Who takes the AL East?

Author Topic: Who takes the AL East?  (Read 1742 times)

Sev in Ottawa

• Sexecutioner
  • -Member-
  • Don Postwhoreleones caporegime
Who takes the AL East?
« on: July 04, 2005, 10:35:15 pm »
OK, it's obvious the Wild Card isn't coming out of this division, so who's going to finish first?? Neither Boston or NY can win a game unless they score ten runs, the Jays can tag first place teams but can't beat the freaking Brewers and I don't know what the hell Baltimore is doing.

I'd pick the Sox only because I think once Schilling gets back they'll have the depth on the mound nessesary to win, but with the way their bully keeps torching things, they'd need at least seven innings out of the starters every night to have a chance at winning.

The Yankees?? Don't make me laugh.? Dropping eight or ten runs for three games doesn't make up for utterly crappy ball in the previous ten.? They have no defence in the outfeild and the go-to pinch hitter is Ruben Sierra.? Age is going to kill the Yanks.? If your best pitcher is a rookie, you don't have a shot.

As for Baltimore, well, the Cubs are looking smarter every day with the way Sammy isn't playing.? Baltimore needs runs almost as much as Boston or NY to win games, but for some reason, they can't stay consistant with the bats.? And don't get me started on the pitching.? If Fatola Colon is your ace, good luck.? I don't even know who the other throwers are on that team, and judging by the last month, I never will.

As for T-Bay, ummm wait never mind.  Although I must ask how is it possible to be mathematically eliminated after the first week?

And the Jays.? Hey, they COULD win it.? And KC could win the Series.? They're young and aggressive, but that gets you to .500.? Although, that might just win you this division.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2005, 10:37:38 pm by Sev in Ottawa »

Jeff in San Diego

Re: Who takes the AL East?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2005, 06:40:25 pm »
as long as the Sox don't tank, its theres for the taking, especially since their 1 and 2 starters arent even playing yet

mikethechowd

• -Member-
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2005, 07:17:31 pm »
I think the Sox can hang in there once Shill gets back. Arroyo goes to the bullpen and hopfully replaces that whopper serving closer they have now Kieth Folke and his 67 mph fastball.

Jeff not sure who else you are talking about as the second starter out right now...

Jeff in San Diego

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2005, 08:47:53 pm »
why fatty magoo Mr. Wells himself

pimpinthepark

• Off like a prom dress.
  • -Member-
  • Help?
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2005, 07:06:45 am »
why fatty magoo Mr. Wells himself

Who are you calling fat?