849100606?utm_source=TheOnion_Daily_RSS&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2022-07-02

Scathing indictment of the DH:

LEE’S SUMMIT, MO—Lamenting that it would never again be able to relish the game as it was intended, the nation reportedly admitted Friday that it was unable to enjoy baseball without dozens of pitchers hitting .124. “How am I supposed to find these games interesting without the ninth batter being some overmatched pitcher who swings and misses three straight times for an out?” asked former St. Louis Cardinals fan Jerry O’Shea, echoing complaints from millions of Americans across the country who no longer find baseball entertaining now that Major League Baseball’s new universal designated-hitter rule has ensured they will never see a pitcher grounding out to kill a rally ever again. “The most fascinating part about baseball was watching the pitcher have to trudge up there and execute the worst bunt you’ve ever seen, or take three pitches because his manager’s worried about him getting injured. I just can’t get excited about seeing two lineups go to plate if neither features a pitcher who bats in the low .100s and feebly fouls out to third. And don’t even get me started on how we’ve lost the complicated double switch substitutions that were confusing and slowed the game down—I might miss those most of all.” The nation added that the only thing keeping it even mildly interested in baseball was watching overweight catchers and first basemen run the bases really slowly.
An important art of politicians is to find new names for institutions which under old names have become odious to the public. Talleyrand

Howie_In_Richmond

• -Member-
« Reply #66 on: August 17, 2022, 04:11:15 am »
Future DH.

Club America

• Rack the Trolls
  • “Only a fool allows his enemy to educate his child
« Reply #67 on: August 17, 2022, 05:34:57 am »
FFFFFFFFFFFFAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTT
Arkansas RazorbacksLos Angeles DodgersDenver BroncosColorado Avalanche
Like Fr. Ciszek, I understood that I was dealing with highly skilled sociopaths, men unencumbered by consciences.