Alvie's MIA

Author Topic: Alvie's MIA  (Read 670 times)

Bingobinks

• -Member-
Alvie's MIA
« on: June 15, 2022, 09:08:00 am »
Tired schtick on Alvie missing. He's on vacation, medical leave, or some other reasonable explanation. Send Paul's dog out to look for him. That would be entertaining. Otherwise, drop the charade. On the plus side, it did lead to allowing us to hear "Whitey's Dad" again.

Howie_In_Richmond

• -Member-
  • I am way more humble than you are.
Re: Alvie's MIA
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2022, 09:24:03 am »
Yeah, Rome said a couple of weeks ago that Alvie was going on vacation. Makes sense that he would do it right after his birthday and get back in time for the Smackoff. Plus, we know that Jim is going to be gone most of July so Alvin is vital to the shows guest hosts for the next month.
Virginia CavaliersAtlanta BravesWashington RedskinsChicago Blackhawks
An important art of politicians is to find new names for institutions which under old names have become odious to the public. Talleyrand

Howie_In_Richmond

• -Member-
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2022, 10:40:35 am »
Not only is it very contrived since we all know it's a lame schtick, it's also taking time away from better content including Smackoff Player Profiles. I hope he skips the one on Vic but I like hearing the other ones.
An important art of politicians is to find new names for institutions which under old names have become odious to the public. Talleyrand

VicNocal

• NFL Pool Champ
  • -Member-
  • My brand > Your brand
    • NocalVic
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2022, 10:43:51 am »
Tired schtick on Alvie missing. He's on vacation, medical leave, or some other reasonable explanation. Send Paul's dog out to look for him. That would be entertaining. Otherwise, drop the charade. On the plus side, it did lead to allowing us to hear "Whitey's Dad" again.

Rome grinds all day long from 4am to 10pm to bring you this content
California Golden BearsChicago BullsChicago Bears
"In some ways it was worse than 9/11 -The radical fundamentalists who carried out 1/6 were trying to kill the Vice President and members of Congress" -Suckeyes

Bingobinks

• -Member-
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2022, 12:11:43 pm »
I bet he is at his high school basketball state championship reunion

Saphead

• -Member-
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2022, 12:35:51 pm »
Maybe Alvie is 'on to other things'....... :(

warren

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2022, 02:44:42 pm »

Ultimate Triple U on this Alvie nonsense taking up so much time on the show when yeah, he's clearly on vacation or has Covid or something. How many times can they talk about it. It's so f'ing boring now.

Howie_In_Richmond

• -Member-
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2022, 02:48:19 pm »
No worries, he will be back for Monday's show and it will all be about, "Where have you been?" and how much sex did you have?" etc.

And no one will care that Ritt is back as well.

Steve in HTown

• -Admin-
    • stucknut
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2022, 03:24:03 pm »
alvie was scheduled to take 2 days off last week.

i think he got covid so he's in quarantine, but they can't outright say he has the 'vid for hipaa reasons.
ritt probably got covids too.  its been going around again although its very weak.

thats what happened a few months ago too.  they stopped showing the control room and kept saying an unnamed crew member was out.  they're trying to make a bit about it this time  :koolaid
Texas LonghornsLos Angeles DodgersLos Angeles LakersCleveland Browns

canamladhandsomebrady

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2022, 08:35:06 am »
Alvie's being dumped like T-Rodg,Kyle Brandt, the Hawk and others to whom Romey tied the can.