Grass Hockey bans "Acts of Simulation"

Author Topic: Grass Hockey bans "Acts of Simulation"  (Read 163 times)

Howie_In_Richmond

• -Member-
  • I am way more humble than you are.
Grass Hockey bans "Acts of Simulation"
« on: September 05, 2022, 12:38:17 pm »
Yes, it's true. The Champions League of European Futbol AKA Soccer has instructed their referees to crack down on "acts of simulation" and to show "fingertip feeling" whilst handling matches.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/sports/champions-league-refs-told-to-punish-acts-of-simulation-1.6053280

So no longer will players be able to fly through the air like they just stepped on a land mine if another player gently brushes past them. Forget rolling around in agony like your leg has just been lopped off. Unless you've been hit by an actual sniper you cannot collapse to the ground like a sack of potatoes if someone so much as breathes on you.  referee1
Virginia CavaliersAtlanta BravesWashington RedskinsChicago Blackhawks
An important art of politicians is to find new names for institutions which under old names have become odious to the public. Talleyrand

rob in indy

• -Nutter-
    • elonmusk
Re: Grass Hockey bans "Acts of Simulation"
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2022, 01:14:51 pm »
the article reads like it's just more tough talk from UEFA and there's nothing concrete beyond "wanting to punish" that type of behavior.

Most people would point at the players as the root of this problem but they are wrong, it's the REFS. the players are flopping BECAUSE they know the refs will feel pressured to blow that whistle in their mouth. the players are seeking to gain a positional advantage by getting the referee to stop play, and while they're at it they can possibly get the opposing player in trouble with a yellow card (if you get two, you're kicked out of the game with no replacement, royally screwing over your teammates) or a red card (you're outta there straight away)

this problem isn't gonna go away. refs all have distinct reputations, some are known for letting the game play itself, others are very hasty with the whistle. it's up to the refs to deviate from these reputations so that the players don't know how to work the system.

they've implement VAR (video assistant referee) and it hasn't solved goal allow/disallow problems. just this weekend Newcastle United got screwed over by it. so it's more tough talk but i'm skeptical anything is actually changing (yet)
Indiana HoosiersIndiana PacersIndianapolis Colts
Quote from: canamladhandsomebradylink=topic=88709.msg107809#msg1078089 date=1667656581
Stab is probably second to Rob .

rocket625

• Go Raiders
  • -Member-
  • Rip Curl
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2022, 01:30:55 pm »
Yes, it's true. The Champions League of European Futbol AKA Soccer has instructed their referees to crack down on "acts of simulation" and to show "fingertip feeling" whilst handling matches.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/sports/champions-league-refs-told-to-punish-acts-of-simulation-1.6053280

So no longer will players be able to fly through the air like they just stepped on a land mine if another player gently brushes past them. Forget rolling around in agony like your leg has just been lopped off. Unless you've been hit by an actual sniper you cannot collapse to the ground like a sack of potatoes if someone so much as breathes on you.  referee1
I like it best when they touch them then then do a spinning flying whipping crash to the ground and have the look of WWE death slam on their face. Then they chug out with the gator aid stretcher put a little spray on the knee and - viola its fixed. 
Soccer is a Jokey.
UCSB GauchosLos Angeles DodgersLos Angeles LakersOakland RaidersLos Angeles Kings
I went to a D1 school with a better swimming pool than yours.

Moodell

• International Brotherhood of Geniuses Local 163
  • -Nutter-
  • "Life is too serious to be taken seriously."
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2022, 01:47:59 pm »
Damn. That's the only entertainment I derive from watching futebol.

Indiana HoosiersCleveland IndiansCleveland CavaliersIndianapolis ColtsColumbus Blue Jackets
Progressives gnaw away at the pillars of our society as if they were  termites chewing on wood.